Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2023, 03:17 PM
Oileater
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

In your opinion, why don’t the base, S or GTS not make sense?

Each seems to cater to different segments of the 911 fan base.

Old 12-28-2023, 04:26 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 4,839 Likes on 1,723 Posts

Originally Posted by Oileater
In your opinion, why don’t the base, S or GTS not make sense?

Each seems to cater to different segments of the 911 fan base.
Correct. There's a 911 for everyone.
I've owned a dozen 911s, including aircooled cars.
I prefer NA over turbos and I prefer a car that feels like a sports car over a grand tourer or a dragster. The T is the one that fits my needs the best. The base is lacking manual, rear diff, and suspension is too soft. S is too much of a GT. GTS is too powerful and doesn't lend itself to being wrung out.
The following users liked this post:
Vinch (12-28-2023)
Old 12-28-2023, 04:39 PM
F250to911
Instructor

Received 106 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilder
Correct. There's a 911 for everyone.
I've owned a dozen 911s, including aircooled cars.
I prefer NA over turbos and I prefer a car that feels like a sports car over a grand tourer or a dragster. The T is the one that fits my needs the best. The base is lacking manual, rear diff, and suspension is too soft. S is too much of a GT. GTS is too powerful and doesn't lend itself to being wrung out.
Depends on how they are equipped doesn't it?

I've seen people equip the T with moonroof, PDK, 18 way seats, add rear seats, etc and basically they would have been better off going with an S which has the extra power to handle being weighted down a little. You could also order an S with lightweight glass, manual transmission, rear wheel steering, stiffer suspension, bucket seats, carbon fiber roof and you would have a killer driver's car.

Also the T has turbos as well. The only difference is that the turbos on the the S provide more boost. However, at lower RPM the engine performance is nearly identical.

Old 12-28-2023, 04:50 PM
x-ray
Intermediate

Received 58 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey all,
Super excited to be here. Got a call from my local dealer at the beginning of December that they had a Targa 4S allocation available that would lock late January, be built in March and be here in early April. (This was the second time they offered me a Targa 4S and this time I said yes!) MSRP but they are requiring me to buy the wheel and tire warranty which I would have probably gotten anyway.

At first I was thinking Arctic gray with black wheels, black targa bar and badges. I was basically trying to make it look like a GTS. After some thought, I decided to go in a different direction and embrace the 4S-ness of the car and the opportunities that a 4S brings. I have been in love with the heritage interior since I first saw it and figured I would take the plunge. Trying to figure out the right exterior color to go with the cognac interior was a bit challenging. My first choice was PTS green of some kind but I was unable to get PTS so I asked for Aventuring Green. That color unfortunately stops production 3/1/24 and my car would be mid March. Back to the configurator. Since I was paying $$ for the interior I didn’t want a pricey color so I decided on Gentian blue which looks class yet has some definite pop. Design exclusive wheels painted black to continue the heritage theme.

Here is my build and a few pics.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRKYEEB6

The following 5 users liked this post by x-ray:
fxmixer (12-28-2023), N3DXT (01-16-2024), pgap718 (12-28-2023), rr_gts (12-28-2023), Zanotti (12-28-2023)
Old 12-28-2023, 05:10 PM
fxmixer
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 69 Posts

My SA just sent me this picture! Should be ready for pick up in a day or two.
The following 5 users liked this post by fxmixer:
Final_Final_v4 (12-29-2023), Oileater (12-28-2023), OncPorsche (12-28-2023), TUD (12-28-2023), x-ray (12-28-2023)
Old 12-28-2023, 05:19 PM
fxmixer
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by x-ray
Hey all,
Super excited to be here. Got a call from my local dealer at the beginning of December that they had a Targa 4S allocation available that would lock late January, be built in March and be here in early April. (This was the second time they offered me a Targa 4S and this time I said yes!) MSRP but they are requiring me to buy the wheel and tire warranty which I would have probably gotten anyway.

At first I was thinking Arctic gray with black wheels, black targa bar and badges. I was basically trying to make it look like a GTS. After some thought, I decided to go in a different direction and embrace the 4S-ness of the car and the opportunities that a 4S brings. I have been in love with the heritage interior since I first saw it and figured I would take the plunge. Trying to figure out the right exterior color to go with the cognac interior was a bit challenging. My first choice was PTS green of some kind but I was unable to get PTS so I asked for Aventuring Green. That color unfortunately stops production 3/1/24 and my car would be mid March. Back to the configurator. Since I was paying $$ for the interior I didn’t want a pricey color so I decided on Gentian blue which looks class yet has some definite pop. Design exclusive wheels painted black to continue the heritage theme.

Beautiful build! That is my favorite interior by far. Looking at the build my only suggestion would be Exclusive Design Tailights because I think they would look nice with your silver accents. Gonna be an amazing car!

Last edited by fxmixer; 12-28-2023 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-28-2023, 05:20 PM
pgap718
Racer

Received 116 Likes on 65 Posts

Hey all,

It sucks they took away PTS on this, would have loved to get one in Moon Gem...
Old 12-28-2023, 05:42 PM
Cooper_
2nd Gear

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Love the Blue @pgap718

I'm a new member... Mine is schedule delivery to dealer on 1/16. GTS - GB / MT / 4WS / AERO...and the rear wiper... WOOT WOOT.

