Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 04:19 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,047 Likes on 625 Posts
Default Test drove a C4S today

This car:
https://www.porschebeachwood.com/inv...&_transclass=1

Somehow, it seemed very much bigger than my 991.2 to me. Some of that is just newness, I'm sure but it seemed like a significantly larger car from the driver's seat. Very fast coming from an unmodified base 991.2 C4. I didn't go over 4000 RPM since it's brand new but 3500-4000 in 2nd was very quick.

Strangely, I did not feel that "I gotta have one of these" I usually get when a new model appears (except 993->996). It's very nice with the TFT screens and such, but on the drive home my little cab felt very cozy. I'm working up a build to see what kind of deal is there, but if the numbers don't work I won't feel too badly about it.

Gentian is a nice blue but I would order Aventurine. It's not quite Oak Green Metallic, but it looks green enough in the sun for me. Porsche, why hast thou forsaken dark greens???

Anyone looking for a MT, it's a nice build. I work with Brad but I don't think he's active on here. Good guy though.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:13 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 943 Likes on 540 Posts

agree with you
I have driven the car on two different occasions few months apart , and liked it but not loved it like I want one
not sure what is the reason as the test drives were few miles each . Though my son who is a very experienced driver loved it
but planning on give it another look in couple of months
Old 06-30-2020, 07:36 PM
Hp12c
Racer

Received 226 Likes on 126 Posts

I wonder what the actual interior dimensions are vs. a 991.2... I feel like the car has almost identical dimensions inside and out (when comparing a 991.2 wide body to the now standard wide body) but the very different center console or dash might be playing tricks on us.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:54 PM
ant922599
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 57 Posts

I have no agenda, and we all like what we like, BUT..... my experience has been that this car takes a bit of time to reveal itself.

I'm now on 3,500 miles (since Dec '19) and I'm finding the car quicker (genuinely), louder, more communicative as I've got more used to it.

It also takes a bit of time to get seated correctly (in the 18-ways at least) and once you get the combo of your position in the car and becoming in tune with the dynamics, the car comes alive when you want it and blunts everything off when you don't.

Each to their own (or as you guys say, to each your own!)....
Old 06-30-2020, 07:56 PM
carsrmyvice
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey man I think I seen you around TRF maybe

I had a 2013 c2 and recently picked up a 2020 c2 and am extremely happy so far. I probably wouldn’t be in a rush if I still had the 991 but I sincerely prefer the 992. Not sure it’s all that much bigger but I hear you new cars always feel bigger and usually are. I couldn’t get anywhere with beechwood on price so I moved on. They quoted me MSRP and 2k under blue book on a lot c2. I ended up getting blue book and 6% which I was satisfied with.
Old 06-30-2020, 11:46 PM
Crester
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
This car:
https://www.porschebeachwood.com/inv...&_transclass=1

Somehow, it seemed very much bigger than my 991.2 to me. Some of that is just newness, I'm sure but it seemed like a significantly larger car from the driver's seat. Very fast coming from an unmodified base 991.2 C4. I didn't go over 4000 RPM since it's brand new but 3500-4000 in 2nd was very quick.

Strangely, I did not feel that "I gotta have one of these" I usually get when a new model appears (except 993->996). It's very nice with the TFT screens and such, but on the drive home my little cab felt very cozy. I'm working up a build to see what kind of deal is there, but if the numbers don't work I won't feel too badly about it.

Gentian is a nice blue but I would order Aventurine. It's not quite Oak Green Metallic, but it looks green enough in the sun for me. Porsche, why hast thou forsaken dark greens???

Anyone looking for a MT, it's a nice build. I work with Brad but I don't think he's active on here. Good guy though.
Sounds like you're just trying to justify your current car. I drove a 992 C2S and in comparison to the 991 it's more modern... has a better sounding engine... more engaging to drive... better performance and has all the latest technology.

You don't have to justify your purchase by talking down the newer car. They are both good vehicles.
Old 06-30-2020, 11:47 PM
Crester
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Hp12c
I wonder what the actual interior dimensions are vs. a 991.2... I feel like the car has almost identical dimensions inside and out (when comparing a 991.2 wide body to the now standard wide body) but the very different center console or dash might be playing tricks on us.
I think that's exactly what it is... the shape of the dash makes the new one feels like it has more room inside.

Quick Reply: Test drove a C4S today