Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

GT3T to TTS

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2023, 02:12 PM
Engro
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 154 Posts

To the OP. Why not go to dealer and test drive the TTS. You should have an idea if it is a car you will like. TTS and GT3 are completely different cars.
No one on the internet can tell you what you should like and not like. It is your car and at this pricepoint, you want to at least drive the car? Plenty of used examples now and this is not Covid when dealers didn't have cars.
Even better there are track rentals for TTS if you really want to see what it can do on the track if you have such service near you. 991 TTS and 992 TTS have the same DNA so even if you can get 991.2 TTS should tell you all you need to know. There are multiple threads on the topic if you search.
Old 04-03-2023, 04:07 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,170 Likes on 575 Posts

Originally Posted by wintershade
$ It’s like debating if ribbed or studded condoms are better. Both are pretty numb in comparison.
But its for her pleasure lol
The following users liked this post:
chance6 (04-04-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 04:11 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,847 Likes on 4,802 Posts

Originally Posted by Angryinch
Mannnnn you can't compare a GT3RS to a TTS lol. Track/street weapon vs daily driver. These are two different worlds.

3 Pedals, you bag on the TTS so much, I thought you'd have it sold by now?
Yeah, cuz the TTS is just better.
Old 04-03-2023, 04:15 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,170 Likes on 575 Posts

You can't make the GT3 more street friendly. You can make the TTS more track friendly. I understand the point of wanting RAW fun vehicles. My one track car is a 2300lb 1986 944 turbo stripped out with a cage and a Ls6 engine
The following 2 users liked this post by eclou:
SB27 (04-03-2023), stetty (04-03-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 04:25 PM
PorscheSince2013
Rennlist Member

Received 274 Likes on 145 Posts

The TTS is an amazing car. The reviews and videos are actually pretty accurate. It will be a classic.

But I don't understand why go from a GT3T to a GT3RS? I thought the GT3T was for people who wanted to 'fly under the radar'. The GT3RS is probably the most extreme production car Porsche has ever made. Not so much 'under the radar'.
The following 2 users liked this post by PorscheSince2013:
Carcam (04-05-2023), SB27 (04-03-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 06:27 PM
Salj
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by EsqHTX
Got an opportunity to trade in my GT for a 23 TTS PTS riviera blue and a guaranteed RS allocation…will be losing money on trade due to ADM and paying a small 10k ADM on TTS. Anyone here switch from gt3 to TTS? I will not be DD this car and really just waiting on RS. Other option is keep the gt and just wait and see what the market looks like in a year or so
I did it and was very unsatisfied. Went to an F8 to amp up the occasion and driving excitement.
Old 04-03-2023, 07:19 PM
fstockcarrera
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheSince2013
The TTS is an amazing car. The reviews and videos are actually pretty accurate. It will be a classic.

But I don't understand why go from a GT3T to a GT3RS? I thought the GT3T was for people who wanted to 'fly under the radar'. The GT3RS is probably the most extreme production car Porsche has ever made. Not so much 'under the radar'.
Agreed. The TTS is a great street car. They all are. If you drive occasionally on the track, any of them will do, but even the RS will get passed by a proper race car. My other car is an 04 GT3 cup (385 HP) and can keep up and pass an RS by a competent driver. Want a track car buy one.
Old 04-03-2023, 07:19 PM
SB27
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Salj
I did it and was very unsatisfied. Went to an F8 to amp up the occasion and driving excitement.
I really want to tell you about my $13,000 Ferrari replacement radio story, but I don't want to amp you up on this occasion.
Old 04-03-2023, 09:22 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,559 Likes on 862 Posts

Originally Posted by fstockcarrera
Agreed. The TTS is a great street car. They all are. If you drive occasionally on the track, any of them will do, but even the RS will get passed by a proper race car. My other car is an 04 GT3 cup (385 HP) and can keep up and pass an RS by a competent driver. Want a track car buy one.
It's not about getting "passed". There is always a better/faster car. It's about (in my case that is) emotional attachment, engagement, fun, eventfulness, etc. You are spending over quarter million dollars on a fast, comfortable, quiet, understated car. You may get the same sound, 90% of the performance (for daily driving purposes), very similar looks on a car that costs 60% as much (base 911). At $280-290k (with markup), you can afford a 720S or a huracan easily and may have more fun. I get the whole fly under the radar thing but you know what else flies under the radar? The 9 other 911 trim types that cost a lot less
Old 04-03-2023, 09:40 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 207 Posts

I haven’t driven a 992 GT3 but we have a 991.2 GT3T presently which I won’t be trading for our new 992 TTS coming in June. The GT cars are an “event” to enjoy and to 3-Pedal’s point, the GT car is a riot to drive at 35 mph downshifting third to second. Our TTS will be a nice car for going out or going to golf club or a weekend away but not a substitute for our GT3T.
The following users liked this post:
CarManDSL (04-04-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 10:04 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,227 Likes on 2,726 Posts

Got an opportunity to trade in my GT for a 23 TTS PTS riviera blue and a guaranteed RS allocation…will be losing money on trade due to ADM and paying a small 10k ADM on TTS. Anyone here switch from gt3 to TTS? I will not be DD this car and really just waiting on RS. Other option is keep the gt and just wait and see what the market looks like in a year or so
I assume you mean a 991.2 GT3T

I went from a ‘22 TTS to a 991.2 GT3T about 6 months ago. I’ve put a few thousand miles on the Touring.

