Sponsored by:

Surrendered on allocation game / SE Florida Dealership Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2023, 10:03 AM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Received 652 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn
Yeah, Florida blows goats for car enthusiasts. There are no good roads there. In many places, the only way that you’re going to enjoy curves are the highway interchanges. That’s not even addressing how it is miserably hot in the warm months. I spent a few years in Miami and the only reason to bother with something nice is for the flex, which has never been a motivator for me. I’m sure that someone is going to weigh in about that one road that they know somewhere, but even places like Ohio are the land of twisties compared to Florida.

Most of us lifelong Floridians wish that everybody in the NE and California felt like you do about the State. Still, your comments about the roads are correct with an asterisk for the panhandle and much of North Florida. I lived in Montgomery County in PA for about 5 years and wish I had those roads to push my GTS along; beautiful area.

On Florida dealers/allocations, I hold my dealer in the highest regard. The sales/allocation process was fair and communication was good and at MSRP (although it did take 2 years even with a great 991.2 trade). Service is excellent and the donuts and lattes are the best part. I'm not in SE Florida but have lived therre and visit family often. Everything is more difficult in Dade/Broward/Palm Beach which is why we moved away long ago.

Last edited by Vicbastige; 12-23-2023 at 10:08 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Vicbastige:
detansinn (12-23-2023), PHX (12-24-2023)
Old 12-23-2023, 10:16 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,537 Likes on 1,191 Posts

Guys! There’s this thing called the Internet that makes every dealer your dealership! Do NOT limit yourself to what’s local. Buy the car from a dealer in the middle of nowhere that has allocations but no 911 customers. Purchasing the PEC Delivery option can sometimes be a nice way to take a relatively local delivery. I myself will fly and drive up to ~500 miles and that usually makes getting the right car (or motorcycle) at the right price. You will need to spend some quality time on the internet tracking down the websites for all the dealers you’d consider, but it pays quite well to do this.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bluehighways:
ABNJOE (12-23-2023), M. Schneider (12-24-2023)
Old 12-23-2023, 10:58 AM
nyca
Three Wheelin'

Received 731 Likes on 406 Posts

PCNA doesn't allow dealers to do out of region sales, that's been closed off for a while now. And even these "middle of nowhere" dealers have no cars either. Unless you are willing to pay ADMs of some form, realistically you aren't getting a car. And the economy is being reflated now in 2024 with interest rate cuts and a juiced stock market again, so any macro economic factors that might have led to a dip in demand, that's all over now.
The following 4 users liked this post by nyca:
Boucherom (12-26-2023), detansinn (12-23-2023), Freddie Two Bs (12-24-2023), Vicbastige (12-23-2023)
Old 12-23-2023, 12:52 PM
Dave16
Advanced

Received 95 Likes on 29 Posts

I feel similar to Carlo_Carrera. I vacillated for months about getting on a dealer allocation list. Were it simply a list, like waiting in line at the deli counter with a number, I would have done it. But all the gamesmanship of moving up the line if you have a valued trade or are willing to pay an ADM, etc. I wanted to no part of. Not to mention not wanting to be one of hundreds of folks (according to my local Atlanta dealers) willing to provide a deposit (re: no interest loan) for the honor of being on a waiting list. In the end I searched for almost a year to find a car that ticked as many of my boxes as possible and then pulled the trigger. I got a CPO 2022 C2S from the Porsche dealer in Louisville, Bluegrass Motorsports. I didn't get everything I wanted, but I got all my "must-haves" and my salesmen and the dealership were fantastic. I love the car and am beyond ecstatic to have it.
The following 5 users liked this post by Dave16:
BondJ (12-23-2023), Carlo_Carrera (12-23-2023), detansinn (12-23-2023), M. Schneider (12-24-2023), nyca (12-23-2023)
Old 12-23-2023, 01:23 PM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Received 570 Likes on 261 Posts

I feel for 911 enthusiasts in FL, CA, Atlanta, etc where local market conditions and dealership vagaries make purchasing a new 911 a less than joyous process. Good luck to all, and I hope an allocation pops up for the OP and he gets to order a 911 to his dream spec.

