Notices
992 Turbo and Turbo S 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

2022 Turbo S - how much over msrp have you heard?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2022, 10:55 AM
J Crew
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Question 2022 Turbo S - how much over msrp have you heard?

Hello everyone, I've read through post for years but finally joined as I'm on the hunt to become a first time Porsche 911 owner. I have the opportunity to purchase a new 2022 Porsche Turbo S but was told I would need to pay a premium over msrp. Arrival is set for early Sept to the dealership. I know alot of you have not paid anything over, but that won't be a reality for me. What have you all heard some Turbo S have gone for over retail, if anything? Thanks for any insight and input on this.

Popular Reply

07-12-2022, 11:32 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 435 Posts

Yes, just pay over for one. It's only money. Basically, unless you are VERY VERY close with your dealer and they pretty much love you too, you're not going to get one for MSRP. Live for today. I was lucky to get mine for 1 1/2 % under MSRP but those days are gone. Once you start driving your car, you'll realize you did the right thing. Don't die with much money in the bank, spend it now (is my motto).

I pretty much ONLY drive my 911 now, not the Mercedes S63. It's addictive and wonderful and special and beautiful and ... everything you heard about them. And I don't really drive super fast or crazy, I drive it like a regular family car and that's fine with me. Safety is #1.

Old 07-12-2022, 10:59 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 753 Likes on 474 Posts

Welcome, about to ordsr a 23', have ordered a 21' and 22', never paid over sticker, and if fact got some off each of the first two, but I buy a lot of cars. I would never and have never paid over sticker price for a car, but maybe that's just me. I would look for another dealership, maybe east coast
Old 07-12-2022, 11:06 AM
J Crew
Advanced

Originally Posted by hcvone
Welcome, about to ordsr a 23', have ordered a 21' and 22', never paid over sticker, and if fact got some off each of the first two, but I buy a lot of cars. I would never and have never paid over sticker price for a car, but maybe that's just me. I would look for another dealership, maybe east coast
Yes, it's a west coast dealer that I'm working with. I've been on a list for over a year, and the closest dealership to me only gets maybe two of these per year. This opportunity opened up after many, many discussions with many dealerships haha. I have never paid for any car over retail, but I know this is different, as there is very limited supply on the Turbo S. With this said, I'm open to paying over retail to enjoy the car now and not 5 years from now. Perhaps any penny over is too much, but I wanted to check here with you all and see. Thanks again for the help!
The following users liked this post:
crazyrob (08-24-2022)
Old 07-12-2022, 11:15 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 456 Posts

If you want one and you want one soon vs 2 years if you happen to find a dealer who will put you at the end of a long list at sticker (which by the way...will be going into the .2 hybrid generation if thats.a plus or minus for you, to each their own) and don't have any sort of relationship, one will overwhelmingly more so than not be at over-sticker...dont get why people who come and comment they wont pay for something at sticker in a thread like this when they've spent millions over years to get there. Its often the same money or less anyways in actual spend (ugh, dont even want to think about this for personal reasons lol). It seems 25-35k is a solid deal, with quite a few people still paying 50k over for a tts build. If building something to YOUR spec is important...thats pretty much your only option and just do it and have fun with the car, the 992TTS is simply an incredible car. IF you dont need one exactly to spec, Im sure a few cars with a bunch over in asking on the preowned market will loosen up over the next few months pending the markets etc etc and there's a shot you could get lucky on an offer on one. For me...I think the 23tts is kind of cool/special...its effectively the last non hybrid unit Turbo...ever. You'll always be able to trade your 23 in for the new unit, but you wont be able to spec the last non hybrid turbo porsche ever in the future. FWIW, Ive had 2, and have my 3rd 992 TTS incoming as the same September allocation and Im super pumped for it as it seems like you can order ALL of the goodies a of now (sport package, PTS etc etc) in that build slot so its a great one timing wise!

Last edited by sechsgang; 07-12-2022 at 11:23 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by sechsgang:
AlexCeres (07-13-2022), crazyrob (08-24-2022), djlynch (10-01-2022), J Crew (07-12-2022)
Old 07-12-2022, 11:32 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 435 Posts

Yes, just pay over for one. It's only money. Basically, unless you are VERY VERY close with your dealer and they pretty much love you too, you're not going to get one for MSRP. Live for today. I was lucky to get mine for 1 1/2 % under MSRP but those days are gone. Once you start driving your car, you'll realize you did the right thing. Don't die with much money in the bank, spend it now (is my motto).

I pretty much ONLY drive my 911 now, not the Mercedes S63. It's addictive and wonderful and special and beautiful and ... everything you heard about them. And I don't really drive super fast or crazy, I drive it like a regular family car and that's fine with me. Safety is #1.

