Sponsored by:

Delivery C4S - love it!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 04:46 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 688 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Jkb545
The drone is a nuisance for sure. In my Macan GTS, I turn on PSE only with spirited driving (sport or sport plus). At steady speeds when the drone is audible, sport or sport plus is pointless and I switch to normal mode. It would be nice if the drone was not there, but that’s my approach around it.
I think every vehicle (Macan, Cayenne, 911() is a bit different when it comes to PSE, but before I sold my 2017 991.2 with PSE, I test drove a used 991.2 with a base exhaust and the drone was much less noticeable. In addition, the noise outside the car at idle was much lower. I noticed the C4S with PSE I drove last week was quieter at idle when standing outside the car that my car was (with PSE). After reading this thread, I won't be ordering any car until I've had a chance to test drive it with the exhaust system I'm selecting.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:59 PM
Sebvelez
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
So nice to start seeing these wonderful cars being delivered into new owners hands. And especially nice to see the trolls/haters have stop posting in the 992 Forum. Enjoy!
Hell yes
The following users liked this post:
carson2 (10-10-2019)
Old 10-08-2019, 12:05 AM
Garydose
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Love the colour, wood, brown leather and standard quad tip exhaust is a nice touch.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:42 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Sun

Poor evicted Tesla in the background

Interior looks best at night.
The first picture of this beautiful car reminded me a bit for the first time of an old long hood.. as the hood reaches into the top of the front bumper. I kinda like it more.

Great color and congrats!
Old 10-08-2019, 02:45 AM
moomin
Instructor

Received 183 Likes on 74 Posts

I thought if you don't turn on the PSE it's the same sound/drone as having the base exhaust?
Old 10-08-2019, 11:47 AM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 688 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by moomin
I thought if you don't turn on the PSE it's the same sound/drone as having the base exhaust?
On the 991.2, the exterior sound with the PSE on was loud and the interior "drone" was a bit quieter. With PSE off, the car was quieter outside, but increased drone in the interior. I test drove a base C2 (991.2) and found the exhaust to be quieter both inside and outside the car.

So, far, my testing of a 992 C4S shows an exhaust that has less interior drone, but I need to take a second drive as the PDK does a good job of upshifting quickly in regular driving and keeping the RPMs under 2,000 - which is the point at which my old car's exhaust started to drone.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:21 PM
Sole_
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts

What is it about the Comfort Access that you find useless? I have been reading mixed reviews and never really got a concrete answer, my order is almost locked in and wouldn't mind saving money where I can.

PS. Gorgeous car!
Old 10-08-2019, 05:38 PM
kayleia
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Sole_
What is it about the Comfort Access that you find useless? I have been reading mixed reviews and never really got a concrete answer, my order is almost locked in and wouldn't mind saving money where I can.

PS. Gorgeous car!
The deal with comfort access is that it works ... most of the time. I've had the car for a few weeks now, and I'd say comfort access works about 90% of the time for me. But the times it doesn't work, you feel like an idiot as you stand there (in the rain) trying to get it to open or lock, it doesn't, and then you have to fish for your keys and you wonder why you paid for it.
The following 2 users liked this post by kayleia:
Ondines911 (10-10-2019), phefner (10-08-2019)
Old 10-08-2019, 05:45 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,019 Likes on 1,268 Posts

You got the color right!!

Outstanding looking new ride.
Old 10-10-2019, 12:10 AM
jjl
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Beautiful car, congrats. Did you consider GT Silver w the truffle brown interior? tough choice between Dolomite and GT Silver w the truffle brown interior.
Old 10-10-2019, 01:30 AM
Nick Sun
AutoX

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jjl
Beautiful car, congrats. Did you consider GT Silver w the truffle brown interior? tough choice between Dolomite and GT Silver w the truffle brown interior.
I’m torn about it. I love the GT Silver and I was looking at the Dolomite as part of the marketing push - looked great! What drove my decision was that GT Silver is extremely popular and I wanted to have a unique combination. If I had to do it again, I’d stick with my decision but I love GT Silver just a bit more.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:47 AM
jjl
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Sun
I’m torn about it. I love the GT Silver and I was looking at the Dolomite as part of the marketing push - looked great! What drove my decision was that GT Silver is extremely popular and I wanted to have a unique combination. If I had to do it again, I’d stick with my decision but I love GT Silver just a bit more.
Right I think the silver being used in some of Porsche's marketing for the 992 is Dolomite since it's a new color, but it's very difficult to tell the difference in pics. I think overall it's lighter and reads a little blue whereas GT is warmer and a little darker. In sunlight Dolomite looks a little washed out in pics, but I haven't seen one in person yet. Always thought GT Silver/brown was a classic combo, but I understand going with the combo being used in the marketing push.

Quick Reply: Delivery C4S - love it!