SC > Touring?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2023, 03:32 PM
Ryan M Hartman
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
Tell me why you love it so much
It's an absolute joy to drive. The turbo with a manual makes this car feel analogue - yet it has so much digital integrated around the power train. For the type of driving and touring my wife and I enjoy, this car excels.

The fit and finish is pleasing and comfortable for long trips. Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur did an excellent job in bringing the heritage of Porsche into this car. For us, it fits perfectly into our lifestyle.

We'll try to get a ST as well...as I want a GT car and I like the idea of it being a Heritage Design car. If we're fortunate enough to get one, we'll enjoy it on the track.

Last edited by Ryan M Hartman; 05-25-2023 at 03:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
GrantG (05-25-2023)
Old 05-29-2023, 07:47 AM
Dorian C
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 73 Posts

SC for sure as it will always be a classic. It is also limited. There will be 992.2 Touring soon. Historically, .2 > .1
Old 05-29-2023, 09:26 AM
porschemeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BusDriver
So far, 8k miles on my Touring and 2k on my Sport Classic.

Both good cars,
Ironically, the Touring is a much better sports car than the Sport Classic.
Also ironically, the SC is a much better touring car than the Touring.
Porsche is hilarious 😆

My views on the 2 cars -
https://rennlist.com/forums/992-gt3-...pressions.html
Totally agree
Old 05-29-2023, 10:02 AM
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Received 687 Likes on 324 Posts

Took delivery of my SC this weekend. I fully understand the positive feedback given by other owners and why some would prefer it over a GT3 (myself included). It checks a lot of boxes. That said, the dogleg into 7th gear feels weird to me.
The following 3 users liked this post by Scrappy1972:
AlexCeres (05-29-2023), cadster (06-02-2023), Ryan M Hartman (05-30-2023)
Old 05-29-2023, 02:49 PM
PantsFire
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by darylbowden
Which is odd because as someone who has spent a lot of time in the UK, and most of it outside of London and other major cities, I've yet to run into truly horrifyingly bad roads. I mean you compare those roads to Dallas or Los Angeles and they are far better in my experience. Some of the more rural areas can have very tight roads because of when they were built but I've never found the condition to be all that lacking.

And I also don't find the 992 GT3 to be horrifyingly stiff either. It's stiffer than the 991.2, but with the right tires and pressures, it feels maybe 5% stiffer? It's not something that would ever stop me from driving it, even on a road trip (although it also wouldn't be my first choice for a road trip unless it's through some fun roads).
The problem is not that the roads are terrible, the problem is how much the worse they're getting over time. Local councils are responsible for repairing their roads, and they're all running out of money as other costs spiral so they're spending the bare minimum, the road to my house has pot holes that'd eat you if you're not careful
Old 05-29-2023, 08:33 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Scrappy1972
Took delivery of my SC this weekend. I fully understand the positive feedback given by other owners and why some would prefer it over a GT3 (myself included). It checks a lot of boxes. That said, the dogleg into 7th gear feels weird to me.
The dogleg into 7th gear is a little weird, but it becomes second nature. Sort of like reverse lockout (or first gear lockout if you’ve ever driven an early 911). I had a 991.1 GTS manual…I think same gearbox and certainly same pattern. What I found annoying again when driving my SC in Europe, and I remembered this from the first few thousand miles in my GTS, is that I found myself having to be very deliberate about 3rd vs. 5th. I eventually got used to it in my GTS, and mostly drove it like a 6-speed, but had to build muscle memory for 3rd & 5th to be second nature.
The following users liked this post:
Ryan M Hartman (05-30-2023)

Quick Reply: SC > Touring?