Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Cover?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 11:44 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Opened my new cover from Carnewal and it's not up to snuff. Ill fitting and too large.

Where can I find that Porsche-branded cover I've seen in member pics that fits like a skin-tight glove? Is it safe on paint? And equally importantly, can I get it without the line art for a quieter presence? TIA.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:55 AM
Sidvicious7
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts

Try this place.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/catego...IORCOVERS.html
Old 05-04-2017, 11:56 AM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I recommend you consider this company: https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/
They make the cover to your specific model type.
I've bought from them, twice, and I'm very satisfied with the fit and protection.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:58 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,390 Likes on 2,510 Posts

Surprised about the Carnewal cover. Did you contact Gert? His covers fit like a glove.

I use the Porsche indoor cover for winter hibernation. Very paint safe. Tip- never cover a dirty car.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:31 PM
Gert
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

Can you please send me an email ?
I would need to know the code on the cover.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:11 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,390 Likes on 2,510 Posts

^great customer service, Gert!
Old 05-04-2017, 04:02 PM
Thundertub
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool

When I bought my 991 a couple years ago, at the same time, I also bought a new car cover specific to my car (from the Porsche dealer that sold me my car). The "factory" "outside" cover is made of a material like Tyvek. There were some small areas that had an extra layer of support, a zipper over the left rear corner of the car, two cable straps that are supposed to snap onto your front valve stem covers to keep the cover from blowing away (worthless) and a permanently sewn on bag to zip it all into. The fact that it was a single layer of Tyvek-like material concerned me immediately. But I chose to believe "Porsche knows best."

The cover may be best for keeping bird and tree droppings from hitting the paint. One of the cable straps immediately fell off and I wasn't even using it. The bungee seam at the bottom died in about 6 months, so the cover flaps in the breeze, and blows off in the wind. Did I mention there are no tie down straps or eyelets anywhere around the bottom of the cover?

Never again.

I found a 993 coupe car cover in my garage. Got it new with my 993 in 1996. Still works like a champ, soft ventilated fabric all around the car, tight bungee seam, fits like a glove. Eyelets on each side to tie the cover down to the car. Skin tight, no problems. The fabric is called Block It.
California Cover Co. www.calcarcover.com
1 800 423 5525.

Their cover is what I will want when the current one finally gets old. They have a new outdoor fabric called NOAH. Sounds like the right one for me. LOL!

I know that outside car covers don't last forever, but the Porsche one died way too early. And, as usual, they (attempted to) over-engineer with those goofy cables and no eyelets (although I find that zipper kind of sexy - like on the side of a skirt. But I digress).

Last edited by Thundertub; 05-04-2017 at 04:36 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:32 PM
nevets49
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought this covercraft and am very happy with quality, fit etc. Of course it will never see outside elements so may not be for your circumstance. Only downside is lint transferring from underside of cover to cab top. I fixed that with a $28 piece of fabric.
Attached Images  
Old 05-04-2017, 05:47 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Gert
Can you please send me an email ? I would need to know the code on the cover.
Hey Gert, that was lightning quick! No harm intended. Your products and service have always been top-notch on my 993TT orders. And I very much appreciate your shipping this cover to my hotel in Stuttgart. Finally put it to use and it doesn't fit as I had expected. Will email you some photos when I'm back on-site.

To everyone else, thanks for your plethora of recommendations.

PSA (per LexVan): Friends don't let friends put covers on dirty cars.

Last edited by TorqueChap; 05-04-2017 at 08:30 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:49 PM
Brian E
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally I bought the indoor Porsche cover for my GTS and wasn't thrilled with it, so I bought a Satin Stretch indoor cover from Van Chau at Coverking. I couldn't be happier with the Satin Stretch.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:29 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Brian E
Originally I bought the indoor Porsche cover for my GTS and wasn't thrilled with it, so I bought a Satin Stretch indoor cover from Van Chau at Coverking. I couldn't be happier with the Satin Stretch.
Can you elaborate a bit? All ears
Old 05-05-2017, 06:33 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,126 Likes on 673 Posts

deleted
Old 05-05-2017, 08:04 PM
Brian E
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TorqueChap
Can you elaborate a bit? All ears
I like the material better on the Coverking Satin Stretch. I think the material that contacts the paint feels softer. I also think the Coverking fits better. I have the Aerokit Cup option and the Coverking fits so much better than the the Porsche cover. Throw in the fact that you have color options for the Coverking and it was an easy decision for me.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:08 PM
cweed
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by nevets49
I bought this covercraft and am very happy with quality, fit etc. Of course it will never see outside elements so may not be for your circumstance. Only downside is lint transferring from underside of cover to cab top. I fixed that with a $28 piece of fabric.
That's a really nice garage!
Old 05-06-2017, 02:09 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Brian E
I like the material better on the Coverking Satin Stretch. I think the material that contacts the paint feels softer. I also think the Coverking fits better. I have the Aerokit Cup option and the Coverking fits so much better than the the Porsche cover. Throw in the fact that you have color options for the Coverking and it was an easy decision for me.
Thanks Brian E.

Quick Reply: Car Cover?