Sponsored by:

Xpel...Never again.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 12:38 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by vjd3
I think the hostility should be directed toward the shop that did the original install, not the manufacturer of the product that was installed improperly.

I think it's encouraging the someone high up in the company is trying to get things fixed and that working constructively is more likely to put things right, even if the initial attempts through customer service were unsatisfactory to the OP.

I don't think anyone is implying that there was anything wrong with the film itself. I understand how frustrated the OP is but if it were me I would be trying to work with XPel to try and get the best outcome possible.
This country doesn't appreciate or generally want to pay for craftsman anymore. PPF is not DIY and the installer should really almost apprentice for a period of time.

If the install is bad then the installer should eat it.

If the plotter screwed up (it did in my case) then the installer should recut and deal with Xpel - my installer installed it anyway...

If the film is bad - in my case had excessive orange peel and wouldn't stick on the edges then again; the installer should know to contact Xpel and not continue to install film they know is defective.

At the end of the day the transaction takes place with the installer and the installer should deal directly with Xpel and refund directly. If you get unethical installer like mine, then small claims is the only real recourse. UNLESS - as in my case, the rep came to the conclusion that it was in fact bad product. If the product is bad then there is a real grey area on who should refund and really depends on how much the installer and/or supplier cares about their reputation and customer service.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:57 PM
Roosell
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vjd3
I think the hostility should be directed toward the shop that did the original install, not the manufacturer of the product that was installed improperly.

I think it's encouraging the someone high up in the company is trying to get things fixed and that working constructively is more likely to put things right, even if the initial attempts through customer service were unsatisfactory to the OP.

I don't think anyone is implying that there was anything wrong with the film itself. I understand how frustrated the OP is but if it were me I would be trying to work with XPel to try and get the best outcome possible.

What the @#$%^&* are you doing?!?!?! Get that sanity out of here!

There's an ax that needs grinding, and a manufacturer that needs destroying! More pitch forks, STAT!
Old 07-22-2016, 01:11 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by dhirm5
I'm guessing it's because he's having to deal with this in the first place. This is beyond embarrassing for Xpel, imo.

Posturing on this forum doesn't help your case.
Sorry if it seems like I was posturing. That's not my intention at all. My sole intention is to get the issue fixed and, if warranted, take action internally if something was misrepresented by anyone on my staff.

Old 07-22-2016, 01:18 PM
NP993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by XPEL
I'm trying to get this resolved to make you happy...why all the hostility?
X2

Giuseppe you sound like a *very* difficult person to deal with. I don't know why I wasted my time reading this thread, but I did, and what I came away with is: 1) a sub-par wrap, 2) an installer who, annoyingly, doesn't want to admit fault, 3) a good-faith and commendable effort by the manufacturer to make it right, and 4) your rejection of every offer of resolution in favor of publicly threatening and tormenting the manufacturer. Why don't you get the clearbra removed, take your refund, and move on with your life?

Also, your sub-par clearbra install is not a real problem. Cancer is a real problem, your house burning down is a real problem, losing your job is a real problem. You're very blessed if you don't have real problems, but a couple of stretch marks on the clearbra of your new GT3 and some water spots on the rear-view mirror are not actual problems, certainly not ones deserving the bratty temper tantrum on this thread. Water spots on the mirror! You really have too much time on your hands...
Old 07-22-2016, 01:24 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,860 Likes on 4,809 Posts

Where's Judge Judy?
Old 07-22-2016, 03:36 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You guys crack me up.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:49 PM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

case closed? Manufacturer of product has agreed to eat it and is willing to work on finding an alternative installer.
Sounds like resolution.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:22 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Xpel has just sent me an email telling me the installer is offering a refund for the bad installation, I'm having the film removed in this exact moment. I'll update later. as of now I've been told the cloudy finish is actually under the film and was permanent.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:44 PM
996SPECticle
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
It's not true that they offered a refund, Tim lied. The refund is contingent to me taking the car to one of their shops in the area (read what the other local guy wrote earlier about the local shops) and then they'll refund me.
Thanks for the quote. It butthurt someone and got me an infraction for being "inappropriate and unhelpful" welcome to the internet, right?
I see my STFU was said wrong, I meant it as in the "let it go, get over it and life goes on" sense. Now as for the truly "bad" things not mentioned yet and/or on the spycam, that could be an entirely different thing to settle.
You seem to be hanging your hat on the fact that the Rep "Instructed you" to use this particular shop, intertwining culpability in your mind, Xpel co. and the installer. Cast that net wide, eh.
I agree we want all of our service providers to be perfect and contrite but when you take away their ability to correct the problem you make the problem impossible to solve.
So, it appears they have offered to repair/replace the superficial flaws or to remove their product and give a refund. Neither are acceptable to you so it seems obvious where you want to take this to next.

BTW, Has it been 2 weeks? Did those cloudy spots heal and clear themselves?

edit: I missed your above post. So all is well that ends well.
I love Xpel
Old 07-22-2016, 04:44 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by NP993
X2

Giuseppe you sound like a *very* difficult person to deal with. I don't know why I wasted my time reading this thread, but I did, and what I came away with is: 1) a sub-par wrap, 2) an installer who, annoyingly, doesn't want to admit fault, 3) a good-faith and commendable effort by the manufacturer to make it right, and 4) your rejection of every offer of resolution in favor of publicly threatening and tormenting the manufacturer. Why don't you get the clearbra removed, take your refund, and move on with your life?

Also, your sub-par clearbra install is not a real problem. Cancer is a real problem, your house burning down is a real problem, losing your job is a real problem. You're very blessed if you don't have real problems, but a couple of stretch marks on the clearbra of your new GT3 and some water spots on the rear-view mirror are not actual problems, certainly not ones deserving the bratty temper tantrum on this thread. Water spots on the mirror! You really have too much time on your hands...
I'm "very difficult"?

Look what XPEL's "partner" did, and hid from me. (Note: film is still in place)

Old 07-22-2016, 04:56 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,125 Likes on 672 Posts

I'm "very difficult"?

Look what XPEL's "partner" did, and hid from me. (Note: film is still in place)

Sorry, but what are we looking at here? The badge was not put on properly (as in screwed on)?
Old 07-22-2016, 04:59 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
Sorry, but what are we looking at here? The badge was not put on properly (as in screwed on)?
The installer cut thru the paint with his razor blade leaving it loose and pushed his finger in the aluminum section below.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:05 PM
Roosell
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look what XPEL's "partner" did, and hid from me.
I think you summed it up perfectly right there. As I read the comments from others I think there is near unanimous agreement the installer raped your otherwise beautiful car.

Were I in your shoes, my wrath would be directed at the installer.

Last edited by Roosell; 07-22-2016 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Saw the hole cut through the metal
Old 07-22-2016, 05:07 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Roosell
I think you summed it up perfectly right there. As I read the comments from others I think there is near unanimous agreement the installer made a mess of your otherwise beautiful car.

Were I in your shoes, my LAWYER would be directed at the installer.

Fixed
Old 07-22-2016, 05:15 PM
911sccab
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

"Authorized" is what links Xpel to the deviate installer. Had Xpel not authorized the installer, there'd be no reason to reach to them. But once they've blessed the installer's abilities, they're invited to the mess too!

Good luck to you OP, I'll stick with some touch-up paint down the road.

Quick Reply: Xpel...Never again.