Sponsored by:

Super Clean MagSafe iPhone Charger...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2024, 04:43 PM
pbcsd
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by fishpigkb
found a guy on RL who was 3d printing a magsafe holder. when I contacted him he had since sold his car and stopped printing it but sold me the one he had in his own car. i can't help anyone with it, just posting to make you jealous.

How did you pry off the existing plastic piece? Easy enough to run the wire afterwards?
Old 03-29-2024, 01:49 PM
pbcsd
Racer

Originally Posted by fishpigkb
found a guy on RL who was 3d printing a magsafe holder. when I contacted him he had since sold his car and stopped printing it but sold me the one he had in his own car. i can't help anyone with it, just posting to make you jealous.

Thanks for this. Made a similar 3D print. Hate that you have to drill into the gesrshift trim. But guess if I ever wanted to remove it it’s an $80 piece from Suncoast.

Still need to tweak it a bit. Maybe sand, prime and paint.

Last edited by pbcsd; 03-29-2024 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-29-2024, 04:06 PM
DriveToSurvive
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

After reading some of the earlier negative reviews, I went with this option. It arrives this weekend so I will keep everyone updated on how it works once I get it installed. I like the price, overall look, and symmetry of this version over the other one originally posted. Hopefully it’s a winner.

Kaizen MagSafe Charger
Old 03-29-2024, 06:44 PM
null
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by DriveToSurvive
After reading some of the earlier negative reviews, I went with this option. It arrives this weekend so I will keep everyone updated on how it works once I get it installed. I like the price, overall look, and symmetry of this version over the other one originally posted. Hopefully it’s a winner.

Kaizen MagSafe Charger
My only issue with it, which kept from buying it, is the way it sits in the console. From the install videos, it appears loose, and requires double sided tape to keep it in place. Would prefer if it snapped into place, securely.

Curious how it ends up working out for you if you get it installed and want to share...
Old 03-29-2024, 09:48 PM
DriveToSurvive
Intermediate

Originally Posted by null
My only issue with it, which kept from buying it, is the way it sits in the console. From the install videos, it appears loose, and requires double sided tape to keep it in place. Would prefer if it snapped into place, securely.

Curious how it ends up working out for you if you get it installed and want to share...
Oh, that’s a really good point! Seems like the ideal solution is a mix of the two of them — the base of hte one featured here and the charger of the one I shared. I’ll let you know how installation goes this weekend and what my impressions are. Hopefully the unit stays put and doesn’t move at all!
Old 03-29-2024, 09:56 PM
TK42ONE
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 170 Posts

I have the Kaizen and it has two very small pieces of double sided tape. It is secure and I really like it. It never feels loose even when pulling off the phone. It holds the phone quite secure and haven't had the phone slide off even under spirited driving.

The following users liked this post:
DriveToSurvive (03-29-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 10:20 PM
DriveToSurvive
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TK42ONE
I have the Kaizen and it has two very small pieces of double sided tape. It is secure and I really like it. It never feels loose even when pulling off the phone. It holds the phone quite secure and haven't had the phone slide off even under spirited driving.

Good to know! Hoping I have a similar experience. I noticed you have the Kaizen cup holder as well. How do you like it? Does it interfere with your passenger’s leg position at all?
Old 03-30-2024, 12:18 AM
TK42ONE
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 170 Posts

No, the cup holder doesn't seem to bother anyone. I have had slim folks in there and bit heaver people and all good so far. It does need to be tightened occasionally not sure why will look this weekend.
Old 03-30-2024, 07:03 AM
tosammann
7th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Customer Service Experience

Originally Posted by Lncollege
Giving my review of the product after owning it after 3 months. The MagSafe base started to flake at about the 3 month mark. Spoke to Customer service representative Dana and the best explanation she gave me was there is “sand/dirt” on the back of my phone that is causing the product to flake… checking my phone for dirt was the only offered remedy advised which I think is a ridiculous claim. There is absolutely no sand/dirt on the back of my phone. I work in the hospital and I clean my phone daily to prevent the spread of disease that I am constantly exposed to so I KNOW that’s not it… as far as the charging capabilities it still works as it should. Be wary

After more than a year of use, my charger started to show similar flaking. I contacted Nine Volt, who asked me to return the unit for repair / replacement. I sent the unit Monday, had a replacement in hand on Fri. I couldn’t be happier with the firm’s willingness to stand behind their product and make it right. Highly recommend this vendor!
Old 03-30-2024, 08:22 AM
Schn3ll
Burning Brakes

Received 982 Likes on 401 Posts

I went with the NineVolt. Love it, no issues and very clean install and works as intended. Just make sure you have a compatible MagSafe case on your phone. My original case was leather non-MagSafe and it would hold itself on in most scenarios, but taking a tight turn would send the phone flying - but as expected with a weak magnetic connection.
Old 03-30-2024, 02:52 PM
Daytona67
Advanced

Received 75 Likes on 38 Posts

I use the cup holder space for other things so I went with this option - very happy with the Rennline product purchased through Suncoast. I used an abbreviated installation - loosen one torx screw, slide in, tighten torx - done.

Magnetic Phone Mount - 992 : Suncoast Porsche Parts & Accessories (suncoastparts.com)

Last edited by Daytona67; 03-30-2024 at 02:53 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Daytona67:
freesole (04-02-2024), Jeff Whitten (04-01-2024), Ray K. (03-31-2024)
Old 03-30-2024, 03:04 PM
pbcsd
Racer

Originally Posted by Daytona67
I use the cup holder space for other things so I went with this option - very happy with the Rennline product purchased through Suncoast. I used an abbreviated installation - loosen one torx screw, slide in, tighten torx - done.

Magnetic Phone Mount - 992 : Suncoast Porsche Parts & Accessories (suncoastparts.com)
Does the cable run down the side to the 12v?
Old 03-30-2024, 07:58 PM
Daytona67
Advanced

Received 75 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by pbcsd
I never need to charge my phone other than overnight so I purchased the non-Magsafe version. Sorry cannot answer your question.
Old 03-31-2024, 12:33 AM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

Received 1,503 Likes on 660 Posts

Originally Posted by pbcsd
I did this mount and you can run the wire through the glove box wedging the cable in between the panels. You can plug in at the 12v outlet but I prefer to run the cable into the arm rest. Porsche makes great cars….they suck badly at infotainment. If wireless CarPlay is acting up I can easily unhook from the charger and plug in my phone while staying on the magnet.
Old 04-01-2024, 06:22 AM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 759 Likes on 276 Posts

When not in my suit coat pocket, I use the built in holder under the armrest and plug in the iPhone with a high quality, short USB C cable from Nomad for a wired CarPlay experience that removes any temptation to use your phone while driving. Keeps the aesthetic clean and minimalist as well.

Last edited by Patriot; 04-01-2024 at 06:23 AM.
The following users liked this post:
txpackers (04-01-2024)

Quick Reply: Super Clean MagSafe iPhone Charger...