Huge congrats. Enjoy.
The following users liked this post:
TRAKCAR (12-30-2023)
Old 12-30-2023, 07:59 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,588 Likes on 736 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Congrats! I'm driving mine daily to get the miles, or as we call them kilometres, before the track opens.

Regarding set up, I find this cheat sheet is pretty good: https://driver61.com/wp-content/uplo...p-Guide-V1.pdf

It's for a racing sim, but it's by a real-deal racer and is accurate for real cars :-). I've seen a better one with diff settings too but cannot find it now. The RS bump and rebound adjustments are for slow bump and rebound. It seems to impact fast as well, but the more noticeable and important impact is on the slow. It's similar to adjusting roll bars, but the effect is different on corner entry and corner exit. I use the following decision tree:

if it understeers or oversteers everywhere, it's roll bars and/or rake
if the behavior switches through corner (e.g., loose on entry but understeer on exit) it's dampers or diff.
If the change in handling is more connected to weight transfer, it's dampers, and if it's triggered by brake-throttle transition it's diff.

Regarding the diff, more lock gives more understeer (but snappier oversteer if pushed to rotate), less lock gives more oversteer and smoother rotation; coast - on brakes or coasting, power - on power. So for example, for a track with slow corners, I'd go with more open coast and more lock on power - this gives smooth and eager rotation on entry but stabilizes and puts the power on exit. For high-speed sweepers, it's usually the other way around - more lock on coast and more open on power - because you don't want the car to rotate when you breathe the throttle in a sweeper and don't want it to plow when you unload front tires with power. Also, a lot is personal preference. I'm biased more towards loose on brakes and buttoned down on power, because rotation on brakes is free (on power it scrubs some speed) and it does not trigger traction control if it's on.

I think exploring it will be part of the fun. On my Radical, it's all adjustable too (except the diff), but it's a pain - going into the pits and taking bodywork off. Turning dials on the steering wheel in real time is so much better.
Thanks Max, I’m not really a fast driver, I instead used to spend weekends with chassis engineers and coaches hehe.
This car is leveling the playing field, after so little practice the last 4 years, I feel like signing up in the intermediate groups LOL. Thanks for your notes, I’ll have them handy :-)

Maybe you can make it to Florida again, we can compare notes :-)Stephen is flying in…
MaxLTV (12-30-2023)
Old 12-30-2023, 08:04 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
I'm looking forward to sebring videos
I’m sure that won’t yield anything impressive for quite a while
Old 12-30-2023, 11:01 AM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 717 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I’m sure that won’t yield anything impressive for quite a while
Rightttt You going to Chin open track Jan 26???

Peter
TRAKCAR (12-31-2023)
Old 12-30-2023, 03:28 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

17th PBOC maybe 26th..
85Gold (12-30-2023)
Old 12-30-2023, 10:25 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 571 Posts

Thanks Max, I’m not really a fast driver, I instead used to spend weekends with chassis engineers and coaches hehe.
This car is leveling the playing field, after so little practice the last 4 years, I feel like signing up in the intermediate groups LOL. Thanks for your notes, I’ll have them handy :-)

Maybe you can make it to Florida again, we can compare notes :-)Stephen is flying in…
Hahaha. Come on, I know you are very fast. A short break won't change that. I can't fly in for the next few months but there is a chance I may do some testing or even drop in races in late '24 at Sebring or Daytona. Hard to make plans now, unfortunately.

I spent the entire last season trying to fix the suspension and aero setup of my new race car. It arrived setup 4-5 seconds slower than the pace on a 2-minute lap. Those Brits are persistent about making each car bespoke, as in no two cars have the same geometry... After dicking around with it for several months with 3 different pros, it's still about a second off pace. I had nightmares about damper and rake adjustments, but at least learned some stuff in the process.

How do you like the sound? For me it's the only part I'm not loving so far. But it's easily fixed.
Old 12-30-2023, 11:07 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Hey Peter, Congratulations, you deserve this car!
Drive in good health, Phil
TRAKCAR (12-31-2023)
Old 12-31-2023, 12:21 AM
dieselino
Rennlist Member

Received 243 Likes on 104 Posts

I wouldnt call this poverty spec, its super clean and timeless. Love it
The following 2 users liked this post by dieselino:
catdog2 (12-31-2023), TRAKCAR (12-31-2023)
Old 12-31-2023, 10:37 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Hahaha. Come on, I know you are very fast. A short break won't change that. I can't fly in for the next few months but there is a chance I may do some testing or even drop in races in late '24 at Sebring or Daytona. Hard to make plans now, unfortunately.

I spent the entire last season trying to fix the suspension and aero setup of my new race car. It arrived setup 4-5 seconds slower than the pace on a 2-minute lap. Those Brits are persistent about making each car bespoke, as in no two cars have the same geometry... After dicking around with it for several months with 3 different pros, it's still about a second off pace. I had nightmares about damper and rake adjustments, but at least learned some stuff in the process.

How do you like the sound? For me it's the only part I'm not loving so far. But it's easily fixed.
Short hiatus was 4 years, but I look forward to build up again, need a new challenge at Sebring :-)
Hopefully you track your RS so you can share notes with me ;-) after your year of setup immersion

It sounds perfect to me compared to retarded GT4RS sounds LOL, but < 100 miles so haven’t revved it.
Old 12-31-2023, 03:15 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 205 Posts

Congrats Peter! Car looks great! White is fast. Let us know your thoughts on track. One day I will get back on track again, but in Europe now. Enjoy the car in the new year!
Old 12-31-2023, 03:36 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 608 Likes on 372 Posts

Poverty spec is the way to go! It’s a track car. 👍
Nur93 (01-06-2024)
Old 12-31-2023, 03:55 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 636 Likes on 346 Posts

If YOU aren’t a fast driver, who really is? Congrats on the new RS. I’ll get my point by hand ready for ya at Sebring.
Old 12-31-2023, 06:00 PM
armbar
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Badass!!
Old 12-31-2023, 06:01 PM
Pro

Received 166 Likes on 86 Posts

Gorgeous car, enjoy in the best of health 👍

Quick Reply: Love this thing!