Sponsored by:

How’s your buckle hanging?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 12:37 PM
BIGWORM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,055 Likes on 531 Posts

Originally Posted by but did you die
Here is what I learned while inspecting every 992 on the showroom at Porsche San Diego a couple weeks ago....both coupes and cabrios. The coupes ALL had the half twist, the cabrios do not! The reasoning for this likely has something to do with the anchoring points on the pillars - which is obviously different for coupes than cabrios. The coupes have an angled receptacle relative to the driver while the cabrios is completely flat or perpendicular to the driver. So coupes = half twist, cabrios = no twist. Either way, my cabrio was installed with a twist (like the coupe) and Porsche corrected it. Not sure if they will flip it for the coupes as that appears to be the way it was designed. Crazy ****...never had to think so much about seat belts in a car LOL

Oh good to know. Thank you. And I know! LOL! The **** we all notice and talk about....lol! I mean I would have asked too if I had noticed this first.
Old 03-12-2024, 11:03 PM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I just checked this -
passenger side is all good
driver side has this odd twist at the bottom so I flipped the buckle so it lays flat but now top is twisted and doesn’t look like it lays flat against top of my shoulder

Old 03-13-2024, 04:09 AM
Jim Wilke
Instructor

Received 221 Likes on 79 Posts

I still don't understand why Porsche doesn't put a rubber guard on the outside of the buckle to soak up the noise.

Quick Reply: How’s your buckle hanging?