Notices
992 Turbo and Turbo S 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Jut picked up my 992 Turbo Sand had a couple of questions about it.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2023, 02:34 PM
Beherit
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by CanAutM3
In Normal and Sport diving modes, the front splitter and rear wing adjust to different settings based on driving speed. In Sport+, the the front splitter and rear wing will fully deploy, but the car needs to be moving for it to take effect. In Wet mode, only the rear wing deploys.

It is also possible to jointly fully deploy or fully retract the front splitter and rear wing through the car settings in the PCM. With this method, it is possible to fully deploy or retract the aero while the car is stationary. I configured my home PCM screen to have the aero setting button readily available so I can easily deploy or retract the aero as I wish.
I am going to look into making a button like that also, I would have thought Porsche would have made it like that from the factory.
Old 09-08-2023, 03:16 PM
Beherit
Instructor

I did think of something else. Can the 360 surround camera be activated manually? I had it come on when I pulled into my garage but I would like to be able to activate manually as I am about to pull into a parking spot so I can see all around me. My BMWs all had a button you hit on the console and it activated it.
Old 09-08-2023, 03:23 PM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

Received 336 Likes on 197 Posts

i think its time for you to RTM (ReadTheManual)
Old 09-08-2023, 05:49 PM
Mrcleanr6
Intermediate

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts

i have had my car for about a week now and the door handle thing gets me too. sometimes it pops out, sometimes i manually pull the handle....you just never know when its going to work. there is a setting called comfort plus i believe. if you check that then when you approach the car it will come alive and handles pop out automatically without having to touch them. for some reason i didnt like this setting but i need to try again to see.
Old 09-08-2023, 06:28 PM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 753 Likes on 474 Posts

I have had three tts's so far that the driver door handle does/did not pop out untill you use the fob, while the passenger side pops out, one car was fine
Old 09-08-2023, 07:31 PM
Beherit
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mrcleanr6
i have had my car for about a week now and the door handle thing gets me too. sometimes it pops out, sometimes i manually pull the handle....you just never know when its going to work. there is a setting called comfort plus i believe. if you check that then when you approach the car it will come alive and handles pop out automatically without having to touch them. for some reason i didnt like this setting but i need to try again to see.
Originally Posted by hcvone
I have had three tts's so far that the driver door handle does/did not pop out untill you use the fob, while the passenger side pops out, one car was fine
kind of annoying on this level of a vehicle. I'll look into the comfort settings and see how mine is set, thanks.
Old 09-09-2023, 09:48 AM
ER911S
Pro

Received 222 Likes on 132 Posts

Just to add to the madness of when the spoiler goes up since the manual says "it adjusts to different settings", I have found that when you have the sunroof open, when you go past past around 60mph, it will lift about halfway. I suspect that the sunroof changed the way the air flows in the back. It only does it in Normal and Sports mode as it is higher up at a steeped angle in sports+ mode.

Old 09-10-2023, 04:42 PM
Raleigh Mann
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Beherit
I'll keep an eye on those straps, the passenger side did stick on me a little this morning but I pulled a little harder and it popped open. As for the door handle, even pulling up on the handle it wouldn't unlock, like it wasn't reading the FOB was near so I am going to try a new battery.
Make sure you fob isn’t near your phone - ie. In same pocket. They can interfere with each other
Old 09-10-2023, 04:53 PM
992.Turbo.S
Instructor

Received 158 Likes on 83 Posts

Here is a screenshot of the factory spoiler settings for the 992 TTS. I just let them do whatever they want and think the car looks better with the rear spoiler down but that’s with the sports package, it would sure be nice to be able to deploy the front separately from the rear.
It is easy enough to set your diamond button to deploy them or set up your individual drive mode with it activated.

The following 4 users liked this post by 992.Turbo.S:
AlexCeres (09-10-2023), CanAutM3 (09-10-2023), eclou (09-10-2023), mashoutposse (09-11-2023)
Old 09-10-2023, 04:56 PM
Beherit
Instructor

Originally Posted by Raleigh Mann
Make sure you fob isn’t near your phone - ie. In same pocket. They can interfere with each other
Originally Posted by 992.Turbo.S
Here is a screenshot of the factory spoiler settings for the 992 TTS. I just let them do whatever they want and think the car looks better with the rear spoiler down but that’s with the sports package, it would sure be nice to be able to deploy the front separately from the rear.
It is easy enough to set your diamond button to deploy them or set up your individual drive mode with it activated.

Thanks guys, I've been driving it around the last two days and gotten a little acclimated to it.
Old 09-10-2023, 09:13 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,173 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by 992.Turbo.S

We have DRS!!!!
Old 09-10-2023, 11:18 PM
Breen
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 48 Posts

The typo on this thread title is giving me an aneurism
The following users liked this post:
Just J (09-10-2023)
Old 09-11-2023, 09:47 AM
Beherit
Instructor

Originally Posted by Breen
The typo on this thread title is giving me an aneurism
Lol, I tried to fix it but you can't.
The following users liked this post:
Breen (09-11-2023)
Old 09-11-2023, 02:45 PM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sensei_tts
my experience has been different. spoiler never extends in normal mode regardless of mph, i'll pay more attention. spoiler extends in sport somewhere after 75mph and it extends about halfway. in sport plus it extends fully if im moving but doesnt need to be 70+ - it needs to be more than a few mph. wonder if others have the same experience.

You are exactly correct.

My 2024 TS....The spoiler NEVER extends in NORMAL mode.

In Sports Mode, it extends at or above 80 MPH (Halfway).

In Sports Plus Mode, it extends all the way at any speed.

You may also extend the spoiler in any mode by simply accessing the screen.....Press the lower vehicle picture on the left side of the screen. IT will bring up another screen, which will allow you to extend the spoiler manually. ON my TTS, I do not have to hold the button at all. I just select extend spoiler and it goes up all the way.
Old 09-11-2023, 03:35 PM
CanAutM3
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,218 Likes on 566 Posts

Originally Posted by Dariof
You are exactly correct.

My 2024 TS....The spoiler NEVER extends in NORMAL mode.
That’s because you are not driving fast enough .

The rear wing will also eventually extend in Normal mode when speeds exceed 180km/h (112mph).

Last edited by CanAutM3; 09-11-2023 at 03:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Jut picked up my 992 Turbo Sand had a couple of questions about it.