Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Is 25k miles a lot for a 21 TTS?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2023, 04:31 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,537 Likes on 867 Posts

So just got the DME. Does this mean it's 0 at range 4 through 6?

Old 11-06-2023, 05:31 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
A good friend of mine who deals in preowned Porsches told me that every mile is worth $1. So a car with 25k miles should sell for 20-25k less than one with low mileage.
Which is bonkers because there is practically no difference between the cars otherwise. Best to buy the highest mileage nicely maintained car due to all this nonsense with cost per mile.
Old 11-06-2023, 06:48 PM
cweed
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 19 Posts

One would think so. CPO should give you the piece of mind needed as long as you like the car and the price is fair for the miles.
Old 11-06-2023, 07:47 PM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 637 Posts

go for it...im 22k miles in a 2021 and the car is running better than ever
The following users liked this post:
heshalosny (11-14-2023)
Old 11-06-2023, 08:57 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 944 Likes on 570 Posts

Originally Posted by Shogunade

Why are you checking over rev on a PDK car? How the hell do you over rev an automatic? It has a rev limiter…

Most tuners increase redline a bit on the turbos… this isn’t a manual 9000rpm redline GT3, what am I missing?
rk-d (11-11-2023)
Old 11-06-2023, 11:12 PM
Breen
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 48 Posts

Considering a CPO with 25k miles on it. Is that a lot of miles for a TTS and is it something to worry about? Best case scenario it was driven normally, worst case it was driven hard. What will it do to resale value after I put another 25k miles on it?
my lord this guy again
Old 11-06-2023, 11:13 PM
Breen
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 48 Posts

gets a DME report for a PDK car 😂😂😂

you cant overrev it dude
Old 11-06-2023, 11:31 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Angryinch
Why are you checking over rev on a PDK car? How the hell do you over rev an automatic? It has a rev limiter…

Most tuners increase redline a bit on the turbos… this isn’t a manual 9000rpm redline GT3, what am I missing?
Nothing. Being a total noob. 😔
Old 11-06-2023, 11:47 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Breen
my lord this guy again
Don't worry. I'm pretty sure I'll be moving onto other banal posts.
Old 11-07-2023, 07:28 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,882 Likes on 2,226 Posts

Originally Posted by Angryinch

There’s nothing wrong with checking it. As you said, a tuner could modify the redline, and it’s worth knowing if that was done if someone wants a car that wasn’t modded.
Angryinch (11-07-2023)
Old 11-10-2023, 04:10 PM
L76
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 32 Posts

TTSs are weird beasts. Even within the Porsche lineup. A good percentage of TTS buyers want the "best/fastest/___est supercar now"... and then when they get bored or something "better/faster/____er" comes along... they flip out of the car without a concern for what their sales price is. They just want the latest shiny object. No other Porsche car has this paradigm with its owners. Not the GT cars, not the base cars, not the GTS cars, cup cars, nada. Not even the Turbo. e.g. Even people who buy Turbos usually did so specifically for a reason... and keep them/drive the for a while. TTS resale/used values tend to be on the lowest end of P cars as a result. We live in a brave new world, so will see how this history holds up. TTS owners ALONE control resale prices. Period.

My $.02? Porsches - and the TTS in particular - are "bullet proof." These cars are solid. I expect to drive my for 300K miles (have 9k on my 2023 now and use it as a daily driver and it will see track days too). In the end - what do you have in mind for the car? What kind of TTS owner are you going to be? Me? I am going toes up with my car. Do not care about resale value, could care less when the next shiny object comes along to replace it, or when Kia's 2025 entry level electric family hauler kicks its @$$ in the 1/4 mile, etc. In this regard, if I were you - I would get the best deal I can on a good CPO TTS that has a spec I like... and then drive the daylights out of it and never look back.

cheers,
L76
The following 4 users liked this post by L76:
Bluehighways (11-11-2023), Dariof (11-17-2023), heshalosny (11-14-2023), vrybad (11-11-2023)
Old 11-10-2023, 10:02 PM
secondtimer
Advanced

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by L76
TTSs are weird beasts. Even within the Porsche lineup. A good percentage of TTS buyers want the "best/fastest/___est supercar now"... and then when they get bored or something "better/faster/____er" comes along... they flip out of the car without a concern for what their sales price is. They just want the latest shiny object. No other Porsche car has this paradigm with its owners. Not the GT cars, not the base cars, not the GTS cars, cup cars, nada. Not even the Turbo. e.g. Even people who buy Turbos usually did so specifically for a reason... and keep them/drive the for a while. TTS resale/used values tend to be on the lowest end of P cars as a result. We live in a brave new world, so will see how this history holds up. TTS owners ALONE control resale prices. Period.

My $.02? Porsches - and the TTS in particular - are "bullet proof." These cars are solid. I expect to drive my for 300K miles (have 9k on my 2023 now and use it as a daily driver and it will see track days too). In the end - what do you have in mind for the car? What kind of TTS owner are you going to be? Me? I am going toes up with my car. Do not care about resale value, could care less when the next shiny object comes along to replace it, or when Kia's 2025 entry level electric family hauler kicks its @$$ in the 1/4 mile, etc. In this regard, if I were you - I would get the best deal I can on a good CPO TTS that has a spec I like... and then drive the daylights out of it and never look back.

cheers,
L76
A M E N ....
Old 11-11-2023, 10:29 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,238 Likes on 2,729 Posts

The only relevance for 25k miles is the price and the interior. 25k miles is nothing in a modern car when it comes to mechanicals.

heshalosny (11-14-2023)
Old 11-17-2023, 02:48 PM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by L76

cheers,
L76
100% AGREE. Why save the miles for the other guy???????? I spent 259K (Plus Tax/Reg) for my TTS and I don't plan on "saving the miles" for when I sell it. I am driving it and will continue.
Old 11-17-2023, 03:04 PM
mrjbb7
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 47 Posts

@Shogunade 25k well-maintained miles is NOTHING for a TTS. I just purchased a '21 with 32k miles, I got a call from a GM at a Porsche dealer who I always buy my cars from and he told me they took this in on trade, so it never hit the market, thankfully lol They CPO'd it and completed the 40k mile service and added new tires. I got a PPI done and all that came back was some minor wear on driver side, barely no wear on any of the other seats. Some minor wear on driver side door, nothing really noticeable. No leaks, no loss of power no nothing, car runs and is perfect.

Other than that car is immaculate. MSRP was $245k, I paid a lot less than that, well worth it with the CPO. These cars are made to have miles put on them, there's a guy in the UK I believe that has 600K killometers on a 996 or 997 turbo, that tells you something.

If you like it, get PPI done, get full history on car and don't look back, you'll love the car, but you'll love the money you saved even more. At least yours is CPO as well. Btw I also had a 991.2 GT3RS with 24k+ miles when I sold her and she ran incredibly strong whilst it had been tracked a many times.

I do miss the PCM 6 of my 992 GT3 a bit, but I'm doing this today or tomorrow which helps with the PCM5, full car play in HD https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1324...roid-auto.html

Last edited by mrjbb7; 11-17-2023 at 03:11 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mrjbb7:
HOTCHKIS (11-17-2023), MaxLTV (11-17-2023)

Quick Reply: Is 25k miles a lot for a 21 TTS?