Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2024, 01:53 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 4,841 Likes on 1,723 Posts

Originally Posted by 20C4S
I find it hard to believe just from the words coming from the engineering team. At the end of the day, they will say whatever to sell you stuff, stuff you might think you need but you don't. Ultimately it's down to getting your hands behind the wheel to tell the differences and decide if you need it. The best comparison to date for me is Matt, the Smoking Tire's recent video of driving the S/T & GT3 back to back. For normal street use even including some canyon driving, it's down to how much effort you want to put in and what driving means to you. Follow your heart when making the choice.
I think they have to emphasize weight since all other GT cars have RAS and they can't say something that could be construed as negative.

The RAS decision is very simple: if you want a more pure driving experience (more rear bias and analog), skip RAS. If you want optimal performance for track and/or if you like the newest in tech, check the box. It's an Apple iWatch vs Rolex decision: both great but very different.
The following 6 users liked this post by Wilder:
Barkat03 (02-27-2024), Cartod (03-01-2024), Devon Racer (02-27-2024), FloraFauna (02-28-2024), jkampingafw (02-27-2024), KWPA (02-27-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-27-2024, 01:57 PM
jkampingafw
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 23 Posts

I am also torn btw these 2 vanity plates:

Old 02-27-2024, 04:46 PM
SapphireBlue981S
Instructor

Received 304 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Biohazard
This is what I may end up doing at some point. I think we can do stage 2 with the cats.
Yes, check this tuning thread. I read it today (from most recent post in reverse) and am ready to make my T an unTamed stage 2 beast!

Old 02-27-2024, 06:10 PM
kilyung
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Greetings! I'm new to Porsche and am eagerly awaiting a new 2024 911T. As with most folks, I spent a lot of time on the configurator. Sharing one's build seems to be popular so here's mine:

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRBLQAS0

I have no Porsche buying history so I initially looked at the used market but couldn't find exactly what I wanted. I wasn't going to settle on my first Porsche so I'm building one! I knew I wanted a 911 after having had opportunities to drive a fully optioned 997.2 Turbo S, a 992 T, and a GT4. My car is going to be used for fair weather weekend drives around Denver.

I knew I wanted a RWD, MT, CF roof, and LWBS but those options ruled out the Base or S. I had no luck with a GTS or GT allocation but found a dealer with a T allocation no ADM.

What and Why:
Black paint - I would have liked PTS but didn't want to spend anything on paint. It also matches my 2018 Triumph Bobber Black.
ED wheels - I opted for the lighter forged silver wheels. Does anyone know the weight difference from stock?
LWBS - I enjoyed test driving the T w/ LWBS more than I did the plush Turbo S. I also don't mind the 15.4lbs weight savings.
SD package - I didn't want active aero... just another thing to break. I like the rear SD bumper to boot.
Puddle lights - Cheap.
No roof prep - As cheap as it is, I wanted a clean roof.
CF roof - This was purely an aesthetic choice. The 2.2lbs savings wasn't a factor.
Decal removal and model badging - Another aesthetic choice.
FAL - This is a must for where I live and some of the communities I drive through.
RAS - High speed stability felt good and my driveway is tight. The added 14.3lbs is offset by the LWBS + CF roof (hahaha).
Ext tank - I'd rather be driving than fueling up and it doesn't sound like there's a weight savings.
MT - I like the driving engagement of a manual.
ED taillights - This was an aesthetic choice.
Folding mirrors - I have a narrow garage door.
Leather interior - Basic T interior didn't feel special so I opted for leather and stitching/belt in GR. Didn't go nuts with extended leather though.
Fire extinguisher - I'm going to remove the extinguisher and just use the bracket to hold my red Yeti water bottle.
Central tach - I wanted the tach as a focal point so went GR. Opted to forgo the chrono though.
LCA - As a motorcyclist, I like LCA on cars as it reminds me they may not see me. So I selected this less for me and more for the drivers around me.
SV - I find surround view useful when parallel parking to avoid curb rash.
Dashcam - I'll use the prewires to install dashcams front/rear.
Ambient light - The black interior is really dark so this will help lighten up the interior at night.
Bose - Self-explanatory.
NCO - I picked up all the no charge options because why not.

I placed my order on 1/4/24. My CFP was 2/14/24 and build start is 3/12/24 with a delivery date of 4/28/24.