One good thing about Chicagoland is the numerous Porsche dealerships all of whom have pretty decent reputations. I'm lucky that the dealership I have the longest relationship with (Napleton Westmont) of any marque is about 5' from my house and have had only excellent experiences with in sales.
Old 12-23-2023, 02:45 PM
BondJ
Pro

Received 316 Likes on 221 Posts

Completely get the OP’s frustration. Why anyone would put up with Porsche’s never-ending waiting lists and ADM is beyond me. F**k ‘em. I only ever buy nearly new to a satisfactory spec (never had a problem with choice). I couldn’t give a toss about not being the first owner or the colour of the deviated stitching…

If you’re unlucky, just owning a Porsche can be frustrating enough, never mind waiting a lifetime and paying through the nose for the privilege.

Kudos to those with more patience 👍
The following 4 users liked this post by BondJ:
Carlo_Carrera (12-23-2023), chance6 (12-26-2023), Freddie Two Bs (12-24-2023), Icegrill (12-23-2023)
Old 12-23-2023, 03:53 PM
Porsche992
Racer

Received 293 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by BondJ
Completely get the OP’s frustration. Why anyone would put up with Porsche’s never-ending waiting lists and ADM is beyond me. F**k ‘em. I only ever buy nearly new to a satisfactory spec (never had a problem with choice). I couldn’t give a toss about not being the first owner or the colour of the deviated stitching…

If you’re unlucky, just owning a Porsche can be frustrating enough, never mind waiting a lifetime and paying through the nose for the privilege.

Kudos to those with more patience 👍
The car is worth it to be honest
Old 12-23-2023, 07:20 PM
AlfaQV2019
Track Day

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Last edited by AlfaQV2019; 12-24-2023 at 04:58 AM.
The following users liked this post:
bwhale (12-23-2023)
Old 12-23-2023, 07:53 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,236 Likes on 2,728 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave16
I feel similar to Carlo_Carrera. I vacillated for months about getting on a dealer allocation list. Were it simply a list, like waiting in line at the deli counter with a number, I would have done it. But all the gamesmanship of moving up the line if you have a valued trade or are willing to pay an ADM, etc. I wanted to no part of. Not to mention not wanting to be one of hundreds of folks (according to my local Atlanta dealers) willing to provide a deposit (re: no interest loan) for the honor of being on a waiting list. In the end I searched for almost a year to find a car that ticked as many of my boxes as possible and then pulled the trigger. I got a CPO 2022 C2S from the Porsche dealer in Louisville, Bluegrass Motorsports. I didn't get everything I wanted, but I got all my "must-haves" and my salesmen and the dealership were fantastic. I love the car and am beyond ecstatic to have it.
Sidebar - I bought my 993 from Bluegrass, sight unseen. There was an issue with the car when it arrived (steering rack was shot - possibly a transport thing since the 3rd party PPI didn't mention it). They paid the $6k bill to get it repaired without too much hassle. Good guys.

Back to OP - the situation with dealer games right now is really disgusting. I bought my current car CPO and I'm happy to get a car quickly and without a lot of BS. Yeah, market value but for some reason I'm ok with that on a used car but it bothers me one a new one.

Last edited by rk-d; 12-23-2023 at 07:55 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by rk-d:
AlterZgo (12-27-2023), detansinn (12-23-2023), Freddie Two Bs (12-24-2023), M. Schneider (12-24-2023)
Old 12-23-2023, 08:41 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,537 Likes on 1,191 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca
PCNA doesn't allow dealers to do out of region sales, that's been closed off for a while now. And even these "middle of nowhere" dealers have no cars either. Unless you are willing to pay ADMs of some form, realistically you aren't getting a car. And the economy is being reflated now in 2024 with interest rate cuts and a juiced stock market again, so any macro economic factors that might have led to a dip in demand, that's all over now.
PCNA can't stop it. The only caveat is that the buyer and the dealer have to: Complete the paperwork, and transfer funds, in person, at that dealer. There are also other ways to work around this sort of corporate nonsensical rules an edicts.
The following users liked this post:
M. Schneider (12-24-2023)
Old 12-23-2023, 10:33 PM
Dream in PTS
Pro

