Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

2nd and 3rd guessing what I'm building.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2023, 04:33 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Received 412 Likes on 181 Posts
Default 2nd and 3rd guessing what I'm building.

My freeze date is June 16th. Building this car is both fun and stressful. I've had several 911's before but never a Turbo S so I'm concentrating on not making any mistakes and forgetting something or adding something that really doesn't make a difference. I keep running the color options over and over changing my mind more than once.
At this point I'm going with Arctic Gray, Sport pkg, black interior, shark blue stitching package, many leather upgrades and Burmeister. I've seen both an Arctic Gray 911 and an Ice gray metallic and both are good colors (I keep switching back and forth) and I love the sport pkg with gloss black and carbon fiber roof, especially like the exclusive wheels with that package. I also went with front axle lift and Sports Pasm. Hopefully I can just stick to this build now as I'm wearing myself out on the configurator.
This is the look of my current and hopefully last build. I appreciate any comments and looking forward to delivery in August. Sorry for the repeat posts on this subject. Everyday I get more confused.

Last edited by Muhney; 05-20-2023 at 05:32 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Muhney:
crazyrob (05-20-2023), Mcx (05-20-2023)
Old 05-20-2023, 05:27 PM
PorscheSince2013
Rennlist Member

Received 274 Likes on 145 Posts

What about chalk? And the cognac heritage design interior?

Personally, I wouldn't do the sports package because you lose the rear seats. No significant weight savings and harder to sell.
Old 05-20-2023, 05:27 PM
crazyrob
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 67 Posts

Great choices. Sports design package wasn’t available for me although I originally selected. I was so torn between sunroof or CF roof. I use my sunroof all the time but wish I could swap out CF when feeling sporty. Great color choice. ED wheels look great. You will love it. Exclusive tail lights look great. Enjoy!
The following users liked this post:
Muhney (05-20-2023)
Old 05-20-2023, 05:34 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

The Sport pkg I'm getting isn't about weight. It has back seats. It's the exterior gloss black features, wheels, and carbon fiber roof and mirrors. The wheels are only available on this package and thats what is selling me.

Last edited by Muhney; 05-20-2023 at 05:36 PM.
Old 05-20-2023, 05:35 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PorscheSince2013
What about chalk? And the cognac heritage design interior?

Personally, I wouldn't do the sports package because you lose the rear seats. No significant weight savings and harder to sell.
I just pre-traded my Chalk Targa. I like the color, just want to change it up.
Old 05-20-2023, 05:40 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by crazyrob
Great choices. Sports design package wasn’t available for me although I originally selected. I was so torn between sunroof or CF roof. I use my sunroof all the time but wish I could swap out CF when feeling sporty. Great color choice. ED wheels look great. You will love it. Exclusive tail lights look great. Enjoy!
Thanks, originally I was looking at GT Silver which was the color of my 991.2 GTS. But there is an Arctic Gray Turbo for sale here locally that I was able to see and I like it. I'm pretty sure this will be the final build. All th leather options were tough to discerne but I think I got through it. Thanks for the response.
Old 05-20-2023, 06:21 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,170 Likes on 575 Posts

I went from Guards Red to PTS Nogaro Blue to PTS Voodoo Blue to A1 Black. Probably did 20-30 different configurations. In the end, I probably would have been happy with any of them
Old 05-20-2023, 06:48 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Haha, I can certainly relate. Thanks, your post makes me feel like I'm not completely nuts.
Old 05-21-2023, 12:47 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 943 Likes on 569 Posts

To me the Sport Package brings the TTS to another level of sportiness, they did a great job on this package.

Looks like a solid build.
Muhney (05-21-2023)
Old 05-21-2023, 12:58 AM
fstockcarrera
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would skip front axel lift . It is unlikely you will need it since the front spoiler is retractable. On a GT car definitely.
Old 05-21-2023, 01:06 AM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fstockcarrera
I would skip front axel lift . It is unlikely you will need it since the front spoiler is retractable. On a GT car definitely.
Thanks, but I need it for my driveway and my office parking garage.
Old 05-21-2023, 01:38 PM
jnolan
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Muhney
My freeze date is June 16th. Building this car is both fun and stressful. I've had several 911's before but never a Turbo S so I'm concentrating on not making any mistakes and forgetting something or adding something that really doesn't make a difference. I keep running the color options over and over changing my mind more than once.
At this point I'm going with Arctic Gray, Sport pkg, black interior, shark blue stitching package, many leather upgrades and Burmeister. I've seen both an Arctic Gray 911 and an Ice gray metallic and both are good colors (I keep switching back and forth) and I love the sport pkg with gloss black and carbon fiber roof, especially like the exclusive wheels with that package. I also went with front axle lift and Sports Pasm. Hopefully I can just stick to this build now as I'm wearing myself out on the configurator.
This is the look of my current and hopefully last build. I appreciate any comments and looking forward to delivery in August. Sorry for the repeat posts on this subject. Everyday I get more confused.
I had graphite blue with black trim and wheels. It is a fantastic color that changes from day to night. Very masculine. The choices are yours, but I would suggest that paint matching the mirrors and intake trim will be a better look. Too much black is, well, too much. The aero kit in black looks pretty sharp, which I did not expect.

I love this color.

Old 05-21-2023, 01:56 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 943 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by jnolan
I had graphite blue with black trim and wheels. It is a fantastic color that changes from day to night. Very masculine. The choices are yours, but I would suggest that paint matching the mirrors and intake trim will be a better look. Too much black is, well, too much. The aero kit in black looks pretty sharp, which I did not expect.

I love this color.
Fully disagree, the piano black pieces are great. Also, you can't change this stuff as its park of the Sport Package. The mirror are black base with CF housing.

Cheers
Muhney (05-21-2023)
Old 05-21-2023, 02:02 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Angryinch
Fully disagree, the piano black pieces are great. Also, you can't change this stuff as its park of the Sport Package. The mirror are black base with CF housing.

Cheers
I agree, I love the entire sport package including all the gloss black and carbon fiber...especially the wheels.
Old 05-21-2023, 02:06 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jnolan

I love this color.
This isn't graphite blue, i's arctic gray and the two colors are quite different. But I agree I thought the graphite blue was a good color. Here is a different view of Arctic Gray

Quick Reply: 2nd and 3rd guessing what I'm building.