Sponsored by:

Update on 2021 European Delivery Options

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2022, 02:43 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by SCCAForums
Might have been different when I did Euro delivery on my 2018 GT3, but I only had to pay like a $25k deposit to participate in Euro delivery, and then wasn’t charged remainder of car until its arrival at U.S. dealer, a couple of months later.

Best regards,
Dave
This makes no sense.. you drove a car without paying for it? I'm not sure what to think but either you're memory is confused or the world doesn't work like I know it to work. Everyone who does ED pays for the car up front, you are taking delivery and putting miles on the car starting from the factory... it's paid for before you even get to Europe.
The following users liked this post:
carrering (01-24-2022)
Old 01-23-2022, 09:44 AM
SCCAForums
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
This makes no sense.. you drove a car without paying for it? I'm not sure what to think but either you're memory is confused or the world doesn't work like I know it to work. Everyone who does ED pays for the car up front, you are taking delivery and putting miles on the car starting from the factory... it's paid for before you even get to Europe.
Please review post #103 and #104 and I think you’ll educate yourself why it made sense.

So, in my case… it wasn’t.
Old 01-23-2022, 05:42 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Please review post #103 and #104 and I think you’ll educate yourself why it made sense.

So, in my case… it wasn’t.
You're talking about a situation where you didn't drive your own car.. how is this relevant to the guy who asked about ED, or to anyone asking about it. You clearly had a completely unrelated event. Point stands.

I also don't pay for Ferraris because my dad's name was Enzo. So, don't worry you won't have to either! i hope you feel educated on Ferrari buying now.

Last edited by CAlexio; 01-23-2022 at 05:43 PM.
Old 01-23-2022, 08:45 PM
SCCAForums
Pro

You're talking about a situation where you didn't drive your own car.. how is this relevant to the guy who asked about ED, or to anyone asking about it. You clearly had a completely unrelated event. Point stands.

I also don't pay for Ferraris because my dad's name was Enzo. So, don't worry you won't have to either! i hope you feel educated on Ferrari buying now.
I’m not sure what you’re smoking… but please share.

i shared my ED experience, it was 100% ED, on my order form. In my scenario, and everyone else in late October/November 2017, this was a last minute snafu that PCNA did their best to make right. I still experienced the full delivery and receiving of my car. I just wasn’t able to take it, and they had to give me one of their cars for our ED.

I don’t know why you feel the need to be an *******.. but that’s on you.

Next time, read the entire post… you do fit in with the Ferrari type it seems.

Dave
Old 01-24-2022, 01:47 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

i shared my ED experience, it was 100% ED, on my order form. In my scenario, and everyone else in late October/November 2017, this was a last minute snafu that PCNA did their best to make right. I still experienced the full delivery and receiving of my car. I just wasn’t able to take it, and they had to give me one of their cars for our ED.

Dave
Hi, DAVE. You're taking this the wrong way, but it's ok, I won't use words like yours in return. if you see a parallel to your ED situation and everyone else's, then yes, I must be smoking something. But then someone here asks about whether you have to pay for your car before getting so much as to touch your door handle during ED, then the answer is categorically yes. 100% of time.

I'll go back to smoking but you have to admit that. Or don't.
Old 01-24-2022, 12:00 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,144 Likes on 983 Posts

To bring us back to a fun place, here is my route on my last ED. I picked up the car in Leipzig and drove to Romania through the Carpathian mountains to see Dracula's castle and hammer the Transfagarasan highway then went through Bosnia and Serbia on my way to Venice and Mount Blanc for drop off in Stuttgart. I like to drive. Here are some pics.

Car booted in Bosnia.

Mount Blanc

Last edited by subshooter; 01-24-2022 at 12:02 PM.
RealityGT (01-24-2022)
Old 01-24-2022, 12:15 PM
SCCAForums
Pro

Hi, DAVE. You're taking this the wrong way, but it's ok, I won't use words like yours in return. if you see a parallel to your ED situation and everyone else's, then yes, I must be smoking something. But then someone here asks about whether you have to pay for your car before getting so much as to touch your door handle during ED, then the answer is categorically yes. 100% of time.

I'll go back to smoking but you have to admit that. Or don't.
I not only touched my door handle… I sat in my car. 😀 And I started with “it may have been different in my ED experience”.

Maybe the more accurate way to phrase it would be “if you’re going to drive off in your car during ED, you’ll have to pay for it in advance.”

My ED experience is what it was, And we had a blast, getting both Leipzig and Zuffenhausen included. I was only sharing another experience.

If someone gets lucky (or unlucky) depending on how you look at it. And isn’t able to get their car during ED, they should be able to experience the full ED visit/visits for nothing more than the VAT.

Dave
Old 01-24-2022, 09:10 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

How can it be a European Delivery without the Delivery? You got a Porsche Treffen experience. They gave you a rental car. You got to sit in a car that you didn’t own yet. You may have ordered it but you didn’t own it at that point. Don’t think anything wrong with that given your situation. In fact it’s pretty nice of Porsche doing that for you. Still I wouldn’t call it European Delivery. That’s why you didn’t need to pay for it upfront.

Dave
Old 01-24-2022, 09:55 PM
SCCAForums
Pro

Originally Posted by carrering
How can it be a European Delivery without the Delivery? You got a Porsche Treffen experience. They gave you a rental car. You got to sit in a car that you didn’t own yet. You may have ordered it but you didn’t own it at that point. Don’t think anything wrong with that given your situation. In fact it’s pretty nice of Porsche doing that for you. Still I wouldn’t call it European Delivery. That’s why you didn’t need to pay for it upfront.
Again, it was my and everyone else’s European Delivery experience during that time, and if I had the choice, would have done it that way 100% of the time.

November delivery… getting to still see my car… Leipzig Track their GT3, Leipzig hotel included, Zuffenhausen museum delivery and factory tour… and get to put 2,000 Km on their new AWD Turbo S, Racing around Circuit De Spa and the Nurburgring… in the rain… there was no better car than the turbo S, and no better Euro Delivery experience for us.

Dave
BritinSF (01-25-2022)
Old 01-24-2022, 10:18 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Any update on ED being reopened for 2022?

Chatter suggests some folks have gotten a June ED date. Is ED officially open anew?
Old 01-25-2022, 10:39 PM
gt4-2-n8
Instructor

Received 92 Likes on 31 Posts

yes it is.
Old 01-25-2022, 11:05 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gt4-2-n8
yes it is.
Thanks for confirming! Perhaps the silver lining in all of these delays in my build, which was once Feb and now moved to June/July...
Old 01-26-2022, 12:15 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,121 Likes on 731 Posts

Factory tours are still closed. Hoping it reopens by June!

For all the ED is only if you drive away folks. I may do ED without driving away!! It's still ED, if that matters to some.
Old 01-26-2022, 08:13 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1,010 Likes on 562 Posts

I got my May date, it’s back on
Old 01-26-2022, 09:39 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cosmos
I got my May date, it’s back on
Are you in the USA or Canada? Been hearing the latter is being prioritized for the moment but either way all leading indicators seem to be good!

Quick Reply: Update on 2021 European Delivery Options