Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 991 GTS, Alcantara seats, or leather with cooling

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 10:24 PM
PBRyan52
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Atlanta. Ventilated seats are a God-send here and anywhere in the South during summer. As the sun beats down, the back gets damp even with the AC blasting. The ventilated seats take care of that problem quickly.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:32 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got ya man and I would assume so down south. I have been going to south FL ever since I was a teenager and the summers are brutal!
Old 09-16-2015, 01:13 PM
ignacio
Burning Brakes

Talking Porsche ventilated seats are unusually good!

I have ventilated seats in an MB e550. They are not as good.

When you get into car that has been in the sun, they really help.

Ask your dealer to try the ventilated seats before you decide.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:59 PM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I have alcantara in my GTS. It looks amazing and I like the feel, though sometimes with the top down in summer I wish I had ventilated. That said, in London, alcantara is more good more of the time.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:30 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MagicRat
I have alcantara in my GTS. It looks amazing and I like the feel, though sometimes with the top down in summer I wish I had ventilated. That said, in London, alcantara is more good more of the time.
I just sat in a GTS today with Alcantara and loved it. The feel is so nice.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:06 PM
Werks 1
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Alcantara is nice...I have it on my Cayenne GTS..... I have the cooling seats on my Cayenne diesel......I just ordered Targa GTS with Alcantera........ Much more elegant look and feel.....not really hot in the summer and I live in So. Cal. TOTAL personal preference........
Old 09-23-2015, 12:27 AM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Werks 1
Alcantara is nice...I have it on my Cayenne GTS..... I have the cooling seats on my Cayenne diesel......I just ordered Targa GTS with Alcantera........ Much more elegant look and feel.....not really hot in the summer and I live in So. Cal. TOTAL personal preference........
I live in the midwest and I had heated cooled seats in my Cayman S and never really used the cooled part. I love the feel of the Alacantara and want to try something different for once. Mouse fur is for me lol
Old 09-23-2015, 01:04 AM
thomnellie
Racer

You should try the vented seats out to see if you like the effect. I use them most of the summer in my Targa and frequently in my wife's ML350. My wife rarely uses the feature in either car. She can't tell the difference much in my Targa and doesn't like the sensation in her car. If you were getting a cab or Targa, I'd definitely say yes. Less need in a closed car.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:26 AM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by thomnellie
You should try the vented seats out to see if you like the effect. I use them most of the summer in my Targa and frequently in my wife's ML350. My wife rarely uses the feature in either car. She can't tell the difference much in my Targa and doesn't like the sensation in her car. If you were getting a cab or Targa, I'd definitely say yes. Less need in a closed car.
I did try them out in my Cayman S and I have a pickup now thats black with black interior and I never use that option. Always use the heated seats though. Thats why I went with the alcantara package on my GTS. But to each their own!

I agree on the open car closed car option. If I had a cab I would opt for them more than likely!
Old 09-26-2015, 10:12 PM
philipatl
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I chose the Alcantara..and on a cab too. It's a personal choice - some like..some don't.

As far as wear over time, I was looking at a 2009 Cayenne GTS the other day that had 60k miles on it and the alcantara in it looked as good as new. If it's that same stuff in our 991 GTS' then I think wear isn't an issue.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:17 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by philipatl
I chose the Alcantara..and on a cab too. It's a personal choice - some like..some don't.

As far as wear over time, I was looking at a 2009 Cayenne GTS the other day that had 60k miles on it and the alcantara in it looked as good as new. If it's that same stuff in our 991 GTS' then I think wear isn't an issue.
Yes, I am not worried about it at all and like the different feel over the leather. It can be cleaned too if need be. I think it feels way softer to sit in over the leather too for comfort.

Quick Reply: New 991 GTS, Alcantara seats, or leather with cooling