Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2024, 09:30 AM
pgap718
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Marin Vizsla
No worries - no salt taken . Very happy folks are getting their cars. Just concerned that cars have been sitting idle in Emden for two straight months now and they had opportunities to load the older ones not once but twice during this past week but didn’t.

Congrats on a record transport time!
I was in the same situation and to this day I don't know if mine was actually at port for three months or so this storage warehouse. Mine sat about 14 weeks after production finished to get on a boat.
Old 03-15-2024, 09:41 AM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 409 Likes on 171 Posts

Whooooowho! Siem Aristotle is anchored waiting to berth in Halifax NS Canada. The end of the month can't come soon enough...

Old 03-15-2024, 10:32 AM
whatsshakin
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 35 Posts

My 992 just reached Emden and is waiting on the next ride to Baltimore. Anyone have an updated Emden shipping schedule? Any chance Siem Cicero will be making a stop at Baltimore?
Old 03-15-2024, 10:45 AM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 118 Posts

Thank you for sharing your experience @pgap718 When you finally received the car, did you notice any issues with it? E.g., paint, exterior protection sticker residue, post-delivery operational problems, etc.?

Originally Posted by pgap718
I was in the same situation and to this day I don't know if mine was actually at port for three months or so this storage warehouse. Mine sat about 14 weeks after production finished to get on a boat.
Old 03-15-2024, 11:50 AM
pbenson1
Track Day

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by whatsshakin
My 992 just reached Emden and is waiting on the next ride to Baltimore. Anyone have an updated Emden shipping schedule? Any chance Siem Cicero will be making a stop at Baltimore?
Here we go! Mine has been in Emden since Jan 12. Prior delivery estimate was April 5th, but as soon as the Amethyst Ace left the dock without my car on it, the delivery estimate revised to April 19th, which I think that suggests I'll be on the Violet Ace arriving into Baltimore April 16th. Teaching me a lesson in patience...
Attached Images
The following users liked this post:
whatsshakin (03-15-2024)
Old 03-15-2024, 12:02 PM
PSPorsche
Racer

Received 240 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by pbenson1
Here we go! Mine has been in Emden since Jan 12. Prior delivery estimate was April 5th, but as soon as the Amethyst Ace left the dock without my car on it, the delivery estimate revised to April 19th, which I think that suggests I'll be on the Violet Ace arriving into Baltimore April 16th. Teaching me a lesson in patience...
I got the exact same dates, and I am in the exact same situation!

EDIT: Thanks for posting this schedule; I’ve been looking for the updated schedule for a few days now. I think I should be waiting for my car to load onto EMDEN at the end of this month.

Last edited by PSPorsche; 03-15-2024 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-15-2024, 12:03 PM
Carrera-T
Rennlist Member

Received 514 Likes on 226 Posts

Is anyone else seeing “Not Available” for step 8 and beyond in the web based Track Your Dream?

I’ve been at port since 2/29 and headed to Davisville. Hoping I get on the Siem Cicero when she departs Emden today or tomorrow. I believe emails blast when the ship leaves port.

PVMS from my SA predicts departure today and Davisville on 3/29, but this not available status worries me….

See my screen status below.

whatsshakin (03-15-2024)
Old 03-15-2024, 12:05 PM
zanary
Racer

Received 379 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by pgap718
Damnnnn, what dealer is charging you an $85k markup?!? Have you bought from them before?
He's a broker, so I would guess he's splitting the $85K between the dealer and himself. I wonder if you can go directly to the dealer and negotiate a deal yourself without the broker...
whatsshakin (03-15-2024)
Old 03-15-2024, 12:06 PM
pbenson1
Track Day

Originally Posted by Carrera-T
Is anyone else seeing “Not Available” for step 8 and beyond in the web based Track Your Dream?

I’ve been at port since 2/29 and headed to Davisville. Hoping I get on the Siem Cicero when she departs Emden today or tomorrow. I believe emails blast when the ship leaves port.

PVMS from my SA predicts departure today and Davisville on 3/29, but this not available status worries me….

ohhhhhh yeah. Mine too have been showing "not available" for quite some time. Last step that's actually populated is the same as you have there...the date it arrived in Emden. Only solution has been reaching out to my SA. They have more data firepower on their end.
whatsshakin (03-15-2024)
Old 03-15-2024, 12:26 PM
Carrera-T
Rennlist Member

Received 514 Likes on 226 Posts

What update did your SA provide? Mine says the PVMS shows departing today on 3/15 and arriving in Davisville on 3/29. Amazing that TYD is always broken.

ohhhhhh yeah. Mine too have been showing "not available" for quite some time. Last step that's actually populated is the same as you have there...the date it arrived in Emden. Only solution has been reaching out to my SA. They have more data firepower on their end.
Old 03-15-2024, 12:35 PM
whatsshakin
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 35 Posts

Mine looks identical. Reached Emden today 3/15 and the rest of the milestones flipped to "Not Available."

Looks like we're in for a couple week wait for the Violet Ace.
Old 03-15-2024, 12:38 PM
ajhun9
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you getting your delivery estimate from your SA or from TYD?
Old 03-15-2024, 12:41 PM
PSPorsche
Racer

Received 240 Likes on 160 Posts

I’m happy and hopeful for you.

But why is my car, which was completed before your’s on 1/15, still sitting at the port with a revised projected load date of 3/30 to Davisville?

The only explanation I can think of is: The older cars are at the back of the lot, so they need to load and ship out the newer ones in order to get to the ones in the back.
Marin Vizsla (03-15-2024)
Old 03-15-2024, 12:42 PM
pbenson1
Track Day

Originally Posted by ajhun9
Are you getting your delivery estimate from your SA or from TYD?
SA. TYD has been dead for me since January with future milestones all showing “not available.”
PSPorsche (03-15-2024)
Old 03-15-2024, 01:54 PM
ajhun9
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

SA. TYD has been dead for me since January with future milestones all showing “not available.”
I spoke to the sales mgr at my dealer. He said the estimated ship date is listed as 3/29 with delivery into Baltimore around 4/9-4/10. Then said it will take around 2 weeks to get to the dealership. Then need to ship it to myself in TX since they can't (or won't) do a courtesy delivery. Doesn't match up with any ships so the dates will slide if Violet Ace is correct on the latest schedule. He also said his system is showing that the chip repair has been completed - hope that's correct. This whole thing has left a very bad taste in my mouth with Porsche as a brand. First, the general arrogance of dealerships in securing a vehicle (esp in TX) and now the "is what it is" attitude about a multiple month delay. I know - no one cares and I can only really voice my vote with my dollars.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!