Received 848 Likes on 391 Posts

If the dealerships in your area aren't cutting it, pick up the phone and expand your search. Where there's a will, there's a way.
Old 12-23-2023, 11:23 PM
HudsonOH992GTS
Instructor

Received 308 Likes on 90 Posts

Porsche of Beachwood, Ohio or any other Penske dealer is the place to do business. I was nobody, called, went in, put down $2,500 and test drive a 911 GTS manual w/o the SA and 15 months later I had my dream 2023 Porsche 911 GTS. No ADM no fuss.
The following 3 users liked this post by HudsonOH992GTS:
AlterZgo (12-27-2023), M. Schneider (12-24-2023), salukimike (12-26-2023)
Old 12-23-2023, 11:36 PM
malba2366
Burning Brakes

Received 681 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
PCNA can't stop it. The only caveat is that the buyer and the dealer have to: Complete the paperwork, and transfer funds, in person, at that dealer. There are also other ways to work around this sort of corporate nonsensical rules an edicts.
They can't stop it, but they do penalize the selling dealer for selling out of market by reallocating credit of the sale to the customers in market dealers for the purpose of determining future allocations. A significant ADM may change the equation, but at the moment getting a car out of market at MSRP is not going to be an easy task.
Old 12-24-2023, 01:13 AM
Icegrill
Burning Brakes

Received 777 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by malba2366
They can't stop it, but they do penalize the selling dealer for selling out of market by reallocating credit of the sale to the customers in market dealers for the purpose of determining future allocations. A significant ADM may change the equation, but at the moment getting a car out of market at MSRP is not going to be an easy task.
Bought two brand new 992s out of state. Dealers could have cared less, said they were trying to do more out of state commerce.
Old 12-24-2023, 11:03 AM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 622 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by Vicbastige
Most of us lifelong Floridians wish that everybody in the NE and California felt like you do about the State. Still, your comments about the roads are correct with an asterisk for the panhandle and much of North Florida. I lived in Montgomery County in PA for about 5 years and wish I had those roads to push my GTS along; beautiful area.

On Florida dealers/allocations, I hold my dealer in the highest regard. The sales/allocation process was fair and communication was good and at MSRP (although it did take 2 years even with a great 991.2 trade). Service is excellent and the donuts and lattes are the best part. I'm not in SE Florida but have lived therre and visit family often. Everything is more difficult in Dade/Broward/Palm Beach which is why we moved away long ago.
@detansinn FL doesn't "blow goats for car enthusiasts" at all. I live here and am a very happy, comfy car enthusiast. It might not be great for DRIVING enthusiasts, however we can DRIVE to some great spots (GA, Carolinas, etc.) that have great driving areas. Each state has some very cool spots to drive, like to the Keys and back, top down, tunes up, having a blast, even if you have some extra goat *** sweat because it is warm. FL could be better and isn't amazing for a driving experience, but hey, every single minute I am driving I am happy! Doesn't matter really where, whatever opportunity I have presented to me is a gift.

Porsche Naples is an amazing store, although I did not purchase a new 911 there and we bought CPO'ed. Porsche Ft Myers was pretty good with our new 911 purchase when we ordered from there. Yes, it was a poverty spec base cabriolet, however they were not pushy, ADM-ish, or add-on pushy. I don't know about know though. I know this is on the left coast, however you might, OP, have some luck over here if you are still sniffing around the ordering process. As others have said, CPO is a great and amazing way to go, plus it is actually a more interesting way to "shop" for a car, trying to filter though all the available options, colors, etc from the available ones across the country.
The following 2 users liked this post by PHX:
AlterZgo (12-27-2023), detansinn (12-24-2023)

Quick Reply: Surrendered on allocation game / SE Florida Dealership Reviews