The TTS has excellent steering. Not much different from the GT3. It has tenacious grip with AWD, PDCC and RWS. It does feel a bit synthetic - you can tell there is a lot going on. Given the weight and size of the car, it almost feels like cheating. Video game like - it’s clear that the car is doing alot of work. The engineering is super impressive. Almost idiot proof. Boost is strong - the car comes alive above 3k RPM. The TTS is a great car - tactile and powerful yet totally capable of puttering in traffic like a luxury car. It’s actually kind of brilliant that way, but I could see how some would think it’s almost too good. Point and shoot.

Ultimately, I prefer the Touring. You own the car - you know. The engine is a work of art - I love how it just pulls through the rev range, getting stronger the higher you go. There are no flat spots, it’s immediate and very responsive. Handling in the Touring feels much more analog compared to the TTS and it’s a lot quicker on directional changes. Being RWD with a strong NA motor - the Touring will bite back in a way that the TTS never will. I have a Sharkwerks center bypass and the sound is so great. Pretty much impossible for a turbo to sound as good (best I’ve heard is the GT2RS and even then I preferred the GT3). Then there is the manual - I have a Numeric shifter and it’s one of the best feeling transmissions I’ve owned. For street driving I vastly prefer manual to PDK - it’s not even close.

The GT3T is just more raw, more animal and more exciting to drive across the board. The TTS is just a completely different kind of car - completely unflappable and much more aligned as a daily driver, mixed use car.

Just my opinion - I think the 991.2 GT3T is the best looking 911 Porsche has ever made.

Of course, you’ll be getting an RS which is an awesome car…but you’ll still lose out on that MT. I really wonder if you will end up missing the Touring, even when you get the RS.

Last edited by rk-d; 04-03-2023 at 10:52 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by rk-d:
eclou (04-04-2023), MaxLTV (04-03-2023), Overdraft (04-03-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 11:16 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
I assume you mean a 991.2 GT3T

I went from a ‘22 TTS to a 991.2 GT3T about 6 months ago. I’ve put a few thousand miles on the Touring.

The TTS has excellent steering. Not much different from the GT3. It has tenacious grip with AWD, PDCC and RWS. It does feel a bit synthetic - you can tell there is a lot going on. Given the weight and size of the car, it almost feels like cheating. Video game like - it’s clear that the car is doing alot of work. The engineering is super impressive. Almost idiot proof. Boost is strong - the car comes alive above 3k RPM. The TTS is a great car - tactile and powerful yet totally capable of puttering in traffic like a luxury car. It’s actually kind of brilliant that way, but I could see how some would think it’s almost too good. Point and shoot.

Ultimately, I prefer the Touring. You own the car - you know. The engine is a work of art - I love how it just pulls through the rev range, getting stronger the higher you go. There are no flat spots, it’s immediate and very responsive. Handling in the Touring feels much more analog compared to the TTS and it’s a lot quicker on directional changes. Being RWD with a strong NA motor - the Touring will bite back in a way that the TTS never will. I have a Sharkwerks center bypass and the sound is so great. Pretty much impossible for a turbo to sound as good (best I’ve heard is the GT2RS and even then I preferred the GT3). Then there is the manual - I have a Numeric shifter and it’s one of the best feeling transmissions I’ve owned. For street driving I vastly prefer manual to PDK - it’s not even close.

The GT3T is just more raw, more animal and more exciting to drive across the board. The TTS is just a completely different kind of car - completely unflappable and much more aligned as a daily driver, mixed use car.

Just my opinion - I think the 991.2 GT3T is the best looking 911 Porsche has ever made.

Of course, you’ll be getting an RS which is an awesome car…but you’ll still lose out on that MT. I really wonder if you will end up missing the Touring, even when you get the RS.
All true…
Old 04-03-2023, 11:54 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,480 Likes on 951 Posts

But wait, I thought this trade wasn't allowed because those paths never cross. <eye roll>

Enjoy the TTS!
Old 04-04-2023, 02:01 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 943 Likes on 569 Posts

@3-Pedals would love for you to weigh your car with a full tank of fuel for me please.

I have the same packages and options but with 18ways and want to see what the weight difference is.
Old 04-04-2023, 10:43 AM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,559 Likes on 862 Posts

Originally Posted by Angryinch
@3-Pedals would love for you to weigh your car with a full tank of fuel for me please.

I have the same packages and options but with 18ways and want to see what the weight difference is.
I have no scales unfortunately. I did drive a heavier car back to back (sunroof, 18 ways, rear seats were present, car had ACC) and I couldnt really tell any difference. I’m sure in a drag strip, same day, lighter TTS will get 0.1s faster and trap 1-2mph higher. But in corners, I cant really tell them apart. What I can say is lightweight package car has more engine noise in the cabin. Non lightweight package is way too quiet, even my car is too quiet.

Driving my RS that does weigh 3200 lbs vs this TTS you can absolutely tell agility differences but some of this could be suspension, solid joints, etc. So hard for me to opine.

Quick Reply: GT3T to TTS