Notices
992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How about a VIP-like buy-and-hold + no ADM system?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2021, 06:07 PM
ClassJ
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 168 Posts

When combating folks exporting their cars and drying up the US market, Land Rover had to take strong measures a few years back. They had all sorts of export control docs drawn up. If you bought a Range Rover you had to agree not to export the car. You also had to assert that you were not a "straw purchaser" that intended to sell the car to a broker or other third party that intended to export. Fines that you have to agree to are
  • Liability to us for at least $25,000 in damages, losses, and expenses
  • Rescission of the sale or lease agreement for the vehicle
  • Criminal liability for defrauding the dealership to obtain the vehicle
  • May be prohibited from purchasing/leasing another new vehicle
Once could argue the same sort of process could be put in place for US Porsche sales to 1) Stop the export of cars that depletes US allocations. 2) Stomp on brokers that are driving up demand falsely by sucking up allocations.

The following users liked this post:
michaeldorian (03-27-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 06:09 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by CarManDSL
Mr GT3coin, you clearly have too much time on your hands while you watch the other coins crash and burn.

I'll stick to the current buying methods, ADM or not, and receive an actual aluminum, carbon and titanium GT3 to enjoy!
If I crash and burn in it, well . . . . at least it was REAL!

Cheers
Friday inspiration what can I say. I'll be working til 8-9pm tonight probably but it's fun to let juices flow when inspiration strikes. And yes, the insanity which is bitcoin has been an amazing ride, despite the fact I think it's the biggest fraud ever. Sometime the trend is your friend.

Keep in mind that what I'm talking about above, seems comical, but it's a more developed thesis for a cryptocoin than many, and it's actually how the **** works, we could literally start a coin called "GT coin" based on my post above and many people on this forum and outside of it would invest in it.

I was only half kidding, as per usual.

Last edited by CAlexio; 03-26-2021 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-26-2021, 08:30 PM
CarManDSL
Rennlist Member

Received 339 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Friday inspiration what can I say. I'll be working til 8-9pm tonight probably but it's fun to let juices flow when inspiration strikes. . . . . .
I was only half kidding, as per usual.
Entertaining read and all good fun CAlexio!
Old 03-26-2021, 11:23 PM
rhk118
Pro

Received 267 Likes on 171 Posts

So based on the drawing, there will be at least a ‘Touring’ version of said token? Or is this token just a mule?
Old 03-27-2021, 01:19 AM
michaeldorian
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 285 Posts
Wink

I just created a limited number of 21,000,000 tokens to sell you, call me, we can talk.
Brilliant. Count me in. Probably my best bet at a 992 in some form. Do you take LTC?
Old 03-27-2021, 02:28 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,484 Likes on 2,270 Posts

lots of interesting ideas.
but here is what I think...
if I made enough money to buy one of these thing, I am smart enough to game any system or punishment the manufacture can come up with.
this is how humans behave.
we break rules.
Old 03-27-2021, 02:35 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
lots of interesting ideas.
but here is what I think...
if I made enough money to buy one of these thing, I am smart enough to game any system or punishment the manufacture can come up with.
this is how humans behave.
we break rules.
My neighbor owns most of our neighborhood. Started from nothing.. has $50M+ in properties. When you listen to his philosophy, and how he has done it, he sees opportunity where others see obstacles... the more regulated an investment, the more he sees barriers to entry for others. He's an inspiration... but my point is, most humans see obstacles, a small percentage see opportunities...

I don't even know were I'm going with this.. I do know I'm waking up 5am to go driving 911's tomorrow... 993's & 991's to be specific. Much better than 992... 992 is not for driving it's for just posing and flipping.

Me like driving.

Token post.

Out.

Last edited by CAlexio; 03-27-2021 at 02:41 AM.
michaeldorian (03-27-2021)
Old 03-27-2021, 09:38 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by ClassJ
The way see it is that there is a difference between supply and demand and market manipulation by flippers.

The latter is the real issue here.
It's always the buyer and not the seller which sets the price for any commodity. So your problem is really with the buyer and not the flipper.
Maverick787 (03-27-2021)
Old 03-27-2021, 10:14 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Let’s buy all new IPO’s at entry to market rate? Value is only want a person feels is a fair deal, and if not don’t buy it’s simple as that ...........it’s a car nothing more. They make lots of them in many colors and brands. I will never beg someone to take my money for a product, and this when the 992.2 comes out the same insanity will start over again.
Old 03-27-2021, 10:49 AM
ClassJ
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by fast1
It's always the buyer and not the seller which sets the price for any commodity. So your problem is really with the buyer and not the flipper.
Its push pull. When you can control the inventory (cars, oil, diamonds, etc) you can set and manipulate prices however you want.

Buyers don’t set the price for diamonds or oil. The seller controls the pricing and inventory and reacts to sales and demand in a feedback loop fashion.

My problem is not even necessarily the dealers attempting to charge ADM. Its the brokers and flippers drying up allocations and creating false demand.

Old 03-27-2021, 08:26 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,546 Likes on 951 Posts

I have this radical idea. If there are too many buyers for the limited number of cars, the dealers decide who gets them based on this thing called money …
Old 03-31-2021, 03:58 PM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 769 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Fang911
A good friend has been in the Porsche VIP program since picking up a 918 and has since Acquired a GT3, GT3RS, 911R and Speedster. In each case, he paid MSRP but is obligated to keep the car for at least a year.

I can understand dealers trying to make as much money per car as possible and are probably frustrated watching flippers sell 911R’s for 2-3X. If a similar pricing structure was extended to all GT cars (ie the buyer can’t sell the car for more than MSRP within the first year)- wouldn’t that help minimize flippers/speculators and put more cars in the hands of actual enthusiasts?
Porsche will be out of business pretty quick if their main goal is to put cars in the hands of "actual enthusiasts"
Old 04-01-2021, 01:04 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,484 Likes on 2,270 Posts

My neighbor owns most of our neighborhood. Started from nothing.. has $50M+ in properties. When you listen to his philosophy, and how he has done it, he sees opportunity where others see obstacles... the more regulated an investment, the more he sees barriers to entry for others. He's an inspiration... but my point is, most humans see obstacles, a small percentage see opportunities...

I don't even know were I'm going with this.. I do know I'm waking up 5am to go driving 911's tomorrow... 993's & 991's to be specific. Much better than 992... 992 is not for driving it's for just posing and flipping.

Me like driving.

Token post.

Out.

https://youtu.be/inVgUtkRewU
driving is good idea
that, eating and cycling are the only times I am free of other worries.
Old 04-04-2021, 04:04 AM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

Received 571 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by Fang911
A good friend has been in the Porsche VIP program since picking up a 918 and has since Acquired a GT3, GT3RS, 911R and Speedster. In each case, he paid MSRP but is obligated to keep the car for at least a year.

I can understand dealers trying to make as much money per car as possible and are probably frustrated watching flippers sell 911R’s for 2-3X. If a similar pricing structure was extended to all GT cars (ie the buyer can’t sell the car for more than MSRP within the first year)- wouldn’t that help minimize flippers/speculators and put more cars in the hands of actual enthusiasts?
this is what Rolex does for certain pieces, they hold the warranty card for 12 mo. That’s since changed as the warranty cards are being replaced with a digital profile but this buy and hold is not unprecedented.

Quick Reply: How about a VIP-like buy-and-hold + no ADM system?