Notices
992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How about a VIP-like buy-and-hold + no ADM system?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2021, 08:56 PM
Fang911
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 207 Posts
Default How about a VIP-like buy-and-hold + no ADM system?

A good friend has been in the Porsche VIP program since picking up a 918 and has since Acquired a GT3, GT3RS, 911R and Speedster. In each case, he paid MSRP but is obligated to keep the car for at least a year.

I can understand dealers trying to make as much money per car as possible and are probably frustrated watching flippers sell 911R’s for 2-3X. If a similar pricing structure was extended to all GT cars (ie the buyer can’t sell the car for more than MSRP within the first year)- wouldn’t that help minimize flippers/speculators and put more cars in the hands of actual enthusiasts?
The following users liked this post:
michaeldorian (03-25-2021)
Old 03-20-2021, 04:00 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,483 Likes on 2,269 Posts

it is not that fair
I rarely keep cars over 12 months.
I sell them at loss every time
I don't see why anyone should have control over what I do with a car I own and paid for with MY money.
The following 7 users liked this post by mooty:
997usa (03-22-2021), evanescent03 (03-20-2021), flsupraguy (03-22-2021), lee88 (03-20-2021), NYCGT3 (03-26-2021), rhk118 (03-26-2021), subshooter (03-20-2021) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-20-2021, 10:10 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
it is not that fair
I rarely keep cars over 12 months.
I sell them at loss every time
I don't see why anyone should have control over what I do with a car I own and paid for with MY money.
Same here. And agree 100%.
Old 03-20-2021, 12:07 PM
PantsFire
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

ADM's are only a thing because because supply is limited and people are willing to pay to guarantee they get a car, Porsche are trying to ease this by making supplies less limited, they built exactly 2500 981 GT4's but the 718 GT4/Sypder is being made until late 2021 and the only limiting factor will be how many cars the factory can produce in that window. Production may stop when the rumored GT4RS production starts but given they've just added a PDK option they may continue to make both cars at the same time. AP alluded to a similar production run for the GT3 program, demand will likely be greater than supply but I'll be interested to see if Porsche are still taking orders later this year, I think they might be.
Old 03-21-2021, 11:51 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,260 Likes on 945 Posts

Why are people so worked up about ADM. it is what it is In the porsche world. If you like the car and must have it now, pay the ADM. or just wait a few months and get one at MSRP or wait a bit longer abs get it below MSRP or just buy something else.

People act like no other brand makes cars.
josephr25 (03-21-2021)
Old 03-22-2021, 02:05 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,483 Likes on 2,269 Posts

^ wife has pms
I have nothing to do
mistress left me
I can only afford $5mm in pp and they are out of stock at the moment
so I am here to discuss ADM
The following 3 users liked this post by mooty:
AlexCeres (03-26-2021), Freddie Two Bs (03-25-2021), Norge911 (03-25-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 10:32 AM
Bartleby7334
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
^ wife has pms
i heard lnengineering has a 'pms solution' available for your model
Old 03-25-2021, 06:36 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

I am completely against people being told what they can and can’t do with their property....
Old 03-25-2021, 07:40 PM
Fang911
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 207 Posts

I agree with everyone in principle, but also feel whether its a GT car, Super Bowl tickets or Beanie Babies- these coveted items / experiences should be in the hands of “consumers” who actually enjoy them rather than investors/flippers.

If the Bears make it to the Super Bowl next year with Andy Dalton at the helm, I would gladly pay whatever face value is to take my son… But it seems unfortunate I would have to compete against professional scalpers and programmed bots to obtain tickets from Ticketmaster- mission impossible- and instead pay $5-10K to some flipper on Stubhub who had no intention of going to the game.

On the other hand, I agree we should be able to do what we want with our property, including selling it at whatever price we can get. Is there some way to reconcile both positions?

Also- just playing devils advocate, if I can sell something for “market value“, why can’t a dealership ie ADM?
josephr25 (03-26-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 08:20 AM
ClassJ
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Fang911
I agree with everyone in principle, but also feel whether its a GT car, Super Bowl tickets or Beanie Babies- these coveted items / experiences should be in the hands of “consumers” who actually enjoy them rather than investors/flippers.

If the Bears make it to the Super Bowl next year with Andy Dalton at the helm, I would gladly pay whatever face value is to take my son… But it seems unfortunate I would have to compete against professional scalpers and programmed bots to obtain tickets from Ticketmaster- mission impossible- and instead pay $5-10K to some flipper on Stubhub who had no intention of going to the game.

On the other hand, I agree we should be able to do what we want with our property, including selling it at whatever price we can get. Is there some way to reconcile both positions?

Also- just playing devils advocate, if I can sell something for “market value“, why can’t a dealership ie ADM?
The way see it is that there is a difference between supply and demand and market manipulation by flippers.

