Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PADM Failure Again

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 12:42 AM
Madisongy
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After 5 weeks of emailing back and forth with Porsche Customer Service, they have denied my request to replace the mounts that were installed in Illinois under warranty 24 months ago. Reason they gave me: The Florida dealer will not replace them under warranty since they did not install the warranted mounts 24 months ago. I responded that it's not really a dealership issue, but I'm really not sure why they dragged it out for 5 weeks. If I end up paying, it will be an order to FCP Euro for the part only and I'll install it.

Anyone know if I install them myself, will the warning message automatically go away or will I need special equipment to make that happen?
Old 01-14-2021, 07:20 PM
Bassman79
Instructor

Received 116 Likes on 38 Posts

'14 C4S here and my driver's side dynamic mount just failed. My shop chased the electrical issue into the mount itself - everything else was fine. Looks like it may have been the pressure sensor in the mount or something like that. $1400 part + three hours labor. Not too pleased about this. Car is obviously out or warranty and it was not a CPO. How is this not a recall issue based on how common this apparently is?
Old 01-16-2021, 04:08 PM
CSTROH
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bassman79
'14 C4S here and my driver's side dynamic mount just failed. My shop chased the electrical issue into the mount itself - everything else was fine. Looks like it may have been the pressure sensor in the mount or something like that. $1400 part + three hours labor. Not too pleased about this. Car is obviously out or warranty and it was not a CPO. How is this not a recall issue based on how common this apparently is?

Interestingly, dynamic mounts are not being used on the 992 gen GT3.
Old 04-22-2021, 04:02 PM
justabout
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by justabout
2016 GTS manual, 6,700 miles. After a very sharp low speed turn the PADM failure message appeared. Message hasn’t cleared after a few restarts so I’m guessing the mount is toast. Have a September appointment for diagnostics and a tire change. If the car handles ok I may just acknowledge the fault at startup and run it as is.
Finally got my car to the dealer. They confirmed the mount failed and will replace it when the part arrives. SA indicated Porsche will pay for the part. Have my fingers crossed.
Old 07-03-2021, 10:20 PM
Fünfer
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I got the dreaded PADM fault on my car last weekend. Drove it in Sport for a while and was fine. Put it in Sport+ and it happened.
My car is a 2014 with 13K miles and out of warranty. I'll probably take it to my Indy to get fixed. A couple of questions before I do:
- Did anybody get them fixed by Porsche for free/or reduced, after warranty expired?
- Any official recall on that item?
- Did it get re-designed/fixed in anyway? If I put in a new one, I'd hope that it would last longer.

Thx
Old 07-04-2021, 04:36 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 934 Likes on 552 Posts

Originally Posted by Fünfer
I got the dreaded PADM fault on my car last weekend. Drove it in Sport for a while and was fine. Put it in Sport+ and it happened.
My car is a 2014 with 13K miles and out of warranty. I'll probably take it to my Indy to get fixed. A couple of questions before I do:
- Did anybody get them fixed by Porsche for free/or reduced, after warranty expired?
- Any official recall on that item?
- Did it get re-designed/fixed in anyway? If I put in a new one, I'd hope that it would last longer.

Thx
if you buy the part from FCP euro, you can get lifetime replacement. I ended up buying a couple cheap on ebay with the latest part numbers from a totaled car. That's another option. The labor to change one out seems relatively easy.
Old 07-05-2021, 02:21 PM
AvgPorschefile
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Driver's side went out on my '13 C4S during a spirited drive a couple years ago. Bought replacement from Porsche and swapped it out myself. EZ-PZ... Seriously, the most difficult part was removing the rear bumper (hadn't done it before this). Did a simple Youtube vid on it (below). I'd like to think the original was improved upon, since the part number had advanced.

The following 2 users liked this post by AvgPorschefile:
koala (06-27-2022), Noah Fect (07-05-2021)
Old 09-15-2021, 01:43 PM
DiegoR
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Just to update, YES you can disable the PADM message and keep the PADM mounts or (replace with normal mounts) with the piwis3, just did it but you need do few rotuines in order to keep the PASM and lights working.
Old 06-03-2022, 09:30 PM
Officialc2s
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DiegoR
Just to update, YES you can disable the PADM message and keep the PADM mounts or (replace with normal mounts) with the piwis3, just did it but you need do few rotuines in order to keep the PASM and lights working.
how was this done exactly? My mechanic is having issues
Old 08-18-2022, 01:01 AM
ericmeds
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Retrospective -

Highly suggest using a 12" extension and a second jack to hold the pivot steady when you remove the bottom nut. The engine/pivot shifted when I removed the nut and had to do this after the fact to remedy as the bolt no longer was able to make it through.

Left side mount is can be swapped by loosening two 10mm nuts on airbox and move it slightly out of the way. No need to remove airbox and wing.

Old 09-06-2022, 04:53 PM
heymandan
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DiegoR
Hey DiegoR, I sent you a message if you could check it, but could you let me know how you were able to do this through PIWIS. I have PADM mounts but im moving to solids for my track setup and want to turn off this error message

Thanks
Old 09-06-2022, 06:07 PM
Lippy
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

If a dealer replaces them, do they do the pair or just the one that failed? I would think they need to be done in matched pairs.
Old 09-06-2022, 06:37 PM
justabout
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Lippy
If a dealer replaces them, do they do the pair or just the one that failed? I would think they need to be done in matched pairs.
They replaced one mount in my case, 991.1 GTS
Old 09-06-2022, 08:27 PM
ericmeds
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Lippy

Latest revision ends in 09 — My 2014 991.1 had a part number ending in 08 although have seen some people with as low as 04/05.

Since they were so close in revision, made the choice to replace one however my engineering mind would imagine if they were far enough apart, may want to do both.

The common fault is seeming a circuit/shorting related one so don’t think the actual dampening mechanisms would be much different.

Car feels GREAT.
Old 09-19-2022, 03:09 PM
L8 APXR
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I have been following this thread with great interest as my passenger side active mount failed - while driving home from purchasing the car back in May.... Can't detect any loss of performance but it is rather annoying having to deal with the warning message each time I drive the car. I will start tracking this car later this year so would appreciate the wise advice of this forum - should I replace the mount with an OEM part or go to the semi solid mounts? In reading above, it appears you can override the error message of the PADM but still not clear on how to do that. No warranty on the car so would be paying out of pocket. And I don't have (or have access to) a good diagnostic tool. I will change the mount myself (have done it before on my previous 997) but man these OEM mounts are pricey!

TIA

Quick Reply: PADM Failure Again