Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

No auto stop/start?! AND Engine rattle On 2024

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2023, 04:13 PM
Muffdiever
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default No auto stop/start?! AND Engine rattle On 2024

Hey all. Just took delivery of my first Porsche, 2024 turbo s.

A few things. I have an idle rattle in engine area. But also seems like I hear it more when going over bumps and beyond idle. Not sure if 992 motor mount issue presents itself that way. Or is this something else. Can’t tell yet.

Separately and maybe more interesting to you all, is this car has no auto start/stop! Doesn’t do it in normal mode or any mode. Is not available even as a selection/toggle under vehicle drive mode settings.

Now the battery was low when detailer got me car. To the point the window auto up memory was lost and pcm wouldn’t run without car on. I charged it to full and thought maybe that was why there was no listing of auto stop/start. But that didn’t change once battery was fully charged.

Has anyone heard of this being removed from 2024 turbo Ss here in the United States or elsewhere? Thanks!
Old 12-29-2023, 04:17 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 943 Likes on 569 Posts

Auto On/Off is deleted from the 24s.

There is a thread on here about that rattle, seems like a common issue on some of these cars.

Keep that battery fully charged or you are in for headaches, random weird codes, dead battery woes, etc.

The following users liked this post:
Patton250 (01-01-2024)
Old 12-29-2023, 05:02 PM
Muffdiever
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Angryinch
Auto On/Off is deleted from the 24s.

There is a thread on here about that rattle, seems like a common issue on some of these cars.

Keep that battery fully charged or you are in for headaches, random weird codes, dead battery woes, etc.
thanks man. So many rattle threads. You happen to know which one?
Old 12-31-2023, 08:07 PM
LeForte 1
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Muffdiever
Hey all. Just took delivery of my first Porsche, 2024 turbo s.

A few things. I have an idle rattle in engine area. But also seems like I hear it more when going over bumps and beyond idle. Not sure if 992 motor mount issue presents itself that way. Or is this something else. Can’t tell yet.

Separately and maybe more interesting to you all, is this car has no auto start/stop! Doesn’t do it in normal mode or any mode. Is not available even as a selection/toggle under vehicle drive mode settings.

Now the battery was low when detailer got me car. To the point the window auto up memory was lost and pcm wouldn’t run without car on. I charged it to full and thought maybe that was why there was no listing of auto stop/start. But that didn’t change once battery was fully charged.

Has anyone heard of this being removed from 2024 turbo Ss here in the United States or elsewhere? Thanks!
I don't really know about the 2024. If the s/s feature is gone, that is great news but I somehow doubt it, the EU being the EU.
I just picked up a 2023 turbo S cab and it has the annoying start stop feature which I hate. I will try to program the steering wheel diamond button to turn it off. Lots to learn on this beast.
Does anyone know what kind of battery this car has-standard 12 v or Lithium ion or what? I'm not in the mood to remove the cover yet via the frunk. Thanks.
Old 12-31-2023, 08:27 PM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Engine rattle

Originally Posted by Muffdiever
Check this thread
https://rennlist.com/forums/992-turb...ain-noise.html

Quick Reply: No auto stop/start?! AND Engine rattle On 2024