Sponsored by:

Another lightweight glass broken - quarter panel

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 03:36 AM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

Received 571 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by deoxford
I walked outside to day while cleaning the garage and talked up to the car and BAMM

I first I figured one of my kids , but looked on the cameras and nothing

I was relieved in sorts to find this thread …
at least it wasn’t something one of the kids or myself did .

Question … does warranty cover it ?

Walked out ..

Bamm

I was looking in the trees for the squirrel that threw something at it I was very confused

😯
mine were all covered by warranty.
Old 11-16-2022, 12:27 AM
johnr265
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Just to get the info in both threads, If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. First dealer refused warranty claim, PCNA said they were powerless to override it. Went to second dealership and in 5 minutes, they said it would be covered under warranty. Don't lose hope and don't accept no. Go elsewhere.
The following 2 users liked this post by johnr265:
Diablo Dude (11-16-2022), User 81423 (12-04-2022)
Old 12-03-2022, 02:08 PM
islandsnow
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

i heard these glass are very fragile, do not put your weight of your palm on these glass
Old 12-04-2022, 11:32 AM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by johnr265
Just to get the info in both threads, If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. First dealer refused warranty claim, PCNA said they were powerless to override it. Went to second dealership and in 5 minutes, they said it would be covered under warranty. Don't lose hope and don't accept no. Go elsewhere.
wise words
Old 12-04-2022, 11:55 AM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Mine was covered under warranty too.

FYI, it helps to have onboard video showing the crack developing…
Old 12-04-2022, 11:56 AM
raymort
Rennlist Member

BTW, cost to replace is $4400. Pretty much paid for my vbox.
Old 12-04-2022, 01:02 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,807 Likes on 2,169 Posts

Originally Posted by raymort
That is nuts. It should be 1/10th the cost.
Old 12-04-2022, 01:32 PM
FrostyAZ
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 51 Posts

One quarter panel is $4,400? That is crazy!

Regarding warranty coverage and one dealer denying and another approving warranty replacement, this is something that I think is a real issue and one that PCNA should address. I live in Tucson where we only have one dealer and they can’t fight there way out of a paper bag. My car has been there over a month and they refused to do warranty work claiming external factors. PCNA tried to convince them to do the repair as a warranty and they refused. Now the dealer I purchased from (Gaudin Porsche in Las Vegas) is going to pick the car up at Porsche of Tucson to do the warranty repair. They are 500 miles away. If a dealer is not willing to honor the PCNA warranty, they should be penalized and lose their franchise if it’s a repeated practice. As consumers, we should not have to dealer shop to get the warranty we are entitled to. I am waiting for my repair to be completed by Gaudin and then plan to file a complaint with PCNA about this as well as post a detailed overview of my situation on RL so others will hopefully avoid a similar issue and hopefully find an alternative servicing dealer since Porsche Tucson is absolutely worthless.

I would encourage anyone who had a warranty denial at one dealer and then approved by another to also open a case with PCNA and tell others on RL who the denying dealer was. As a community we should try to stick together and hold dealers accountable, especially the dishonest or incompetent dealers.
The following users liked this post:
usctrojanGT3 (12-04-2022)
Old 12-05-2022, 01:45 AM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by FrostyAZ

Regarding warranty coverage and one dealer denying and another approving warranty replacement, this is something that I think is a real issue and one that PCNA should address. I live in Tucson where we only have one dealer and they can’t fight there way out of a paper bag. My car has been there over a month and they refused to do warranty work claiming external factors. PCNA tried to convince them to do the repair as a warranty and they refused. Now the dealer I purchased from (Gaudin Porsche in Las Vegas) is going to pick the car up at Porsche of Tucson to do the warranty repair. They are 500 miles away. If a dealer is not willing to honor the PCNA warranty, they should be penalized and lose their franchise if it’s a repeated practice. As consumers, we should not have to dealer shop to get the warranty we are entitled to. I am waiting for my repair to be completed by Gaudin and then plan to file a complaint with PCNA about this as well as post a detailed overview of my situation on RL so others will hopefully avoid a similar issue and hopefully find an alternative servicing dealer since Porsche Tucson is absolutely worthless.