The following 14 users liked this post by Steve 96C4S:
AlexCeres (07-13-2022), AtTheGlen (07-18-2022), Carcam (07-19-2022), chance6 (07-12-2022), cpbmd (03-09-2023), crazyrob (08-24-2022), DKM (08-25-2022), Fixinbones (07-19-2022), Justinanus (07-13-2022), mashoutposse (08-25-2023), SamiRose (09-15-2022), ScottTurbo (07-13-2022), shrimp money (07-12-2022), Spike Spiegel (09-05-2022) and 9 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-12-2022, 12:41 PM
J Crew
Advanced

@sechsgang I agree completely. I've been a collector of high end timepieces for the last decade. I've purchased multiple pieces on the secondary, and while alot can be had for less than msrp, other brands go for over. I've paid over on two Rolex's with the same logic that you've laid out. I can spend $15k to $25k in jewelry and/or other watch brands that I don't care for, just to get me in the position to maybe buy one of the hard to find watches. Or I can pay a few thousand over and have the watch now and save spending unnecessary money with the AD.

@Steve 96C4S yep, I'm financially good and this is a dream car for me. I also agree that I'm not going to find one at msrp. I have know relationship and no purchase history. The premium being charged to me is within the amount that was mentioned above, so I feel like it's a customary premium for someone in my position. While I'll keep my 2020 Audi S4, this will end up pretty much being a daily for me!

Also, this is spec'd out in Chalk exterior, black interior with chalk stitching and seatbelts, and with the sought after exterior Sport Package!
The following 5 users liked this post by J Crew:
AlexCeres (07-13-2022), d-- (07-15-2022), eclou (07-12-2022), Steve 96C4S (07-12-2022), Terrence (10-06-2022)
Old 07-12-2022, 01:05 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 939 Likes on 538 Posts

I just ordered one at sticker , but again buy a lot of cars from that dealership
honest opinion is market is changing on cars . By September , it will be softer , so may be you agree with them on a range over MSRP from like 10-25k depending on the market .
I am not saying the market will collapse but certainly market is getting softer
according to my Porsche guy couple of days ago : we are still moving cars but have to work for it, as compared to couple of months ago when people were standing inline to buy them
Old 07-12-2022, 01:13 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by J Crew
@sechsgang I agree completely. I've been a collector of high end timepieces for the last decade. I've purchased multiple pieces on the secondary, and while alot can be had for less than msrp, other brands go for over. I've paid over on two Rolex's with the same logic that you've laid out. I can spend $15k to $25k in jewelry and/or other watch brands that I don't care for, just to get me in the position to maybe buy one of the hard to find watches. Or I can pay a few thousand over and have the watch now and save spending unnecessary money with the AD.

@Steve 96C4S yep, I'm financially good and this is a dream car for me. I also agree that I'm not going to find one at msrp. I have know relationship and no purchase history. The premium being charged to me is within the amount that was mentioned above, so I feel like it's a customary premium for someone in my position. While I'll keep my 2020 Audi S4, this will end up pretty much being a daily for me!

Also, this is spec'd out in Chalk exterior, black interior with chalk stitching and seatbelts, and with the sought after exterior Sport Package!
Im in the watch space as well, and you're absolutely right ! You'll LOVE the TTS...enjoy the heck out of it!
J Crew (07-12-2022)
Old 07-12-2022, 02:57 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,226 Likes on 2,725 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
If you want one and you want one soon vs 2 years if you happen to find a dealer who will put you at the end of a long list at sticker (which by the way...will be going into the .2 hybrid generation if thats.a plus or minus for you, to each their own) and don't have any sort of relationship, one will overwhelmingly more so than not be at over-sticker...dont get why people who come and comment they wont pay for something at sticker in a thread like this when they've spent millions over years to get there. Its often the same money or less anyways in actual spend (ugh, dont even want to think about this for personal reasons lol)
True words. I've been lucky to get a good deal on my TTS, but I'm sure I earned it with all the cars I've bought through the years. I do know that played a role in getting the allocation in the first place. Cold calling and getting sticker is pretty tough nowadays.

