Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Exhaust 992 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2023, 11:46 PM
porsche518
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by M-AlTerkait
Same here, I removed OPF and the car sounds perfect now for a daily/track car.
Any drone with the opf out, I am still thinking jcr rear with opf removed, not very worried about resale and someone asking about the opf since it isnt required in the US.
Old 04-27-2023, 12:46 AM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 2,720 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche518
Any drone with the opf out, I am still thinking jcr rear with opf removed, not very worried about resale and someone asking about the opf since it isnt required in the US.
No drone
Old 04-27-2023, 10:01 AM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Received 375 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS
The USA cars definitely have the OPF filters and they absolutely dull the sound. I removed the OPFs and installed the Cargraphic exhaust valve module and it is night and day different. Sounds incredible but still OEM+. I wanted my car louder than stock but not with an aftermarket tone. Nothing against aftermarket exhausts, just not what I wanted for this car.

With the OPF delete + exhaust valve module combo, the howl in the midrange between 4-5k rpm is back, and sounds like the glorious midrange of the 991 cars.

I really gotta do this. Just being lazy to remove the rear bumper lol. Watched many videos online and either the headers have to come off or remove the rear bumper/rear part of the exhaust and leave the headers bolted on. Prob the route I will take. Eventually 😁.
Old 04-27-2023, 01:06 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 711 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by gtmezger
I agree. I installed a great exhaust system from BC Fabs. Stock headers. Very mellow sound - no drone, but no volume at all. Plan B: Install Cargraphic controller (purchased from Germany - $525 shipped). Fabulous at cold start, nice sound, but still lacking in volume. Realistally you're facing ~ $12-13K to get the vintage 991 GT3 sound/volume . .😒
I suspect you need to drive more 5.5-9k rpm to get the car loud enough for your liking. Stock at wide open throttle is around 115-120 dB with valves open near redline from close up. A rear pipe gets you to around 120-125 8-9k rpm. Thats deafening loud outside the car.
I suspect you gotta drive it harder. If you want it to be very loud <5000 rpm (where yours probably lives) you have to add headers or opf delete, but be prepared to have your ears blown off near redline.
re: The opf delete, I have also done that on 2 separate gt3s and tried all the possible combinations. With the stock muffler opf delete is relatively loud but not as much as a rear pipe. It wasn't as loud or mellifluous as the BC rear (even with stock headers) or full Dundon Ti system. Not to mention the power and throttle response. The stock muffler is very restrictive.
Old 04-27-2023, 01:08 PM
M-AlTerkait
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Scottykenneth
I really gotta do this. Just being lazy to remove the rear bumper lol. Watched many videos online and either the headers have to come off or remove the rear bumper/rear part of the exhaust and leave the headers bolted on. Prob the route I will take. Eventually 😁.
My shop removed the headers only and the muffler and the exhaust flaps are in place.
they removed OPF surroundings to remove the whole OPF in one piece instead of tearing it apart like all youtubers.

Attached Files
The following 3 users liked this post by M-AlTerkait:
Alan C. (05-04-2023), Brian Himmelman (01-12-2024), porsche518 (04-27-2023)
Old 04-27-2023, 11:46 PM
Bubba Wibs
Racer

Received 248 Likes on 107 Posts

My shop removed the headers only and the muffler and the exhaust flaps are in place.
they removed OPF surroundings to remove the whole OPF in one piece instead of tearing it apart like all youtubers.

Could the OPF be reinstalled and work as originally intended? Appreciate your feedback!
Old 04-28-2023, 12:05 AM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Received 375 Likes on 195 Posts

Oh ok , when I get around to it Ill look at both options. It’s amazing how thick that **** is. The car thanks you for letting it breathe better lol.
Old 04-28-2023, 11:48 PM
PLYR007
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche518
OPF out with no drone. Slightly louder with more tone. Replacement isn’t that bad, figure 5k for new headers. Valve controller or coding the valves while you’re down there helps a lot. Same boat as you. Still thinking about adding a JCR valved rear section..

Last edited by PLYR007; 04-28-2023 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Misspelling
The following users liked this post:
Ukkid74 (04-29-2023)
Old 05-01-2023, 04:04 PM
hyperion
Advanced

Received 60 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheSince2013
I have full Dundon Ti Loud exhaust with the Ti extra loud inserts and the Cargraphic controller.

It is one of the best sounding cars now. Totally insane. Throughout the entire rev range and even when not pressing the accelerator. It's all giggles and smiles now.

It is supposed to be a notch below the minicrack in sound level. Yes, it does drone, but I don't mind. On the track it was glorious.

I feel very connected with the car and engine now.
I am considering this setup for my 992. Can you comment on how loud the setup is in full quiet mode (valves fully closed with Cargraphic) in comparison to the stock exhaust? How quiet does it go (or not go)?

-hyp
Old 05-01-2023, 04:25 PM
michaeldorian
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 285 Posts

Anyone one in SoCal have a reputable shop that will remove the OPF they would recommend?
Old 05-01-2023, 05:36 PM
PorscheSince2013
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by hyperion
I am considering this setup for my 992. Can you comment on how loud the setup is in full quiet mode (valves fully closed with Cargraphic) in comparison to the stock exhaust? How quiet does it go (or not go)?

-hyp
The difference between standard vs. open valves is quite dramatic. I've not really felt the need to drive it with standard valve setting, but could see doing so for longer drives and commutes.

I no longer remember the precise sound before the exhaust, but I suspect it would be minimally louder and a little deeper.

Obviously, I would no longer opt to install the Ti muffler without the inserts. Or I would just see if they can build the center with the inserts included.
Old 05-02-2023, 10:13 AM
hyperion
Advanced

Received 60 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheSince2013
The difference between standard vs. open valves is quite dramatic. I've not really felt the need to drive it with standard valve setting, but could see doing so for longer drives and commutes.

I no longer remember the precise sound before the exhaust, but I suspect it would be minimally louder and a little deeper.

Obviously, I would no longer opt to install the Ti muffler without the inserts. Or I would just see if they can build the center with the inserts included.
Could you explain what the inserts do? Where are they located and how do they work? -hyp
Old 05-03-2023, 11:05 AM
PorscheSince2013
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 146 Posts

My understanding the that the calibration between quiet, loud, and the loud inserts is the amount of communication between the valves open vs vales closed pathways within the center section. I believe the inserts essentially isolate the 2 paths in the center.
Old 05-04-2023, 09:32 AM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

Now that is a much better way of doing it vs chiseling it out.
Old 05-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Sunshine GT3
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Dundon Exhaust (headers and Crack Pipe)

Hello everyone! I just purchased a 2022 GT3 and I'm excited to get it on our local track. Barber Motorsport. I'm still breaking it in.

My first choice, I'm definitely going to change the whole exhaust system. After lots of research I have decided on the Dundon exhaust system (headers and crack pipe). Would anyone be interested in a group buy? Please let me know.

My second choice, the IPE full exhaust system including headers.

What is your choice on the above two and why??

The following users liked this post:
Alan C. (06-20-2023)

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Exhaust 992 GT3