I would encourage anyone who had a warranty denial at one dealer and then approved by another to also open a case with PCNA and tell others on RL who the denying dealer was. As a community we should try to stick together and hold dealers accountable, especially the dishonest or incompetent dealers.
such a shame that a great car community like Scottsdale has such a terrible Porsche store. Its well documented they’re worst in nation with sales and service trust profile. But high in unit volume.
Old 12-05-2022, 02:52 AM
raymort
Rennlist Member

This is for the windshield. Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I think I started a thread about it and updated info here.
Old 12-05-2022, 02:53 AM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FrostyAZ

If PCNA approved the warranty work, it really doesn’t make sense that the local dealer refused to do the work. PCNA pays them the full repair rate.
The following 2 users liked this post by raymort:
Chris C. (12-06-2022), User 81423 (12-07-2022)
Old 12-12-2022, 12:58 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,183 Posts

If PCNA approved the warranty work, it really doesn’t make sense that the local dealer refused to do the work. PCNA pays them the full repair rate.
I believe that Porsche allocates a certain amount of "goodwill" per month.
This could be why one dealership is amicable to repairing broken glass with no problem whereas another dealer pushes back.

Old 12-12-2022, 02:56 PM
FrostyAZ
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 51 Posts

In my case the local dealer refused to submit as a warranty. They claimed “external factors”. My selling dealer and many others confirmed the issue I had (rusted hubs) is a known issue. My local dealer claimed my car must have been exposed to a flood. They stated that it likely was exposed to flood water in Germany or at the port because there is no way it could happen from washing. Selling dealer claimed that washing is how this problem occurs and they have seen it and warranted it before. From talking with several people at local dealer, sounds like the new service manager did not want to risk submitting as a warranty claim and have it get bounced back. I believe this is due to the inexperience of the new service manager but still extremely frustrating for me. I also believe PCNA should do a better job of making sure service managers get proper training. I plan to submit a more detailed overview of my unfortunate situation once it is completely resolved. The selling dealer drove over 500 miles to pick the car up last week and it should be ready this week. I have learned more about the Porsche warranty process and the role of dealer in approving/denying warranty claims then I ever really wanted to know. To sum this up for now, the dealer has a lot more say than most people realize. A good dealer with a knowledgeable service manager makes a huge difference. We will not be treated the same at every dealer as most of us would believe.
Diablo Dude (12-12-2022)
Old 12-12-2022, 03:07 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,557 Likes on 861 Posts

Its one thing to have to deal with this ordeal having paid the sums of money to acquire this car, its a completely different animal to have to deal with the dealer games. My experience with Porsche has been extremely positive, with literally 0 warranty claims/service visits in the last 3 years across 3 Porsches I have owned (1 being a GT3RS). Had I gone through this ordeal like some of you, particularly with negative outcomes (multiple glass replacements, warranty pushback, weeks of wait), I'd literally put the car in BAT and move to another brand. I have zero tolerance for this bull**** at this price point.

And I would come here and document everything so that others see the bad experience and hope eventually there'll be others like me which is how PAG will start taking notice and act on it. The fact that there is still no TSB on this glass issue after so many people having issues (my local dealer has had several replacements) tells me that the permanent solution to this problem isnt easy and PAG is taking "sweep it under the rug" approach. Nothing will change if the owners dont act on it and this glass issue will become too much to deal with come next year or the year after.
NYCGT3 (12-12-2022)
Old 12-12-2022, 07:33 PM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
Its one thing to have to deal with this ordeal having paid the sums of money to acquire this car, its a completely different animal to have to deal with the dealer games. My experience with Porsche has been extremely positive, with literally 0 warranty claims/service visits in the last 3 years across 3 Porsches I have owned (1 being a GT3RS). Had I gone through this ordeal like some of you, particularly with negative outcomes (multiple glass replacements, warranty pushback, weeks of wait), I'd literally put the car in BAT and move to another brand. I have zero tolerance for this bull**** at this price point.

And I would come here and document everything so that others see the bad experience and hope eventually there'll be others like me which is how PAG will start taking notice and act on it. The fact that there is still no TSB on this glass issue after so many people having issues (my local dealer has had several replacements) tells me that the permanent solution to this problem isnt easy and PAG is taking "sweep it under the rug" approach. Nothing will change if the owners dont act on it and this glass issue will become too much to deal with come next year or the year after.
seems like the blame for warranty denials is dealer level though. Like everything else going wrong with Porsche these days.

Quick Reply: Another lightweight glass broken - quarter panel