I paid $5k ADM to get a Daytona several years ago. At the time, it was like nails on a chalkboard for me to do it, but I did it anyway. I could have waited to get one at sticker...and still be waiting. Money spent is often forgotten if the end product makes you happy.
The following 2 users liked this post by rk-d:
J Crew (07-12-2022), Steve 96C4S (07-22-2022)
Old 07-12-2022, 03:03 PM
Johnauto
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

If you want one and you want one soon vs 2 years if you happen to find a dealer who will put you at the end of a long list at sticker (which by the way...will be going into the .2 hybrid generation if thats.a plus or minus for you, to each their own) and don't have any sort of relationship, one will overwhelmingly more so than not be at over-sticker...dont get why people who come and comment they wont pay for something at sticker in a thread like this when they've spent millions over years to get there. Its often the same money or less anyways in actual spend (ugh, dont even want to think about this for personal reasons lol). It seems 25-35k is a solid deal, with quite a few people still paying 50k over for a tts build. If building something to YOUR spec is important...thats pretty much your only option and just do it and have fun with the car, the 992TTS is simply an incredible car. IF you dont need one exactly to spec, Im sure a few cars with a bunch over in asking on the preowned market will loosen up over the next few months pending the markets etc etc and there's a shot you could get lucky on an offer on one. For me...I think the 23tts is kind of cool/special...its effectively the last non hybrid unit Turbo...ever. You'll always be able to trade your 23 in for the new unit, but you wont be able to spec the last non hybrid turbo porsche ever in the future. FWIW, Ive had 2, and have my 3rd 992 TTS incoming as the same September allocation and Im super pumped for it as it seems like you can order ALL of the goodies a of now (sport package, PTS etc etc) in that build slot so its a great one timing wise!
Has it been confirmed that the 2023 Turbo S is the last non hybrid Turbo? Will the 2024 Turbo S not offer an ICE only option?
Old 07-12-2022, 06:59 PM
vcp13
Rennlist Member

Received 417 Likes on 211 Posts

sechsgang - are you going PTS on this one? coming september? you sure no delays? my pts/em 2022 gt3 isnt going to get here until end of october (may build)

i agree tts is incredible. i find it every bit as enjoyable as my 718 spyder, even though its quite a bit heavier, pdk, awd, turbocharged vs na, etc.
i daily mine, love it, though would like to swap it for a 23 with a modified build (a sport-classic themed cab)

i prefer the duality of the cab, but part of me thinks that a 2023 tts lightweight coupe will be a keeper long-term
DKM (08-25-2022)
Old 07-12-2022, 07:16 PM
Mmade992
Racer

Received 252 Likes on 120 Posts

The exact reason I went down to my dealer in April and put a deposit down and got on the list for the last Non-hybrid turbo to be made. It’s going to be the one I keep.

It’s like the last turbo or turbo-s (997) you can get with a manual before they only offered them in PDK only.

The last year of this power plant without the assistance of electric and the first year to offer the heritage interior package……. Sign me up!
Old 07-12-2022, 08:10 PM
ggreg911
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 89 Posts

Hello everyone, I've read through post for years but finally joined as I'm on the hunt to become a first time Porsche 911 owner. I have the opportunity to purchase a new 2022 Porsche Turbo S but was told I would need to pay a premium over msrp. Arrival is set for early Sept to the dealership. I know alot of you have not paid anything over, but that won't be a reality for me. What have you all heard some Turbo S have gone for over retail, if anything? Thanks for any insight and input on this.

i agreed to pay 25k over for my second tts cab from a west coast dealer. It has a October delivery date. They sold me a 21 at msrp and a 22 GT3 for 30k over. I made a lot of money on those cars so i am ok with paying 25k to them on this one
Old 07-12-2022, 10:07 PM
HappyHades
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

bay area dealers are asking for 50K for TTS, 75K for GT3 and a whopping 100K for touring. i look forward to a massive economic crash in the years to come, cuz at this point its the only way things will go back to the way there were, i hope.

Last edited by HappyHades; 07-12-2022 at 10:08 PM.
Old 07-12-2022, 10:11 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,480 Likes on 951 Posts

It seems 25-35k is a solid deal, with quite a few people still paying 50k over for a tts build. >>

I concur on this for most people, i.e. people that don't buy multiple cars per year, or every year...etc. I'm about to step into a 992 Turbo S in 2 days. I buy a car on average every 2 years or so.
I'll say this: the amount of markup I'm willing to pay needs to be in the range of the best discount I've ever received on a new Porsche...for me that number is 10%. 10% on a new TTS is roughly $22-$27k, basically for most builds and that's about what I'm paying. I'm giving up my chalk baby for the new boy. Keep in mind 2023 prices have gone up $9k without the markup.

The other thing is I had a desirable trade-in. If you're trading in your Mom's Kia Sorrento it might be a different story.

On a non-GT car, even a Turbo S, I think $50k over is too much, but that's me. Opinions vary.

Last edited by chance6; 07-12-2022 at 10:14 PM.
Steve 96C4S (07-22-2022)

Quick Reply: 2022 Turbo S - how much over msrp have you heard?