Sponsored by:

991 Infant Travel System?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 10:16 AM
rxtrom
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

She makes it look so easy...

Lets see how easily that folds after a few months when the spilled juice dries and the cheerios grind up into the hinges...
Old 02-04-2016, 07:55 PM
DerekS
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by hawc
We have one car. One parking spot. Have no 'need' for a car (live downtown in waking distance of everything) and will only do this a few times per month to take baby to appointments or friends and relatives.
After reviewing those photos it is obvious this is absolutely unworkable.

If you truly don't need a second/bigger car, and you only do this a few times per month, why not take Uber?
Old 02-07-2016, 08:17 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Update: Purchased a Cybex Aton 2 which should arrive shortly. Will get adapters and either a BabyZen Yoyo or Quinny Zap Xtra 2 with proper adapters for the 991.

Only concern is whether the handles are good for someone 6'1 but beggars can't be choosers.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:53 PM
Alsarkal
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TorqueChap
Alsarkal, this is the combo I'm heavily leaning towards at present! I'm hearing the Alton 2 is a wee bit better but am not sure. Any idea?

Tempted to get the BabyZen with Cybex adapters which is due out mid-Feb. (The Yoyo stroller is so small it is approved stowable on airplanes.)

Here's a link to blow some minds:
BABYZEN YOYO Stroller - YouTube
Not sure what the differences between and the old and new atons are but hopefully they are still naturally aspirated
I am impressed with the YOYO stroller. Might be tempted to get one.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:01 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Alsarkal
Not sure what the differences between and the old and new atons are but hopefully they are still naturally aspirated
I am impressed with the YOYO stroller. Might be tempted to get one.
Haha NA for sure.

Aton 2 has a few updates. The biggest one is a safety feature in the detachable seat base which has a front extender down to the floor for a head on collision. It's required now in the EU which tends to be ahead of US standards. (Stock photo attached.)

The Yoyo looks incredible.
Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2016, 05:09 PM
TAL2GK
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is the best thread I've read yet on the subject!

I'm in the market for a third car that will be used for fun only, but I'd love to be able to take my son for rides for the next year that he needs a rear facing car seat.

I drove a C2S the other day and loved it so much so that I'm trying to convince myself that my son AND my wife can both ride with me. Derek would say no and in fact, my Porsche salesman said no, but at least a few of you say yes.

I guess now I have to see if my wife can fit in the front seat all the way up or somehow behind me.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:13 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TAL2GK
This is the best thread I've read yet on the subject! I'm in the market for a third car that will be used for fun only, but I'd love to be able to take my son for rides for the next year that he needs a rear facing car seat. I drove a C2S the other day and loved it so much so that I'm trying to convince myself that my son AND my wife can both ride with me. Derek would say no and in fact, my Porsche salesman said no, but at least a few of you say yes. I guess now I have to see if my wife can fit in the front seat all the way up or somehow behind me.
Thanks! Been using my Aton 2/Yoyo combo around the city the past few months and it's awesome. Taking it to Stuttgart in a month to pick up our GTS Targa. More updates to come!
Old 06-23-2016, 12:10 AM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

I have a 997.2 GTS right now (so 4WD trunk) and a 5'2" wife. I use the Cybex Aton 2 and Quinny Zapp Xtra 2. They work great although I don't use the car seat base. The passenger seat is essentially all the way forward and inclined forward a touch from a typical seating position. My wife prefers to sit a bit more upright than typical, so while the seat is a bit farther forward towards the dash than is natural, she's not touching anything (no chance of knee-dash rubbing) or uncomfortable so that's fine.

Not sure about multiple hour drives though - that's what the SUV is for, or taxi/transit if we lived in a big city and didn't have an extra car.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:15 AM
joey c
Pro

I just wanted to add something here..I have a 2 1/2 year old and thought it would be great to have hime in a car seat in a 991S...We only had 2 cars and I needed to pick him up at day care and so on..It really didn't work..I think the engine in the back got to him..At first he liked it and then asked to go in Momma;s car..
I have since sold the 991 and bought a Macan GTS and a 2007 Cayman S...
In a pinch,you could do it.but as an everyday event,it sucked..
Old 06-23-2016, 02:22 AM
joey c
Pro

I also wanted to add that we did this for 14 months. My wife hated it as she had to sit almost touching the dash and my guy would kick her seat!!!
I will get another 911 when he is 6-7 and there will be no need for a car seat..
The day I got the Macan GTS he smiled and even thanked me!!
Old 06-23-2016, 05:03 PM
n8kruger
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry, I can't resist. The 991 is my three-year-old sons favorite car to fall sleep in. He is on one of those $15 cosco boosters. It fits perfectly. Maybe I should get him a fancier booster with some side impact protection. It usually only takes driving a few blocks. Daycare is three blocks from home.
Attached Images  
Old 06-23-2016, 05:48 PM
leveragedsellout
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The Nuna Pipa fits in the back of my c2S (rearfacing, without the base). My wife is 5'11 so certainly no long rides but at 5'4 it might be doable.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:08 PM
HK G36C
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by joey c
I also wanted to add that we did this for 14 months. My wife hated it as she had to sit almost touching the dash and my guy would kick her seat!!!
I will get another 911 when he is 6-7 and there will be no need for a car seat..
The day I got the Macan GTS he smiled and even thanked me!!
I have researched this issue for weeks and finally found the perfect car seat. Greco slimfit all in one! The only car seat with a 5 point harness that is rock solid lack system with no movement . It doesn't hit or rub the headliner. This is for our 2 year old. I am going to test the maxi cosi for our 4 year old. The nice thing about the Greco is that our 4 year old fits in it also. It may be that I just get another one for the other side.
Attached Images    
Old 02-26-2017, 10:28 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 688 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by HK G36C
I have researched this issue for weeks and finally found the perfect car seat. Greco slimfit all in one! The only car seat with a 5 point harness that is rock solid lack system with no movement . It doesn't hit or rub the headliner. This is for our 2 year old. I am going to test the maxi cosi for our 4 year old. The nice thing about the Greco is that our 4 year old fits in it also. It may be that I just get another one for the other side.
This thread was about a rear facing car seat. Some guys have been putting them in without the base, shoving the passenger seat to the dash and leaning the seat back forward. At some point you have to realize that when you start a family, the Porsche can't be part of the transport program if it means deleting the base, moving the passenger seat back into the drivers line of sight, etc. Then there is the difficult of squeezing the bucket through the doorway every time you need to go into a store with junior.

In the end, I chose to wait several years. Now my daughter is 10 (smallish stature) and my son just turned 7. They were both test fitted in Cosco boosters and they have plenty of room for feet, knees etc. My first Porsche (2017 C4) will arrive in May.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:40 PM
Daekwan
Advanced

Originally Posted by HK G36C
Great work! Bookmarking this thread

Quick Reply: 991 Infant Travel System?