Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

992 Turbo S Deposit

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2023, 07:25 PM
turbonator
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by fantom557
I had left a 20K deposit on my car with a sticker of 250K. I knew the dealer and have bought many cars from them. I had to cancel because part of the deal was the delivery date. The car kept on getting delayed, so I canceled it. I had to fight to get my deposit back. I did get 99% back the last few dollars they would not give back. I had given my old car which was less than a year old as a trade in, and they sold it for a profit. They lost my business and I will no longer give them any good recommendations. I have a lot of friends who have bought exotics from them, I told them the story, they were surprised as I was.
Please name the dealer so we can avoid
Old 09-10-2023, 07:51 PM
Breen
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by turbonator
Please name the dealer so we can avoid
seconded
Old 09-10-2023, 07:57 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 941 Likes on 540 Posts

deposits vary by dealership policies which is affected by their previous experiences. Like if they were burned few times , then they are more strict
the other factor is your relationship not only with the dealership, but with management
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (09-14-2023)
Old 09-10-2023, 11:34 PM
tomshop
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Breen
it’s not enforceable anywhere, to claim so you need some precedent.
show me a case where it was successfully litigated.
I don’t think this is a question of being legal or not. No one will litigate this. It is a question of ethics and will make it very hard for a dealer to ask for over MSRP without risking their reputation.
Old 09-10-2023, 11:50 PM
Breen
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by tomshop
I don’t think this is a question of being legal or not. No one will litigate this. It is a question of ethics and will make it very hard for a dealer to ask for over MSRP without risking their reputation.
yeah makes sense - but your original advice mentioned a contract, which would imply it be used as a legal means of enforcing an agreement. I just wanted to note it would not be legally binding.

if it’s reputational leverage, that’s obviously different. But I still don’t think it would have any effect.
Old 09-11-2023, 02:51 PM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by arowden86
I'm actually in Nevada now. Need to update my profile. I'm used to paying between 3-5% for deposits on cars that are much less in demand.
I'm in Nevada as well. I paid a $10,000 deposit to a dealer just outside of Denver. Paid MSRP for a 2024 TTS I custom built. I ordered the car in March 2023 and picked it up about a month ago.

Yesterday, I Went to my first Porsche Club meeting at Red Rock Country Club. Great group of people. Very active with Porsche sponsored events.

Quick Reply: 992 Turbo S Deposit