I'm aware that for the optioned price I could have gotten a GTS (still another $20k similarly equipped) but as I said I couldn't get an allocation. Besides, I don't think there's enough runway to use that extra power. My previous mountain runner was a Subaru WRX STI which weighed more and had less power than the T but was a blast to drive. If I ever want more power, then I'll just get a tune or upgrade the turbos + tune. As my first 911, I think this will keep me happy for a long time and I'll gift it to my son (who helped with my build choices) when I'm ready for my next 911. Thanks for reading my long intro!
The following 9 users liked this post by kilyung:
6sigma (02-28-2024), arrivederci (02-27-2024), Barkat03 (02-27-2024), CJDCREW (02-28-2024), KWPA (02-27-2024), Macboy (02-29-2024), masmole (02-27-2024), mitchs_996 (02-27-2024), Will Motivation (02-28-2024) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-27-2024, 06:17 PM
masmole
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 90 Posts

Great build! manual, CF roof, buckets, and ED wheels on black car = chef's kiss!
The following 2 users liked this post by masmole:
Cartod (03-01-2024), KWPA (02-27-2024)
Old 02-27-2024, 06:52 PM
Daytona67
Advanced

Received 75 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by kilyung
Greetings! I'm new to Porsche and am eagerly awaiting a new 2024 911T. As with most folks, I spent a lot of time on the configurator. Sharing one's build seems to be popular so here's mine:

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRBLQAS0

I have no Porsche buying history so I initially looked at the used market but couldn't find exactly what I wanted. I wasn't going to settle on my first Porsche so I'm building one! I knew I wanted a 911 after having had opportunities to drive a fully optioned 997.2 Turbo S, a 992 T, and a GT4. My car is going to be used for fair weather weekend drives around Denver.

I knew I wanted a RWD, MT, CF roof, and LWBS but those options ruled out the Base or S. I had no luck with a GTS or GT allocation but found a dealer with a T allocation no ADM.

What and Why:
Black paint - I would have liked PTS but didn't want to spend anything on paint. It also matches my 2018 Triumph Bobber Black.
ED wheels - I opted for the lighter forged silver wheels. Does anyone know the weight difference from stock?
LWBS - I enjoyed test driving the T w/ LWBS more than I did the plush Turbo S. I also don't mind the 15.4lbs weight savings.
SD package - I didn't want active aero... just another thing to break. I like the rear SD bumper to boot.
Puddle lights - Cheap.
No roof prep - As cheap as it is, I wanted a clean roof.
CF roof - This was purely an aesthetic choice. The 2.2lbs savings wasn't a factor.
Decal removal and model badging - Another aesthetic choice.
FAL - This is a must for where I live and some of the communities I drive through.
RAS - High speed stability felt good and my driveway is tight. The added 14.3lbs is offset by the LWBS + CF roof (hahaha).
Ext tank - I'd rather be driving than fueling up and it doesn't sound like there's a weight savings.
MT - I like the driving engagement of a manual.
ED taillights - This was an aesthetic choice.
Folding mirrors - I have a narrow garage door.
Leather interior - Basic T interior didn't feel special so I opted for leather and stitching/belt in GR. Didn't go nuts with extended leather though.
Fire extinguisher - I'm going to remove the extinguisher and just use the bracket to hold my red Yeti water bottle.
Central tach - I wanted the tach as a focal point so went GR. Opted to forgo the chrono though.
LCA - As a motorcyclist, I like LCA on cars as it reminds me they may not see me. So I selected this less for me and more for the drivers around me.
SV - I find surround view useful when parallel parking to avoid curb rash.
Dashcam - I'll use the prewires to install dashcams front/rear.
Ambient light - The black interior is really dark so this will help lighten up the interior at night.
Bose - Self-explanatory.
NCO - I picked up all the no charge options because why not.

I placed my order on 1/4/24. My CFP was 2/14/24 and build start is 3/12/24 with a delivery date of 4/28/24.

I'm aware that for the optioned price I could have gotten a GTS (still another $20k similarly equipped) but as I said I couldn't get an allocation. Besides, I don't think there's enough runway to use that extra power. My previous mountain runner was a Subaru WRX STI which weighed more and had less power than the T but was a blast to drive. If I ever want more power, then I'll just get a tune or upgrade the turbos + tune. As my first 911, I think this will keep me happy for a long time and I'll gift it to my son (who helped with my build choices) when I'm ready for my next 911. Thanks for reading my long intro!
Sweet build - congratulations!
The following users liked this post:
KWPA (02-27-2024)
Old 02-27-2024, 08:04 PM
Toothengineer
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by SapphireBlue981S
I’ve been considering a ME stage 1 and Soul 200 cell cats for months now. Potential warranty issues are my only concern.
My service providers here said it would only be an issue if got the engine to blow with the tune on.

