Sponsored by:

RS configurator allowing PTS without Weissach

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2023, 02:56 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RS configurator allowing PTS without Weissach

I noticed the configurator now allows PTS without Weissach being added. Is that just a glitch? It also won't allow adding the lightweight forged wheels then without adding the Weissach pack so there is some new logic here.
Im probably in very small group that wants PTS but not interested in the $30k bump for weissach in the US. no cage. don't care for mag wheels. don't like the carbon fiber on the frunk or roof or mirrors and cxx is crazy expensive to paint them back!

Old 05-09-2023, 04:11 PM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

Received 571 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by carrering
I noticed the configurator now allows PTS without Weissach being added. Is that just a glitch? It also won't allow adding the lightweight forged wheels then without adding the Weissach pack so there is some new logic here.
Im probably in very small group that wants PTS but not interested in the $30k bump for weissach in the US. no cage. don't care for mag wheels. don't like the carbon fiber on the frunk or roof or mirrors and cxx is crazy expensive to paint them back!
I’m not able to replicate this
Old 05-09-2023, 10:31 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm interested, but 3RS configure is down?
Old 05-10-2023, 12:25 AM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 165 Posts

It's a bit frustrating.
Early on, you could build an RS w/out Weissach (my initial order demand went in that way). Then, when my actual allocation came, my order demand build is denied.

I've not experienced the configurator allowing PTS without Weissach, but have not tried yesterday or today.
Around the same time of price increases /MY24 allocations & PTS becoming available, the configurator bundles PTS/Weissach.

Honestly, i don't mind Weissach but hate that the configurator doesn't allow PTS and the (new) option to maintain painted hood/roof.
Why?? Oh ya, i think i know the answer...

Old 05-10-2023, 02:31 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Agree, don't understand why they make WP mandatory for PTS and then charge us to change the frunk/roof back to the color we chose! Absolutely stupid policy.
Obviously something is changing since it's down. hoping there is an update and it's not mandatory. Could be supply issue? just speculating. Dealer is in the dark as usual.

I submitted my order with PTS and no WP. will see what happens.

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
It's a bit frustrating.
Early on, you could build an RS w/out Weissach (my initial order demand went in that way). Then, when my actual allocation came, my order demand build is denied.

I've not experienced the configurator allowing PTS without Weissach, but have not tried yesterday or today.
Around the same time of price increases /MY24 allocations & PTS becoming available, the configurator bundles PTS/Weissach.

Honestly, i don't mind Weissach but hate that the configurator doesn't allow PTS and the (new) option to maintain painted hood/roof.
Why?? Oh ya, i think i know the answer...
Old 05-11-2023, 01:09 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Configurator is working again. can still select a PTS color and it doesn't enforce WP. Can't change wheel to lightweight aluminum or colors. if you do it either changes color to racing yellow or makes WP mandatory so there is logic in there built in that wasn't previously.
Old 05-11-2023, 03:44 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Unfortunately, the configurator allows it under some configurations, but the minute you change wheels/colors or extended leather, it requires Weissach.

For giggles, i had my Sales Advisor submit a PTS but no Weissach build w/ my existing allocation, and it is NOT allowed no matter what the configurator shows.
FWIW, I did request my SA contact PCNA to request my build/allocation have painted hood/roof w/ PTS. We'll see what they say...
The following users liked this post:
carrering (05-11-2023)
Old 05-11-2023, 09:57 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Porsche is working on fixing the glitch in the system. PTS requires WP. But can request a PTS painted hood but NOT the roof.
The following 2 users liked this post by GTEE3:
carrering (05-11-2023), markfedco (07-01-2023)
Old 05-11-2023, 10:34 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GTEE3
Porsche is working on fixing the glitch in the system. PTS requires WP. But can request a PTS painted hood but NOT the roof.
Similar to what i found out today but didn't realize it's only the hood that can be painted on PTS (not roof).
Still, i'll take it....and trying to adjust my order.

Get this....evidently, the PCNA rep stated there will be a cost associated with it.
Also, not available now....but will later this year.
Old 05-11-2023, 10:52 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

??
Old 05-11-2023, 10:53 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Sorry, misprint. I'm glad it will work for you!
Old 05-12-2023, 03:00 AM
Leo_g
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by carrering
Agree, don't understand why they make WP mandatory for PTS and then charge us to change the frunk/roof back to the color we chose! Absolutely stupid policy.
You really don’t know? It’s obvious. They know that PTS is extremely popular so that’s an easy way to make 40k extra cash.
Old 05-12-2023, 06:26 AM
Andy81
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Weissach or no Weissach?

Hi Rennlisters and 992 GT3 RS owners/people with allocations,

I am curious to hear your view on whether the Weissach package is worth it, why or why not, in your opinion.

I am on the list for a car and looking at a few different configurations.
Old 05-13-2023, 02:55 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

I don't think its worth it because I don't like the exposed carbon fiber look, don't care for magnesium wheels (the lightweight forged aluminum ones look better) don't get the cage anyways in the US, cf door handles are cool but not 30k cool, and same for magnetic paddles (seems there is aftermarket solution for $28500 cheaper).
Had the magnesium wheels been separate item maybe would have gone for it.

as this thread is about being forced to get it with PTS I have to order it. now seeing if I can change the frunk back to paint color.

Originally Posted by Andy81

I am curious to hear your view on whether the Weissach package is worth it, why or why not, in your opinion.

The following users liked this post:
JCBH (06-30-2023)
Old 05-13-2023, 03:16 PM
Leo_g
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy81

Adding to what @carrering stated, it depends on what you're looking for. Technically it comes with lighter wheels which means that it reduces the unsprung weight of the car. But if you go with steel brakes (which most of track guys do, due to its lower cost of maintenance wrt PCCB) then that heavy weight of steel brakes will compensate the weight reduction in wheels. So on paper it's worth to get PCCB + regular wheels than steel brakes + magnesium wheels. But consider that if you're a track guy then in the long run that cost would go the other way. I personally ordered that as it was a lifetime opportunity for me to get an allocation. If you want to sell the car, the demand for Weissach package is (much) higher than non Weissach one. Also you're not gonna loose that money that you're investing now, you'll get it back when you sell the car.

Quick Reply: RS configurator allowing PTS without Weissach