Sponsored by:

Cab rear window problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2021, 10:02 PM
patentguy
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Cab rear window problem

Some times when raising the convertible top, the right rear window will not fully raise, thus causing the front windows not to go up. I then try to raise the rear window with the switches, and it comes up partially and then goes back down. I can only get the window up by repeatedly hitting the up switch for repeated short bursts so that the window eventually gets to the fully raised position. Then, the front windows can be raised.

Anyone else with a Cab have this issue. What is the fix?
Old 09-30-2021, 08:58 AM
Richard V
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

21 cab s here, had a similar issue. Turns out the seal wasn't right. Dealer replaced the seal and the little glass triangle. No more problem. fyi
Old 09-30-2021, 09:02 AM
patentguy
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 61 Posts

Thanks. I'll live with it until the 10000 mile service.
Old 09-30-2021, 10:51 AM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,629 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by patentguy
Thanks. I'll live with it until the 10000 mile service.
Wow! Your should change your user name to Patientguy - you are far more at peace with yourself than I am.
Old 09-30-2021, 11:19 AM
breny4104
Rennlist Member

Received 448 Likes on 279 Posts

Just curious, don't the window limits need to be defined/programmed via a procedure in the Owners Manual? Wonder if that is the issue?
Old 09-30-2021, 10:56 PM
AG1
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 9 Posts

Had same/similar issue. Turned out the passenger door was applying too much pressure when closed. When the triangle window sensed the pressure half way up it would go back down. I had to open the passenger door and then it worked fine. I took it to the dealership and they recalibrated the window and I haven't had an issues since.

Old 09-30-2021, 11:33 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

I occasionally have the same problem in my older 991 cab. Quickly discovered it's a seal issue. The window is catching the seal and the "pinch protection" feature stops the window from going up and brings it back down. Simple solution for me - With the window down, I spray seal lubricant down into the channel at the rear of the window. I then bring the window up and down a few times and everything works like a charm. btw, when raising the window, do it in small, short increments. Don't use the one-touch up feature.
Old 03-20-2024, 01:38 PM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hinckley
I occasionally have the same problem in my older 991 cab. Quickly discovered it's a seal issue. The window is catching the seal and the "pinch protection" feature stops the window from going up and brings it back down. Simple solution for me - With the window down, I spray seal lubricant down into the channel at the rear of the window. I then bring the window up and down a few times and everything works like a charm. btw, when raising the window, do it in small, short increments. Don't use the one-touch up feature.
Did this permanently solve the problem or did you eventually have to replace the regulator?

Quick Reply: Cab rear window problem