Sponsored by:

Update on 2021 European Delivery Options

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2021, 04:42 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,144 Likes on 983 Posts
Default Update on 2021 European Delivery Options

I am working on planning a European Delivery (ED) for my GT3 and learned a couple things that I wanted to share with the forum, some of which has info that applies to non-ED cars as well.

PCNA is not scheduling EDs until September due to covid travel restrictions (which may be lifted or not). Either way, GT3 EDs cannot be conducted until after September 17th. If you recall, this is the same date that all of us with early builds have scheduled for delivery. As suspected, this is the CAFE/EPA approval date which may shift or not. In the past, it has shifted right.

I also asked if I could do my ED earlier than Sept 17th since the car would not be imported into the US yet. Just ship it to the US after the EPA approval is obtained - easy right? They could not do this because the car counts as being sold to an American consumer on the day that I take custody of the car during ED even though it is not being driven in the US. I'm not sure if this is a legal issue or PCNA policy.

I'm now scheduled for an ED on Sep 28th which is the earliest date I could get for Leipzig but have PEC-ATL delivery as a backup if ED falls through. I plan on hitting the track in Leipzig included as part of the ED package (in a 991.2 GT3 I presume) and then take my car over to SPA and the Ring to break it in properly.
The following 4 users liked this post by subshooter:
CarmineGT3 (04-29-2021), jfr0317 (04-27-2021), loungedog (05-01-2021), touringGT3 (04-27-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 05:35 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,738 Likes on 2,700 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
I am working on planning a European Delivery (ED) for my GT3 and learned a couple things that I wanted to share with the forum, some of which has info that applies to non-ED cars as well.

PCNA is not scheduling EDs until September due to covid travel restrictions (which may be lifted or not). Either way, GT3 EDs cannot be conducted until after September 17th. If you recall, this is the same date that all of us with early builds have scheduled for delivery. As suspected, this is the CAFE/EPA approval date which may shift or not. In the past, it has shifted right.

I also asked if I could do my ED earlier than Sept 17th since the car would not be imported into the US yet. Just ship it to the US after the EPA approval is obtained - easy right? They could not do this because the car counts as being sold to an American consumer on the day that I take custody of the car during ED even though it is not being driven in the US. I'm not sure if this is a legal issue or PCNA policy.

I'm now scheduled for an ED on Sep 28th which is the earliest date I could get for Leipzig but have PEC-ATL delivery as a backup if ED falls through. I plan on hitting the track in Leipzig included as part of the ED package (in a 991.2 GT3 I presume) and then take my car over to SPA and the Ring to break it in properly.
Nice going! I think you'll be offered a 992 GT3 to drive at the Leipzig track (I had a 991.2 GT3 there after it was just released about the same amount of time in advance - remember they show up in Europe earlier than here). I even got to drive a Manual (with Pink Pig livery wrap)

Last edited by GrantG; 04-27-2021 at 05:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DrJay (06-18-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 05:53 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GrantG
Nice going! I think you'll be offered a 992 GT3 to drive at the Leipzig track (I had a 991.2 GT3 there after it was just released about the same amount of time in advance - remember they show up in Europe earlier than here). I even got to drive a Manual (with Pink Pig livery wrap)
Thanks! A facebook acquaintance is having a delivery of his GT3 on the same day and we are planning on SPA in early October. We both tried to get Leipzig for our pickup but they only allow one GT3 delivery a day there. I presume because they only have one GT3 for their track experience. I beat him to the punch and got it. PCNA just received Leipzig's ED delivery slots availability this morning and I jumped on it. He is now doing Stuttgart and I assume we will meet up at SPA.
Old 04-27-2021, 07:32 PM
JoeGT3
Instructor

Received 127 Likes on 60 Posts

not wanting to ruin your plans but we had a big peak of covid the last months, just after christmass, france closed the border and forced all their citizens to not travel outside by roads.
last summer happened a similar situation, just after vacations there was another covid wave.
i just expect the same thing as last year, we will have no restrictions on summer cause people need to breath and tourism industry needs to eat, but after august i honestly expect severe restrictions again

resuming : there is a high posibility you will not be able to travel for non working reasons to germany on september
Old 04-27-2021, 08:27 PM
Audioguy
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter

What is your build completion date? I'm receiving mixed info on the EPA approval date, and delays related to ED and Covid.
Either way, I have a 6/25 build completion date, sounds like these cars will be sitting somewhere for months before we get our hands on them...
Old 04-27-2021, 08:32 PM
touringGT3
Racer

Received 268 Likes on 151 Posts

Thanks for the info @subshooter. The covid situation in Europe is not looking good, but also hoping ED opens up before it gets cold this year otherwise it will be a 2022 affair.

Also hoping to do ED and will have PEC-ATL as backup. Was scheduled to pick up my C2S at Stuttgart last year then covid happened so I cancelled and rescheduled everything for PEC delivery which eventually got cancelled as well. Maybe I'd be luckier this time around with a GT3.

Believe you've done ED a couple times already so please share your latest and greatest itinerary to us if you don't mind.

Last edited by touringGT3; 04-27-2021 at 08:33 PM. Reason: happened
Old 04-27-2021, 11:04 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 215 Posts

How are vaccines going in Europe?
Old 04-28-2021, 12:20 AM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,140 Posts
Default EPA and PEC

My build is slotted to arrive at port on 9/3.

What dates do others have. I expect some cars will be here in mid-August.

What cars will they use for EPA approval?

