Sponsored by:

991 Infant Travel System?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 10:19 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 991 Infant Travel System?

I've poured over past threads both on RL and 6Speed religiously. Still struggling to identify a travel system (infant seat and stroller) that best meets the following:

1. Rear-facing, rear seat infant car seat (sans backseat rub) which permits a 5'4" shotgun passenger to ride comfortably for several hours
2. Compatible stroller that fits into the frunk (roof rack isn't viable on a targa)

I know this isn't an easy request. But the need is real. Open to any and all suggestions from you experienced parents out there. TIA
Old 02-03-2016, 09:55 AM
rxtrom
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I can partially help. The GB Pocket stroller is brand new and apparently folds small enough to fit in a back pack.

http://mashable.com/2015/10/24/gb-po.../#j7_ZigyBSOqA

Now you just need a infant seat that fits in a Porsche....correctly.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:20 AM
DerekS
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 52 Posts

Have you considered trading in on a Macan?
Old 02-03-2016, 10:29 AM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a Quinny stroller that folds up and fits in the frunk with enough space left for a large diaper bag. It is not an infant stroller (doesn't have a snap-in thing for the infant car seat).
http://www.quinny.com/strollers-buggy/zapp/
Old 02-03-2016, 11:09 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

In NC - if the child seat won't work in the back of a coupe/truck then front seat is legal. I haven't checked to see if you can turn off the airbags in a 911.

Wife in the back seat or maybe it's just not the right car at the moment.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:43 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rxtrom
I can partially help. The GB Pocket stroller is brand new and apparently folds small enough to fit in a back pack.

http://mashable.com/2015/10/24/gb-po.../#j7_ZigyBSOqA

Now you just need a infant seat that fits in a Porsche....correctly.
Thanks RX!

Originally Posted by DerekS
I prefer my Porsches with two doors. Not trying to hack the 993TT but it'd be nice to get the whole family into the GTS Targa.

Originally Posted by stealthboy
I have a Quinny stroller that folds up and fits in the frunk with enough space left for a large diaper bag. It is not an infant stroller (doesn't have a snap-in thing for the infant car seat).
http://www.quinny.com/strollers-buggy/zapp/
Thanks Stealth! I really like the Quinny strollers. Are you rocking the Zapp or Zapp 2? Didn't think the former fit into an AWD 991.1 frunk
Old 02-03-2016, 12:57 PM
rxtrom
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TorqueChap
Thanks RX!

No problem..

Check this out.. A "space saving" travel system. Looks like they have a stroller too, not sure if it fits in the frunk.

http://cybex-online.com/us/carseats/aton.html

Here is a review link stating that this seat was the only one they tested to fit properly in a 911 cab.

http://thecarseatlady.com/csladdressescr/
Old 02-03-2016, 02:59 PM
hawc
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DerekS
Honestly comments like this aren't helpful. I'm in a similar situation and when people say, oh how about another vehicle or a second vehicle, I just roll my eyes.

Of course that will work, but that's not the question at hand.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:09 PM
hawc
Racer

This may not be an exact answer to your issue, because i'm not sure which is younger, infant or child, but this is what we just bought for our soon to be born baby that's rear facing and meets Canada's stricter child seat regulations. It's by Nuna and it's brand new. A passenger can no longer fit in the front seat. The seat back can go back into its normal position, but the front seat must be pulled so far forward that their face would be against the windscreen. So my wife sits behind me beside the child in the back seat and we leave the front seat empty. She fits fine behind me. She's 5'8'' and I'm 5'11''

In the final picture, it appears as though the seat is touching the baby seat. It is not. But the front seat is so far forward an adult cannot get in or out of it.

Still trying to find the stroller that fits in the front.

We have one car. One parking spot. Have no 'need' for a car (live downtown in waking distance of everything) and will only do this a few times per month to take baby to appointments or friends and relatives.

Please, if you're reading thread, the only helpful comments are how to make this situation work in light of the question. Saying stuff like, "Buy a bigger vehicle" is obnoxious and of no help to the actual question at all.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:36 PM
DerekS
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by hawc
Honestly comments like this aren't helpful. I'm in a similar situation and when people say, oh how about another vehicle or a second vehicle, I just roll my eyes.
Sorry, but there's a reason people call Porsches "impractical." They are really not suited well for this use case.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:39 PM
hawc
Racer

Yeah, but that's not the question here.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:33 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rxtrom
No problem..

Check this out.. A "space saving" travel system. Looks like they have a stroller too, not sure if it fits in the frunk.

http://cybex-online.com/us/carseats/aton.html

Here is a review link stating that this seat was the only one they tested to fit properly in a 911 cab.

http://thecarseatlady.com/csladdressescr/
I heavily read this article, but missed that key sentence. Only question is whether the front seat was usable.

Hawc, thanks for your detailed pics! I'm trying to have my cake and eat it too. Junior in the back seat and Mom riding shotgun.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:58 PM
hawc
Racer

I'm trying to have my cake and eat it too. Junior in the back seat and Mom riding shotgun.
Hoping you find a solution!

Old 02-04-2016, 01:03 AM
Alsarkal
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've poured over past threads both on RL and 6Speed religiously. Still struggling to identify a travel system (infant seat and stroller) that best meets the following:

1. Rear-facing, rear seat infant car seat (sans backseat rub) which permits a 5'4" shotgun passenger to ride comfortably for several hours
2. Compatible stroller that fits into the frunk (roof rack isn't viable on a targa)

I know this isn't an easy request. But the need is real. Open to any and all suggestions from you experienced parents out there. TIA
I have a cybex Aton without the base and it fits rear facing with enough space for a 5'4" passenger. It might not be the most comfortable but it is the only solution.

As for the stroller, I use the Quinny Zapp Xtra which is really small when folded and fits nicely in the frunk.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:04 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Alsarkal
I have a cybex Aton without the base and it fits rear facing with enough space for a 5'4" passenger. It might not be the most comfortable but it is the only solution.

As for the stroller, I use the Quinny Zapp Xtra which is really small when folded and fits nicely in the frunk.
Alsarkal, this is the combo I'm heavily leaning towards at present! I'm hearing the Alton 2 is a wee bit better but am not sure. Any idea?

Tempted to get the BabyZen with Cybex adapters which is due out mid-Feb. (The Yoyo stroller is so small it is approved stowable on airplanes.)

Here's a link to blow some minds:

Quick Reply: 991 Infant Travel System?