Config: PR7GANJ4

Coming in on the: Neptune Koper -
NEPTUNE KOPER, Vehicles Carrier - Details and current position - IMO 9279812 - VesselFinderNEPTUNE KOPER

The following 4 users liked this post by Cooper_:
fxmixer (12-28-2023), N3DXT (01-16-2024), Oileater (12-28-2023), x-ray (12-28-2023)
Old 12-28-2023, 06:01 PM
TUD
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by Shortseller
Dont know if you saw it on the T site but they are still promising delivery in 2 days. 😤

In any event, that’s good news they finally docked. Wonder how long they will be in port? My SA tells me it’s a 2 day boat ride down to Jacksonville. Then who knows how long to Naples. Car prep? Etc. I’m hoping a week from tomorrow?
@Shortseller

It is a two day boat ride to Baltimore, which is the next scheduled stop and per the shipping company that owns the ship, it is a three day journey from Baltimore to Jacksonville. Upon arrival in Jacksonville, it must clear US customs and then go through the VPC (Vehicle Pre Center). If all goes well and there is no transit damage that needs to be repaired, it will be released to the carrier and then it will have to be assigned a truck/driver to load and deliver to our dealers.

Last edited by TUD; 12-28-2023 at 06:03 PM.
Shortseller (12-28-2023)
Old 12-28-2023, 06:12 PM
FastAlpine
Rennlist Member

Received 306 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by TUD
@Shortseller

It is a two day boat ride to Baltimore, which is the next scheduled stop and per the shipping company that owns the ship, it is a three day journey from Baltimore to Jacksonville. Upon arrival in Jacksonville, it must clear US customs and then go through the VPC (Vehicle Pre Center). If all goes well and there is no transit damage that needs to be repaired, it will be released to the carrier and then it will have to be assigned a truck/driver to load and deliver to our dealers.
Im the next stop in Baltimore.
The following 3 users liked this post by FastAlpine:
Ikiru (12-28-2023), Shortseller (12-28-2023), TUD (12-28-2023)
Old 12-28-2023, 06:16 PM
TUD
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by FastAlpine
Im the next stop in Baltimore.

Hopefully SIEM Confucius will depart later this evening or first thing in the morning. After sitting offshore for six days one would suspect that they are ready to get the hell out of there!

Edit: Added screenshots ~ Davisville to Baltimore ⬇️

Baltimore to Jacksonville ⬇️

@Shortseller and anyone else on SIEM Confucius headed to Jacksonville, we basically have another 1600 miles to go +/- 🤦‍♂️

Last edited by TUD; 12-28-2023 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-28-2023, 07:16 PM
PSPorsche
Racer

Received 235 Likes on 159 Posts

Hey all,.
Since I was paying $$ for the interior I didn’t want a pricey color so I decided on Gentian blue which looks class yet has some definite pop. Design exclusive wheels painted black to continue the heritage theme.

Congratulations on your allocation! Cognac is an amazing interior color, and I think it goes very well with Gentian Blue.

My Carrera 4S will be Gentian Blue as well, but I opted for the Mojave Beige Leather interior due to cost (plus I wanted ventilated seats).

Your exterior and interior color combination definitely gets a big thumbs up from me. I also like that you are keeping the distinctive silver targa bar. Have you considered adding the silver “Targa 4S” logo on the door to go with your wheels and targa bar, or is that too much?

Last edited by PSPorsche; 12-28-2023 at 07:25 PM.
Old 12-28-2023, 07:24 PM
PSPorsche
Racer

Received 235 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Cooper_
Love the Blue @pgap718

I'm a new member... Mine is schedule delivery to dealer on 1/16. GTS - GB / MT / 4WS / AERO...and the rear wiper... WOOT WOOT.

Config: PR7GANJ4

Coming in on the: Neptune Koper -
NEPTUNE KOPER, Vehicles Carrier - Details and current position - IMO 9279812 - VesselFinderNEPTUNE KOPER
Congratulations! Your car will be arriving about a month before mine. I really debated getting the rear wiper on my build. I had found it very handy on a previous car, and I miss it in the rain on my current 997. The thing with the rear wiper is… you can always take it off if you have it, but you can’t add it if you don’t have it. Alas, I didn’t add it to my build before it finalized.

Old 12-28-2023, 07:48 PM
Shortseller
Pro

Received 586 Likes on 344 Posts

Hey all,

End game? 👍
Old 12-28-2023, 07:49 PM
Shortseller
Pro

Received 586 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by TUD

Hopefully SIEM Confucius will depart later this evening or first thing in the morning. After sitting offshore for six days one would suspect that they are ready to get the hell out of there!

Edit: Added screenshots ~ Davisville to Baltimore ⬇️

Baltimore to Jacksonville ⬇️

@Shortseller and anyone else on SIEM Confucius headed to Jacksonville, we basically have another 1600 miles to go +/- 🤦‍♂️
Getting close now. Great work, Thanks TUD!

Last edited by Shortseller; 12-28-2023 at 07:51 PM.
TUD (12-28-2023)

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!