Sponsored by:

RS configurator allowing PTS without Weissach

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2023, 07:43 AM
Justaroofer
Banned

Received 470 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
From my discussions with Porsche reps, there are no “PTS allocations”, and rather PTS is first come first serve in the date order of initial request of the OTS option and they fill up with a max number of slots each month. You supposedly can edit the build manually but do not reload the paint option or remove the PTS code or it will lose the queue spot. Sometimes PTS windows for a given model are closed but that just limits the number of slots available.

Edit: there also has to be sufficient time between your build month and when the PTS capacity is available (e.g. if your build month is July but first available PTS capacity is August then your request will be rejected).
PTS allocations 100% exist lol. Whoever said otherwise is on crack.
Old 06-29-2023, 08:17 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 966 Likes on 429 Posts

It’s a glitch. I submitted a PTS build code without WP per the configurator and it was accepted. Porsche however eventually added WP to my build. My build was a stripper build with PTS and 3 other options: leather, lift and larger tank, it mimicked my original Python order from last year. But when WP was added I cancelled the build and went back to white. $53k for green paint is ridiculous for a car that will live on track.
The following users liked this post:
very green R (07-01-2023)
Old 06-29-2023, 11:47 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 608 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
PTS allocations 100% exist lol. Whoever said otherwise is on crack.
There may be allocations that have requested and been accepted for PTS per my post (e.g. dealer quickly specs PTS on the allocation to get it in the request queue), but there are no special allocations that are pre-designated as available for PTS beyond having a build date far enough in the future.
Old 07-01-2023, 02:30 PM
markfedco
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would love to have PTS with just the frunk painted while keeping the roof exposed carbon.. Is this an option?? I will also ask my dealer about that.
I'm also not sure Weissach is worth it for me (only option I really cared for was the magnetic shifter paddles which are now available through suncoast for $1k) but only checking the box for easier re-sale..
Old 07-01-2023, 04:37 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm told No More PTS spots available for my MY '24.
Old 07-04-2023, 07:02 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
It’s a glitch. I submitted a PTS build code without WP per the configurator and it was accepted. Porsche however eventually added WP to my build. My build was a stripper build with PTS and 3 other options: leather, lift and larger tank, it mimicked my original Python order from last year. But when WP was added I cancelled the build and went back to white. $53k for green paint is ridiculous for a car that will live on track.

its not a glitch. I'm v200 with PTS and no weissach pack. confirmed by PCNA.
Old 07-04-2023, 07:16 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by daffyduck
so now that i've come to learn more about the PTS process, i can't help but be a little disappointed with my dealer. i've been submitting configurations since early January when i got the call about the allocation. each time he told me the config was not accepted in the system with PTS (i later found out that he equated v110 status to not being accepted, when in reality, i believe it's just in a queue to be submit for approval by PCNA). this is disheartening since i changed my spec to one of the bleh factory colors (Python isn't even available anymore), and i'm paying a hefty ADM for this. feel like dealers should be better educated on this process instead of us having to scour the internet for answers.
what is the build month of your car?
Old 07-04-2023, 07:38 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1,010 Likes on 562 Posts

Originally Posted by daffyduck
so now that i've come to learn more about the PTS process, i can't help but be a little disappointed with my dealer. i've been submitting configurations since early January when i got the call about the allocation. each time he told me the config was not accepted in the system with PTS (i later found out that he equated v110 status to not being accepted, when in reality, i believe it's just in a queue to be submit for approval by PCNA). this is disheartening since i changed my spec to one of the bleh factory colors (Python isn't even available anymore), and i'm paying a hefty ADM for this. feel like dealers should be better educated on this process instead of us having to scour the internet for answers.
Quota for PTS builds for 992 GT3 will be around 15%. I think that’s a lot of cars, unless your dealer did not get a buildable PTS spot.

So take that and apply it to how many cars your dealer got as an average. 10 cars, about 2 PTS are available.

Quick Reply: RS configurator allowing PTS without Weissach