How to you schedule Europe delivery with a PEC-ATL backup??
Old 04-28-2021, 12:30 AM
touringGT3
Racer

Received 268 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by raymort
Not sure you could actually schedule an ED and have another method of delivery as a backup, but how I've done it was when my ED was likely not going to happen I asked the ED folks to switch me to PEC delivery. Then while my car was at Emden port I was told PEC deliveries also have been cancelled so I asked for a dealer delivery but it was too late to change it by then so my car had to go thru Jacksonville Port in FL and had to be re-routed to my dealer from there.
Old 04-28-2021, 12:43 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

If you really want to do ED, you should postpone your order until next year this time. Much better chance of being able to do it.
Old 04-28-2021, 03:25 AM
JoeGT3
Instructor

Received 127 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by gravedgr
not like in usa, spain has 1,9% of the population vacined ...
Old 04-28-2021, 05:38 AM
aeromax
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

EU might allow vaccinated US-citizens to travel to EU
article in Dutch: https://www.demorgen.be/nieuws/von-d....google.com%2F
Old 04-28-2021, 08:39 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Audioguy
What is your build completion date? I'm receiving mixed info on the EPA approval date, and delays related to ED and Covid.
Either way, I have a 6/25 build completion date, sounds like these cars will be sitting somewhere for months before we get our hands on them...
I also have a 6/25 build date date. My car is scheduled to be sitting at a port right now starting on 7/2. If I do ED it will be sitting in Leipzig or Zuffenhausen. I'd prefer that instead of sitting next to a salt water source. See this thread for my total build sequence. https://rennlist.com/forums/992-gt3-...y-992-gt3.html

My build is slotted to arrive at port on 9/3.

What dates do others have. I expect some cars will be here in mid-August.

What cars will they use for EPA approval?

You can't do it through a dealership since they don't have the options to do this. Email Joey at PCNA and he can do that for you. He manages ED and PEC deliveries. European.Delivery@porsche.us

Originally Posted by direkallan
Not sure you could actually schedule an ED and have another method of delivery as a backup, but how I've done it was when my ED was likely not going to happen I asked the ED folks to switch me to PEC delivery. Then while my car was at Emden port I was told PEC deliveries also have been cancelled so I asked for a dealer delivery but it was too late to change it by then so my car had to go thru Jacksonville Port in FL and had to be re-routed to my dealer from there.
I've already worked with PCNA to make PEC-ATL a backup - it's the same guy that schedules PEC and ED deliveries. Dealers just can't do this as there is no option in their system. Of course we have to commit early enough to one or the other. PCNA gave me a commitment date which I think was around June 1stfor my build completion date of June 25th.

Originally Posted by joejenie
If you really want to do ED, you should postpone your order until next year this time. Much better chance of being able to do it.
Not a chance. I really want my GT3 over ED. I've done two EDs and shifting my order might lose my allocation.....and that ain't happen'

Originally Posted by JoeGT3
not wanting to ruin your plans but we had a big peak of covid the last months, just after christmass, france closed the border and forced all their citizens to not travel outside by roads.
last summer happened a similar situation, just after vacations there was another covid wave.
i just expect the same thing as last year, we will have no restrictions on summer cause people need to breath and tourism industry needs to eat, but after august i honestly expect severe restrictions again

resuming : there is a high posibility you will not be able to travel for non working reasons to germany on september
Originally Posted by gravedgr
Originally Posted by aeromax
EU might allow vaccinated US-citizens to travel to EU
article in Dutch: https://www.demorgen.be/nieuws/von-d....google.com%2F
This is not last year so we can't make a comparison since vaccinations are rolling out significantly. Already, 23.4% of Germans have received at least one dose of the vaccine as of three days ago. US is at about 35%. As aeromaz stated above, EU is planning to lift travel restrictions. They wont revoke that in September since vaccines will be way up by then and probably reach heard immunity.

Originally Posted by direkallan
Thanks for the info @subshooter. The covid situation in Europe is not looking good, but also hoping ED opens up before it gets cold this year otherwise it will be a 2022 affair.

Also hoping to do ED and will have PEC-ATL as backup. Was scheduled to pick up my C2S at Stuttgart last year then covid happened so I cancelled and rescheduled everything for PEC delivery which eventually got cancelled as well. Maybe I'd be luckier this time around with a GT3.

Believe you've done ED a couple times already so please share your latest and greatest itinerary to us if you don't mind.
Will do! I'm trying to convince PCNA to do a group delivery in Leipzig. There are four of us scheduled that day. I've done a group delivery and it so much more fun and more social. I love meeting interesting people..

Last edited by subshooter; 04-28-2021 at 09:00 AM.
Old 04-28-2021, 09:29 AM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,140 Posts
Default I’d but up to consider a EU delivery!

I have a 6/25 build date. I’d be up for a EU delivery. I have a current ATL delivery set up for Sept.

I’ve been vaccinated.

What is your current delivery date in Germany?
Old 04-28-2021, 09:54 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

I have a 6/25 build date. I’d be up for a EU delivery. I have a current ATL delivery set up for Sept.

I’ve been vaccinated.

What is your current delivery date in Germany?
I've been vaccinated as well. I am scheduled for Sept 28th in Leipzig. Crossing my fingers that covid, chip shortages and EPA approval doesn't screw with my plans.

You may want to jump on your plans. There are no more Leipzig delivery dates available for September for a GT3. Some still available at Zuffenhausen. I also know that Germany requires winter tires and I am not sure when that date requirement commences? Do they even make winter tires that can be fitted on a GT3?

Last edited by subshooter; 04-28-2021 at 09:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Update on 2021 European Delivery Options