The latter is the real issue here.
Old 03-26-2021, 02:59 PM
G.Irish
Racer

Received 205 Likes on 108 Posts

I think if you made an opt in program for this, maybe it could work. Maybe for early allocations allow buyers to sign up for that to get guaranteed MSRP, or be free to pay market price and do whatever they want.

But ultimately how do you enforce it? Would Porsche or the dealership have to take people to court over selling the cars early? That doesn't seem like a good deal for Porsche or the dealer. It might be better for Porsche as a brand to get more drivers into the cars, but having to sue people could cancel out that goodwill. But then again, they're already doing it with the VIP program ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think the simplest solution for Porsche is just make more cars and the problem solves itself.
Old 03-26-2021, 03:05 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,845 Likes on 4,800 Posts

PAG is smart enough not to do something like this because it would depress sales of GT cars.

Unlike a Ford GT, for example, a GT3 -- as great as it is, is not an immediate collectable. Maybe in 10-15 years, but not in the present day.
Old 03-26-2021, 05:13 PM
MrSelfDestruct
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

I like my dealer's system. Sell new GT vehicles at MSRP. Sell used GT vehicles at market rate - usually $30k - $50k over MSRP.
Old 03-26-2021, 05:29 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

This is so it, I have found the perfect solution to the dealership ADM game.

Porsche introduces the car at an initial price, and you can buy a token or certificate at this price which will go up or down according to how early you bought your token and how soon you could off-load it to the next guy. This token essentially gives you a spot in line for production which you can also sell at a certain spot price, which again will go up or down according to demand. If demand is high, you can make a lot more money, or even make an art project put of the token, (usually as an image of the car specced by an artist), and it becomes an NFT (non fungible token) which doesn't give you access to the underlying car necessarily, nor does it give you access to that art piece representing it, but it forever registers you on a very secure distributed ledger that you own the rights to that token. those rights can also fork off into more ephemeral "bragging rights" which are also very secure because everyone who has purchased this token has a copy of these bragging rights in a hard wallet or maybe even websites which they have forgotten how to access, but it's ok. They may not have access to any of it any longer, but don't worry because there is simply no chance of anyone falsely claiming they have the token to the spot for the car outside of you, or some online version of you which you misrepresent to the world... (as long as you remember your password or otherwise you cease to update your profile and then you are effectively forgotten)

Now, the best part is that Porsche promises to build these cars but won't necessarily deliver you a real car, but remember you'll have both NFT's, or tokens, or verified bragging rights on Rennlist to this car, and no one will be able to deny your ownership that you spent so much money on, and your ability to bragging rights will be directly traceable and therefore immutable. This is of course unless you post a pic of naked bobblehead doll on Rennlist with a plastic micropecker visible which is completely illegal and gets you erased.

Environmentally speaking this is perfect, because No one will actually drive or own the actual car for fear of their token losing value before they quickly offload it to the next sucker, and they you can trade these tokens all day and become really rich doing so even though most people will not have a clue how to drive a stick but they can say they do because the most valuable "manual" tokens will prove it on this aforementioned ledger.

I could go on but it might get a little complicated after this, so, just trust me. This is the ultimate solution.

I just created a limited number of 21,000,000 tokens to sell you, call me, we can talk.
First one for sale is shark blue, which I promise nobody else will have and will be worth more than you imagine.. this is because it was originally created by Andreas P...Nakatoshi after he saw a yacht with a blue hall while on vacation on Sardinia which is such a rare and special blue that... look, just trust me this is the most valuable token and will only go up in value in a 1000 years (again as long as you remember your password, and 2-phase Authenticator on a Chinese website which is now illegal for you to access but which the IRS is monitoring in case you actually should dare to try to turn your shark blue tokens into actual products you can consume should the world end like bread or milk for your children back in the real world whatever that is).

Anyway, Here it is, the perfect non fcukable-with environmentally sound perfect solution as it applies to Porsche GT cars but really I can make this pyramid, errr, system work for anyone.

Happy Friday fokkers.

Name:  photo79.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  334.9 KB

Last edited by CAlexio; 03-26-2021 at 05:51 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by CAlexio:
Bartleby7334 (03-27-2021), mcsmcs1 (03-27-2021), michaeldorian (03-27-2021), rhk118 (03-26-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 06:05 PM
CarManDSL
Rennlist Member

Received 339 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
This is so it, I have found the perfect solution to the dealership ADM game.
Porsche introduces the car at an initial price, and you can buy a token . . . . .
Happy Friday fokkers.
Mr GT3coin, you clearly have too much time on your hands while you watch the other coins crash and burn.

I'll stick to the current buying methods, ADM or not, and receive an actual aluminum, carbon and titanium GT3 to enjoy!
If I crash and burn in it, well . . . . at least it was REAL!

Cheers

Quick Reply: How about a VIP-like buy-and-hold + no ADM system?