Notices
992 Turbo and Turbo S 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Jut picked up my 992 Turbo Sand had a couple of questions about it.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2023, 09:50 AM
Beherit
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Jut picked up my 992 Turbo Sand had a couple of questions about it.

First one is, and I may be thinking about this the wrong way, but the only way I can get the spoilers to engage is by going to Sport mode, and then going to vehicle drive setting on the infotainment screen and pressing and holding the button down. I have it checked to engage them if I go into Sport Plus but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong or is that just how it is?

Secondly, my door handle is squirrely as crap, sometimes when I walk up and touch it it pops right up and other times I have to feel all around the bottom of it and slide my hand all over it to make it pop up, same with locking it, I have to slide my finger back and a bunch of times to make it lock. I'd really not have to take my FOB out every time I unlock or lock the car, is there some trick to it? Thanks
Old 09-08-2023, 10:31 AM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

Received 336 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Beherit
First one is, and I may be thinking about this the wrong way, but the only way I can get the spoilers to engage is by going to Sport mode, and then going to vehicle drive setting on the infotainment screen and pressing and holding the button down. I have it checked to engage them if I go into Sport Plus but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong or is that just how it is?

Secondly, my door handle is squirrely as crap, sometimes when I walk up and touch it it pops right up and other times I have to feel all around the bottom of it and slide my hand all over it to make it pop up, same with locking it, I have to slide my finger back and a bunch of times to make it lock. I'd really not have to take my FOB out every time I unlock or lock the car, is there some trick to it? Thanks
Spoilers engage/deploy based on speed - in Sport or Sport+ i believe it is near 70mph - in Normal mode i have seen the rear pop up at 70mph -- but they have been known to have Control Unit issues and Driver Motor issues as well - both units required replacement early on for me - took a week or 2 under warranty....waiting for parts was the delay ---- if you cant figure it out or see too many different actions happening, ask you dealers service dept - mine got stuck half way deployed and i was getting error messages on the dash

The door locks from the outside by placing your finger on the small depression on the handle (look for it, it is towards the front side of the handle)...not swiping your finger...swiping your fingers across the handle even on the depression does nothing - you need to keep your finger tip on it - all you need to do is hold your finger on the depression and it will lock...it takes a second or 2 so be patient

Opening the door....the handle should pop out while you approach the car - if it doesn't, just place 4 finger tips under it, as if you were going to pull it open yourself and it should pop out...if it doesn't then just pull it out manually - that would be ok, and after use they should pop out as you approach the car

When things don't happen as expected (for reasons only porsche knows) i default to the key fob - it always works

2021 TTS-Cab

Last edited by RD16RR; 09-08-2023 at 10:34 AM.
Old 09-08-2023, 10:36 AM
Beherit
Instructor

Originally Posted by RD16RR
Spoilers engage/deploy based on speed - in Sport or Sport+ i believe it is near 70mph - in Normal mode i have seen the rear pop up at 70mph -- but they have been known to have Control Unit issues and Driver Motor issues as well - both units required replacement early on for me - took a week or 2 under warranty....waiting for parts was the delay ---- if you cant figure it out or see too many different actions happening, ask you dealers service dept - mine got stuck half way deployed and i was getting error messages on the dash

The door locks from the outside by placing your finger on the small depression on the handle (look for it, it is towards the front side of the handle)...not swiping your finger, swiping your fingers across the handle even on the depression does nothing - you need to keep your finger tip on it - all you need to do is hold your finger on the depression and it will lock...it takes a second or 2 so be patient

Opening the door....the handle should pop out while you approach the car - if it doesn't, just place 4 finger tips under it, as if you were going to pull it open yourself and it should pop out...if it doesn't then just pull it out manually - that would be ok, and after use they should pop out as you approach the car

When things don't happen as expected (for reasons only porsche knows) i default to the key fob - it always works

2021 TTS-Cab
Thank you, that answers my questions. My door handle definitely doesn't pop up when I approach and it's difficult to get it to when I put my hand under the handle sometimes, I wonder if my battery is just weak now and it just doesn't register it is near. I will replace it and see if that fixes the issue.
Old 09-08-2023, 10:41 AM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

I forgot to mention...

since your car is new....be sure to test use the straps on the seat backs (both passenger and driver) to make sure they engage properly to allow you to tilt them forward to access the back area - mine would stick, or simply not work - it required a full rebuild of both seats, 2 days work and about a $4,000 repair under warranty ---- over use them for a little while, be certain they don't stick...it can be frustrating

