Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Who is ordering one?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 01:38 PM
jmc5287
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put my deposit down for a Sept allocation that the dealership has swapped for a December PTS spot. Ordered a Turbo S Cab. Dealership reported I should expect my car in Feb/March but I'm not holding my breath.
Jim
----------------------------------
2021 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cab in PTS Signal Green (Dec 2020 Build)
2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4 in Arancio Borealis
2012 Mercedes SLS AMG in Alubeam
2011 Ferrari 458 Italia in Silverstone
2006 Spyker C8 Spyder in Champion Silver
2005 Ford GT in Four option MKII
2002 Porsche 911 Turbo in Silver
Old 06-02-2020, 07:36 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

I hadn't heard from my Porsche sales guy in a while - it turns out he had been furloughed due to the coronavirus lock down! That sucks. Thankfully he's back at work now - and I just learned that my order is already locked:
"Vehicle Status: V215 Blocked by PAG - not changeable."
My PTS build slot isn't until September and I was half-expecting to tweak and tweak and tweak the spec until the very last moment. This is the first time I've ordered PTS, so maybe they lock them down sooner? Or maybe things are different because of the current circumstances. Fortunately, I'm quite happy with the most recent set of options I selected before the lock down... but I was really going back and forth on stuff like CF side mirrors... Oh well.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:26 PM
paxton
Rennlist Member

Received 346 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by digits
I hadn't heard from my Porsche sales guy in a while - it turns out he had been furloughed due to the coronavirus lock down! That sucks. Thankfully he's back at work now - and I just learned that my order is already locked:
"Vehicle Status: V215 Blocked by PAG - not changeable."
My PTS build slot isn't until September and I was half-expecting to tweak and tweak and tweak the spec until the very last moment. This is the first time I've ordered PTS, so maybe they lock them down sooner? Or maybe things are different because of the current circumstances. Fortunately, I'm quite happy with the most recent set of options I selected before the lock down... but I was really going back and forth on stuff like CF side mirrors... Oh well.
Let's see your spec. Going through Porsche Bellevue I'm assuming? I'm waiting for the "regular" Turbo to come out. I pre-traded my GT3 Touring, I feel it's going to be a long wait.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:53 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by paxton
Let's see your spec. Going through Porsche Bellevue I'm assuming? I'm waiting for the "regular" Turbo to come out. I pre-traded my GT3 Touring, I feel it's going to be a long wait.
Yes, Porsche Bellevue - the schedule is showing production in September and arrival at dealership in early December. Here's my (locked) build, PTS color is Forest Green Metallic.

The following 4 users liked this post by digits:
AlexCeres (06-05-2020), Garydose (06-09-2020), kamlung (06-17-2020), Porschejam (08-25-2020)
Old 06-03-2020, 03:13 AM
paxton
Rennlist Member

Great color choice and config!

Originally Posted by digits
Yes, Porsche Bellevue - the schedule is showing production in September and arrival at dealership in early December. Here's my (locked) build, PTS color is Forest Green Metallic.

Old 06-03-2020, 07:03 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 383 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by paxton
interesting you traded your Touring. I would like a Turbo S and feel it would be a more practical/ useable alternative For me ..but every time I think through the day I would be handing the GT3 T over to the dealer - I can’t do it....and I can’t afford both.... so (for now) build my car on the configurator and continue to defer the decision ....and is it just me but has TTS has really gotten expensive.???..I mean..really expensive......anyway we’ll see. I know the TTS is the car I would put 7500km a year on vs the 2k a year now I put on my GT3 but those 2k are special miles every time I am in those light weight buckets..
Old 06-03-2020, 11:39 PM
triplekg
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 33 Posts

giving deposit tomorrow - I never loved my 2018 Turbo.
Wanted a Cab, didn't like the exhaust and wasn't crazy about the wheels.

The Turbo s cab fixes all of that

Now the agonizing over colours and options starts all over again

Old 06-04-2020, 12:32 AM
paxton
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Overdraft
interesting you traded your Touring. I would like a Turbo S and feel it would be a more practical/ useable alternative For me ..but every time I think through the day I would be handing the GT3 T over to the dealer - I can’t do it....and I can’t afford both.... so (for now) build my car on the configurator and continue to defer the decision ....and is it just me but has TTS has really gotten expensive.???..I mean..really expensive......anyway we’ll see. I know the TTS is the car I would put 7500km a year on vs the 2k a year now I put on my GT3 but those 2k are special miles every time I am in those light weight buckets..
Same dilemma here, I loved my GT3 Touring but was barely driving it and wanted something more usable. Now if they would only release the non "S" Turbos, I'd be in a better place ;-)
Old 06-05-2020, 10:07 AM
997usa
Burning Brakes

Received 529 Likes on 270 Posts

Interesting you removed 'Turbo S', and 'Quilting'; I think that actually makes the interior stand out compared to most other 911's out there right now (yes, you can order it on the non-Turbo S too).
Old 06-05-2020, 10:38 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 547 Posts

Originally Posted by Overdraft
I was on a search for a GT3 in 2018 and literally at the last minute bought a TT. Modded it for a little more noise and more power. Reason i made the 180 is that i reckoned the Gt3 was a little more "thrilling" with NA and the sound, handling etc. But it really limited my day to day use (it would be a semi-garage queen) and i felt the TT was 98% as fun but could be used literally all the time every day. The Burm, the jeckyll and hyde nature (very tame pottering around town but with Kline it can be loud when in sport driving /mode) its a go anywhere car - except to sketchy areas. Arguably there are some parts of the TT that are more fun like the absolute power and speed . 18 months later - very happy still. It aint going anywhere. But i will end up with a GT3 manual or 718 Spyder in addition. I think Gt3 / TTS are a perfect Porsche pair.
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (06-05-2020)
Old 06-05-2020, 04:41 PM
triplekg
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 33 Posts

MY DEPOSIT IS IN!!!!

now to agonize over options and colours!

Old 06-05-2020, 06:45 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 997usa
Interesting you removed 'Turbo S', and 'Quilting'; I think that actually makes the interior stand out compared to most other 911's out there right now (yes, you can order it on the non-Turbo S too).
I tend to remove all the badging (interior and exterior) for a simpler look- and no one needs to know what model I've got

Removing the quilting is required when you select the checkered Sport-Tex seat centers, and I'm looking forward to those... it's supposed to look something like this:

The following users liked this post:
BND (06-11-2020)
Old 06-05-2020, 07:08 PM
997usa
Burning Brakes

Received 529 Likes on 270 Posts

Sure, that is correct - I didn't realize you had tex.... I would have loved tex, IF it had kept the quilting on the doors.. I too, removed the rear badging.
Old 06-11-2020, 12:08 AM
emkae
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by reacher
I'm supposedly first on the list, just waiting for an allocation. My question for those who are also waiting to order one is whether there are any discounts or incentives being had in these crazy times? Porsche sales seem to be way down, so I don't want to pay more than I have to if there is a chance to make a better deal.
I am placing my order for a TTS in PTS. That will delay the delivery considerably. Perhaps end of the year if I am lucky.
Old 06-15-2020, 02:20 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm still looking to order one. If any dealers reading this have an allocation available, please DM me. The 2 dealerships I've bought my last 7 Porsche's from over the last 8 years or so haven't been much help.

-mike

Quick Reply: Who is ordering one?