Can always remove the tune prior to service as well.
Old 02-27-2024, 09:20 PM
TUD
Rennlist Member

Received 1,316 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by jkampingafw
I am also torn btw these 2 vanity plates:
@jkampingafw I see that you briefly owned a 992 T before… https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1357774#post18919648 Just curious if you are going with a manual this time around?
Old 02-27-2024, 09:38 PM
Dream in PTS
Pro

Received 846 Likes on 389 Posts

Black paint - I would have liked PTS but didn't want to spend anything on paint.
PAG helped make this an easy decision for you.
Old 02-28-2024, 03:42 AM
jkampingafw
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TUD
@jkampingafw I see that you briefly owned a 992 T before… https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1357774#post18919648 Just curious if you are going with a manual this time around?
PDK
Old 02-28-2024, 08:30 AM
reloader-1
Rennlist Member

Received 417 Likes on 120 Posts

What and Why:
Black paint - Good, but don’t do interior trim in black. Mismatch
No roof prep - As cheap as it is, I wanted a clean roof. This doesn’t change your roof. Add it back if desired, literally 4 steel brackets under weatherstripping.
FAL - This is a must for where I live and some of the communities I drive through. Have yet to meet a 911 driver that actually needs this. Adds weight and complexity, jarring on your build which is so clean.
RAS - High speed stability felt good and my driveway is tight. The added 14.3lbs is offset by the LWBS + CF roof (hahaha). The other option I’d delete, jarring on your build. Think S/T vs GT3.
Ext tank - I'd rather be driving than fueling up and it doesn't sound like there's a weight savings. There is a weight savings, you mention fair weather driving. Significant (50%) weight penalty of fuel and the tank itself weighs more, marginally.
Thoughts in quote, bolded. Good build!
The following 2 users liked this post by reloader-1:
Cartod (03-01-2024), KWPA (02-28-2024)
Old 02-28-2024, 01:28 PM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

Received 1,754 Likes on 705 Posts

For you all you guys waiting to receive your cars.

Here's something to whet your appetite...

Not much to translate from the German, anyway you get the idea

Last edited by Barkat03; 02-28-2024 at 01:32 PM.
The following 7 users liked this post by Barkat03:
ECNJ (02-28-2024), Green_Tea (02-29-2024), Macboy (02-29-2024), mitchs_996 (02-28-2024), timothymoffat (02-29-2024), Toothengineer (02-28-2024), Vernin (03-06-2024) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-28-2024, 02:06 PM
Will Motivation
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Barkat03
For you all you guys waiting to receive your cars.

Here's something to whet your appetite...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bUblmiK7JQ

Not much to translate from the German, anyway you get the idea
That was enjoyable
Old 02-28-2024, 05:19 PM
kilyung
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by reloader-1
Black paint - Good, but don’t do interior trim in black. Mismatch
No roof prep - As cheap as it is, I wanted a clean roof. This doesn’t change your roof. Add it back if desired, literally 4 steel brackets under weatherstripping.
FAL - This is a must for where I live and some of the communities I drive through. Have yet to meet a 911 driver that actually needs this. Adds weight and complexity, jarring on your build which is so clean.
RAS - High speed stability felt good and my driveway is tight. The added 14.3lbs is offset by the LWBS + CF roof (hahaha). The other option I’d delete, jarring on your build. Think S/T vs GT3.
Ext tank - I'd rather be driving than fueling up and it doesn't sound like there's a weight savings. There is a weight savings, you mention fair weather driving. Significant (50%) weight penalty of fuel and the tank itself weighs more, marginally.
Really appreciate your thoughts! I'm still reading through this huge thread but I had carefully considered all the great points you made.

Had I been able to get a GTS allocation, then the exterior and interior colors would have been very different. As it is, of the free colors I like black best (for my first 911). For the interior I selected GR belts and GR deviated stitching to help break up the blackness. I'm also looking at plaid or Pepita seat inserts.

On the roof prep, if I go skiing/biking or any other activity that requires a rack I'll always jump into my Yukon Denali. Besides there are some nice suction cup attachments that are more universal - I have a set of Audi S8 ski racks that I can't get rid of since selling the car (if anyone is interested hmu).

FAL/RAS came on/off my build multiple times. The added weight and complexity weren't very attractive but I'm dealing with a 90degree entry into the garage [RAS benefit] and (sometimes rained out) crushed gravel roads [FAL benefit]. If not for those considerations, I would have left these off the build.

As for the external tank, my understanding is that the tank is the same but there's an internal baffle removed for the extended tank. So the tank itself doesn't add weight as much as the added fuel does. It's a 300mi drive (with some detours) between Denver and my favorite mountain destination of Aspen. I'll just be sure to work off as much gas as possible leaving Denver before getting to the twisties.
The following users liked this post:
mitchs_996 (02-28-2024)
Old 02-28-2024, 06:37 PM
ECNJ
Burning Brakes

Received 2,245 Likes on 781 Posts

As it is, of the free colors I like black best (for my first 911). For the interior I selected GR belts and GR deviated stitching to help break up the blackness.
Yeah, black is best. 😉 It looks gr8 in person. If garaged like mine, stays pretty clean with double layers of ceramic coat. The T brake dust, another story. I don’t comment on peep’s builds often, but don’t u also want to get the clock in red (not just tach)? Love how the guards red dial goes from bright red in the sun to a dark deep red in shade. Congrats on ur T!

The following 2 users liked this post by ECNJ:
dreamin11 (02-29-2024), Vernin (03-06-2024)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club