Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help With Another Color Choice

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2022, 10:18 AM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

Received 378 Likes on 220 Posts

I think the RY dials work with the Gent Blue, but not the RY stitching. IMO, the stitching should tie into a major element in the car, either the seats, or the body.
Old 07-03-2022, 10:27 AM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Received 799 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by bingjeep
I like the look of the deviated color on the chalk slate interior! Thanks
You can thank Nick Murray for that
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=De3MQ-eQVsU

and I hate to say it, I don’t think it is a good option with other interior colors. I’ve seen some scary pictures on here….
Old 07-03-2022, 10:54 AM
kgs365
Racer

Received 159 Likes on 80 Posts

I had a Speed Yellow Boxster with a Metropolis Blue top and interior ...i miss that car, the color combo garnered a lot of positive comments, and you always had perma grin when looking at it ...go for it
Old 07-03-2022, 11:07 AM
tomingrassia
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 49 Posts

I have an allocation for a Carrera S that I need to turn in next week. It is for a 2022. I am really struggling on color and options. My wife loves Racing Yellow and I must admit it does look nice but being an older retired person I am not sure I could drive a yellow car? The other option is Gentian Blue. Wife says it is ok, I really like it. The two builds are below and I would appreciate any advise. Both builds have deviated yellow stitching which I know would look great on the RY build, not sure on the Gentian particularly because of the Chalk Seats. Any other feedback on the builds would be really helpful. This will be my 7th Porsche but my first time ordering exactly what I want. Thanks

Racing Yellow http://www.porsche-code.com/PP1MM5I5
Gentian Blue http://www.porsche-code.com/PP2WC1J1
Of color is personal but here is what i went through:
I was in the same boat.....I wanted a stand out color but red and yellow ang green were too much.

I really wanted a 2 tone interior. Once I saw bordeau with black, I knew that was it. Now comes exterior color. Because of the interior which was now my highest priority, I chose carerra white with turbo s wheels which are black and chrome. Bar left silver.

I am 60 so I have a bit of a want for classy vs brashy.

My 4S gets built this week!
The following users liked this post:
Peter992 (07-03-2022)
Old 07-03-2022, 04:45 PM
bingjeep
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

I love that, classy vs brashy. If I was younger I would do the yellow, or if it was an air cooled 993 or 964, but at this point in my life the Gentian Blue with Chalk/Slate Gray seems like the best choice. I do like the thought of the RY gauges that OliverK68 suggested to introduce a little color. What about yellow belts? Too much?
WCGhost (07-11-2022)
Old 07-03-2022, 05:27 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 620 Likes on 250 Posts

I love that, classy vs brashy. If I was younger I would do the yellow, or if it was an air cooled 993 or 964, but at this point in my life the Gentian Blue with Chalk/Slate Gray seems like the best choice. I do like the thought of the RY gauges that OliverK68 suggested to introduce a little color. What about yellow belts? Too much?
The first thing that stood out worse than any color was those dials and belts . They would be toast on either car. Both cars are nice but I prefer the Gentian . With the yellow it has to have ceramics . The red calipers would be Ronald Mcdonald's car .
Old 07-03-2022, 05:55 PM
tomingrassia
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by yrralis1
The first thing that stood out worse than any color was those dials and belts . They would be toast on either car. Both cars are nice but I prefer the Gentian . With the yellow it has to have ceramics . The red calipers would be Ronald Mcdonald's car .
or have them painted black
yrralis1 (07-03-2022)
Old 07-03-2022, 08:51 PM
NA011
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Yellow

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgorz...h=5947e7ea2af1
Mr Bean (07-06-2022)
Old 07-03-2022, 09:27 PM
bingjeep
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the Nick Murray link. I just spent a few hours watching some of his videos and it was very informative and fun to watch!
doug_999 (07-05-2022)
Old 07-04-2022, 09:04 AM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 623 Likes on 402 Posts

Since you've noodled around with the Gentian Blue and slate/chalk interior, you'd love it. Of course I am partial because that is the combo I have. Cabriolet, so the interior gets 'shown off' a bit more than a coupe.

It is very classy, "rich", and yet sporty and timeless all in the same breath. Yellow isn't for me and instantly brings me to the yellow Corvette guys that overpopulate SW Florida on Sunday mornings

Get what you want to get and you'll be fine. This isn't someone else's car...and (not stealing Nick's comment on youtube) there are white, black, and gray cars EVERYWHERE you look out there, so why not have some pop!?!?
bingjeep (07-04-2022)
Old 07-04-2022, 12:39 PM
bingjeep
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the advice and I will be sure to watch for your Gentian cab when I am in Naples this winter. Maybe on 5th Avenue?
PHX (07-04-2022)
Old 07-04-2022, 03:27 PM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 623 Likes on 402 Posts

Thanks for the advice and I will be sure to watch for your Gentian cab when I am in Naples this winter. Maybe on 5th Avenue?
Sounds like a plan! We dabble down there about once a month (and feel like we are driving a Camry with all the Lambos, Rolls, Bentleys, and Ferraris ).
bingjeep (07-04-2022)
Old 07-05-2022, 01:01 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,699 Likes on 904 Posts

I have Gentian Blue so I am biased towards that.

NA011 (07-13-2022)
Old 07-05-2022, 01:12 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,699 Likes on 904 Posts

As to the interior color issues. I have black w/ chalk stitching and chalk deviated seat centers. I also have the tach and chrono dials in chalk and it looks good. I wish I had done the belts too.

As for you. Yes, the PCCB calipers, the seat belts and the (tach or chrono - don't do both and do the chrono) in yellow are great calls. But I think the yellow stitching on chalk seats is a waste. I personally would do black interior and then the yellow stitching for the motif you are going for. ALSO I would drop the body colored side skirts, you won't notice it on the dark exterior. IMHO.

If I had to do it all over again and could go nuts on interior it would be. Exclusive Manufaktur interior in Black/Chalk (because I like the chalk seats and black wheel/dash/doors/carpet), and then deviated guards red stitching, guards red belts, red tach. And standard red brakes or if going PCCB, black calipers. But I would do that on a chalk exterior. I think the chalk seats with deviated red stitching would look fantastic.
bingjeep (07-05-2022)
Old 07-05-2022, 08:09 PM
bingjeep
Rennlist Member

Thank you for all of the help configuring my new 992. I have to send it to my SA tomorrow and I wanted to share what I am planning to send. I do have a few questions and comments I would like to share with all that helped with their comments. Thanks for all of the help and I hope I can return the same if I can.

1) I did consider the Exclusive Leather in Black/Chalk but am concerned with the price and the inclusion of Sports Seat Plus which I believe would make it harder to get in and out of the car.
2) I struggled with 7 speed vs PDK and in the end went with PDK but still not convinced that is the best choice.
3) Added Painted Interior Trim to add some color without making it too busy. Loved the thought of yellow belts but ultimately went with Chalk belts.
4) Went with Extended Dashboard in Leather mainly to get the leather on the Sport Chrono along with the chalk stitching.
5) Selected Adaptive Cruise but I have heard many negative comments about it.
6) Still considering Deviated Seat Centers in Slate Grey.

Thanks again!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPYB27H0

PHX (07-05-2022)

Quick Reply: Help With Another Color Choice