Your door handle isn't required to pop up in order to open the door - you can simply pull up on it to open the door

Last edited by RD16RR; 09-08-2023 at 10:43 AM.
Old 09-08-2023, 11:12 AM
Beherit
Instructor

I forgot to mention...

since your car is new....be sure to test use the straps on the seat backs (both passenger and driver) to make sure they engage properly to allow you to tilt them forward to access the back area - mine would stick, or simply not work - it required a full rebuild of both seats, 2 days work and about a $4,000 repair under warranty ---- over use them for a little while, be certain they don't stick...it can be frustrating

Your door handle isn't required to pop up in order to open the door - you can simply pull up on it to open the door
I'll keep an eye on those straps, the passenger side did stick on me a little this morning but I pulled a little harder and it popped open. As for the door handle, even pulling up on the handle it wouldn't unlock, like it wasn't reading the FOB was near so I am going to try a new battery.
Old 09-08-2023, 11:59 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,860 Likes on 4,809 Posts

Not to be that guy, but have you tried reading the manual?

https://manual-directory.com/view-manual-pdf/?mid=22906

https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessor...tion/imanuals/
The following 3 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
AlexCeres (09-10-2023), HOTCHKIS (09-09-2023), Steve 96C4S (11-30-2023)
Old 09-08-2023, 12:05 PM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

Sticking at first then complete failure -- they did both my seats at the same time....drivers side was sticking, passenger side simply wouldn't work

Also....be sure to leave the Key Fob at a distance (not in your pocket) if you wash the car using a garden hose....(the frunk will pop open at a very inconvenient moment)
Old 09-08-2023, 01:00 PM
Beherit
Instructor

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I didn't know those video tutorials existed, thanks.
Old 09-08-2023, 01:01 PM
Beherit
Instructor

Sticking at first then complete failure -- they did both my seats at the same time....drivers side was sticking, passenger side simply wouldn't work

Also....be sure to leave the Key Fob at a distance (not in your pocket) if you wash the car using a garden hose....(the frunk will pop open at a very inconvenient moment)
Lol, thanks. One more quick question about the spoilers, can the front one be retracted individually? Seems it does both at the same time to me.
Old 09-08-2023, 01:19 PM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Beherit
Lol, thanks. One more quick question about the spoilers, can the front one be retracted individually? Seems it does both at the same time to me.
yes i believe it can
Old 09-08-2023, 01:26 PM
Beherit
Instructor

yes i believe it can
Ok thanks, I'll look around on how to do it.

EDIT*
It appears it can only be done in Wet Mode.

Last edited by Beherit; 09-08-2023 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-08-2023, 01:48 PM
sensei_tts
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 66 Posts

my experience has been different. spoiler never extends in normal mode regardless of mph, i'll pay more attention. spoiler extends in sport somewhere after 75mph and it extends about halfway. in sport plus it extends fully if im moving but doesnt need to be 70+ - it needs to be more than a few mph. wonder if others have the same experience.
The following users liked this post:
speedyj (12-14-2023)
Old 09-08-2023, 01:51 PM
Beherit
Instructor

Originally Posted by sensei_tts
my experience has been different. spoiler never extends in normal mode regardless of mph, i'll pay more attention. spoiler extends in sport somewhere after 75mph and it extends about halfway. in sport plus it extends fully if im moving but doesnt need to be 70+ - it needs to be more than a few mph. wonder if others have the same experience.
Thanks for your input, I am going to test mine out tomorrow morning and see how it reacts.
Old 09-08-2023, 02:01 PM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sensei_tts
I would have agreed with you 100% up until the other night when in fact Normal Mode had the rear spoiler up near 70mph...i confirmed it was in fact true....i didn't get to repeat it yet though...
Old 09-08-2023, 02:22 PM
CanAutM3
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,218 Likes on 566 Posts

In Normal and Sport diving modes, the front splitter and rear wing are in “automatic mode” and adjust to different settings based on driving speed. In Sport+, the the front splitter and rear wing will fully deploy to the aero “performance position”, but the car needs to be moving >15km/h for it to take effect and aero will not retract automatically when the car stops moving or when the ignition is switched off. In Wet mode, only the rear wing deploys.

It is also possible to jointly fully deploy or fully retract the front splitter and rear wing through the car settings in the PCM. With this method, it is possible to fully deploy or retract the aero while the car is stationary. I configured my home PCM screen to have the aero setting button readily available so I can easily deploy or retract the aero as I wish.

Last edited by CanAutM3; 09-08-2023 at 02:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Jut picked up my 992 Turbo Sand had a couple of questions about it.