Old 01-08-2024, 11:39 AM
darylbowden
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
omg did you say the Valhalla is better looking than a Valkyrie? lol

vector w8 is awful.
apollo IE fails by trying too hard.
I'm still surprised people pay so much for LFA's which are just good sounding and not pretty, or light or fast.
xjr 15 is ugly
f50 is the worst looking ferrari hypercar/supercar. very awkward face.
T33 and t50 need bodykits or new front ends.
Senna definitely not pretty
cientodici in white is criminally bad
countach 2.0 yikes.
lambo egoista could be worst.
there are so many bad ones
Agree on all of these. People are blinded by value these days I think. The fact that an F50 costs more than an F40 is criminal. Obviously they are much more rare, but visually the F40 is just a far better designed car, it was the last of Enzo's influence and according to nearly everyone who's every driven both of them, the far better car to drive.

I think the T50 has some incredible engineering in it and the packaging of it is pretty incredible, but it's amazing to me that Gordon Murray could allow such a thing out of his design studio, given what we know he is capable of. Some Hypercars are meant to be brutal - Pagani Zonda for instance, and that is part of their charm. They can be great cars, but they aren't intended to be pretty. It's weird to me that the T50, which is clearly not trying to go the brutal, angular route (at least on the front end), could come out looking like a toenail clipper.
The following users liked this post:
dixonk (01-08-2024)
Old 01-08-2024, 11:50 AM
Justaroofer
Banned

Received 470 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by darylbowden
Agree on all of these. People are blinded by value these days I think. The fact that an F50 costs more than an F40 is criminal. Obviously they are much more rare, but visually the F40 is just a far better designed car, it was the last of Enzo's influence and according to nearly everyone who's every driven both of them, the far better car to drive.

I think the T50 has some incredible engineering in it and the packaging of it is pretty incredible, but it's amazing to me that Gordon Murray could allow such a thing out of his design studio, given what we know he is capable of. Some Hypercars are meant to be brutal - Pagani Zonda for instance, and that is part of their charm. They can be great cars, but they aren't intended to be pretty. It's weird to me that the T50, which is clearly not trying to go the brutal, angular route (at least on the front end), could come out looking like a toenail clipper.
Yeah, but the T50 by style is/was designed to be very similar to the F1 in style. Just missed the mark as a while. Even the F1 by mosts standards is blah in design, it just performs like a champion.
Old 01-08-2024, 12:20 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,984 Likes on 560 Posts

the front headlights on the T50 are reminiscent of the Toyota MR2

I really love the side profile and the fan concept and the interior touchpoints but the valkyrie looks more sensational/ space ship futuristic. The T50 might be overly nostalgic.

the 288 GTO, F40 and LaF all look better than the F50.

The CLK GTR visually looks weird to me also. The GT1 and McLaren F1 are much prettier.

I think it's important to have a lens of era when looking at these cars. A lot of stuff designed in the early 1990's is tastely overdone with weird lines and garish cartoony looks...like the movie The Mask.

the Acura NSX is much prettier and timeless than then the 348 it was released against. The 1995-1998 Supra with the wing is better looking that the entire catalog of american cars and most of italian cars as well.
Old 01-08-2024, 12:31 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 266 Likes on 142 Posts

I like McLaren styling, generally. Don't underestimate the role that Color/Decal choices play in whether you like it or not, as shown below: (I like both).

Old 01-08-2024, 12:41 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Received 470 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
the front headlights on the T50 are reminiscent of the Toyota MR2

I really love the side profile and the fan concept and the interior touchpoints but the valkyrie looks more sensational/ space ship futuristic. The T50 might be overly nostalgic.

the 288 GTO, F40 and LaF all look better than the F50.

The CLK GTR visually looks weird to me also. The GT1 and McLaren F1 are much prettier.

I think it's important to have a lens of era when looking at these cars. A lot of stuff designed in the early 1990's is tastely overdone with weird lines and garish cartoony looks...like the movie The Mask.

the Acura NSX is much prettier and timeless than then the 348 it was released against. The 1995-1998 Supra with the wing is better looking that the entire catalog of american cars and most of italian cars as well.
The MR2 seems to inspire alot lol.... between the MR2 and Cayman it can confuse many from a distance lol.

On the Supra front, very timeless design. The problem as in stock form it's just subpar as a car. 2JZ modified.... different story.
Old 01-08-2024, 12:42 PM
jp884
Rennlist Member

Received 394 Likes on 163 Posts

My wife rolled her eyes when I brought home the 991.1 RS in UV. She asked if I could delete the wing and wrap the car. Needless to say she never once sat in the car, not by my choice. When I was configuring the 992 RS on the computer you can imagine what she thought of the wing an aero. She absolutely loves the 993 tt. I guess she is just an old soul trapped in a 40 year old body.

Last edited by jp884; 01-08-2024 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-08-2024, 01:50 PM
Matt(inMA)
Not in MA anymore
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by jp884
My wife rolled her eyes when I brought home the 991.1 RS in UV. She asked if I could delete the wing and wrap the car. Needless to say she never once sat in the car, not by my choice..
By the sound of it things worked out perfectly
The following users liked this post:
dixonk (01-08-2024)
Old 01-08-2024, 02:58 PM
jp884
Rennlist Member

Received 394 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt(inMA)
By the sound of it things worked out perfectly
I agree
Old 01-08-2024, 07:40 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 266 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by av12345
+1000 to the lambo egoista being the worst! Haha
You're just jealous because you can't afford the first sticker ($117M), or maybe you can, so props. lol

Quick Reply: Ugly Supercars