Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Allocation locks Sunday (4 wheel steering + PDCC or not)?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2024, 01:57 PM
MAUIBLU
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My Allocation locks Sunday (4 wheel steering + PDCC or not)?

Hi, My allocation locks tomorrow (Sunday 21). Do you think I should add 4 wheel steering and PDCC or one or the other? Thanks for your thoughts http://www.porsche-code.com/PRAWMSW1

My thoughts: from my limited research on 4 wheel steering and PDCC tells me that personally I won't even notice it as I won't be racing the car. Additionally, my Carrera S build already has $30K of options so I'm starting to get up into a GTS price range with it being a Carrera S. This is my first sports car so would like your feedback.

I said no to lane change assist, no to surround cameras, not directional lighting no to foldable mirrors. My thoughts on these are that I really won't need them. Also, the foldable mirrors in my mind make it easier for neighboring cars to park closer to the body of my car = greater chance of contact ie. non foldable mirrors create a mental bumper for people parking next to you.

I also said no to race-tek ceiling as I chose the sunroof. Wondering what color the roof material will be as the sales rep didn't know

- did not get the GT steering wheel. I made this a quick decision as I liked the uniformity of the grip with the normal steering wheel.

Couple additional notes about my configuration. the configurator does not show the slate colored seat inserts on the chalk colored seats. Also, I will be having the rims after market painted entirely in High Gloss Black
Thanks for your feedback

Last edited by MAUIBLU; 01-20-2024 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-20-2024, 02:35 PM
5senna5
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 60 Posts

Skip both if you're looking for an opinion. Car is bad *** without either and both just adds another $5k for very minor difference in street driving.
The following 4 users liked this post by 5senna5:
Alan Smithee (01-20-2024), Fullyield (01-21-2024), russbert (01-21-2024), TimD (01-21-2024)
Old 01-20-2024, 02:42 PM
MAUIBLU
AutoX

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 01-20-2024, 02:42 PM
MAUIBLU
AutoX

Originally Posted by 5senna5
Skip both if you're looking for an opinion. Car is bad *** without either and both just adds another $5k for very minor difference in street driving.
Thanks for the feedback
Old 01-20-2024, 03:13 PM
Albechow
Instructor

Received 112 Likes on 30 Posts

Congrats!
IMHO I would add top view camera just to be safe, and it’s better for resale if you do decide to sell it in the future.
if you’re not tracking it, normal steel brakes are good enough, another thing to consider is Front Axle Lift.
Depending on where you live, definitely something to think about.
I have a 992 Targa4GTS and although it’s not that low, having FAL really helps me navigate through underground parking lots and speed bumps, not having to worry that something would scratch my car
just my 2 cents
Old 01-20-2024, 03:29 PM
MAUIBLU
AutoX

Originally Posted by Albechow
Congrats!
IMHO I would add top view camera just to be safe, and it’s better for resale if you do decide to sell it in the future.
if you’re not tracking it, normal steel brakes are good enough, another thing to consider is Front Axle Lift.
Depending on where you live, definitely something to think about.
I have a 992 Targa4GTS and although it’s not that low, having FAL really helps me navigate through underground parking lots and speed bumps, not having to worry that something would scratch my car
just my 2 cents
thanks for your feedback
Old 01-20-2024, 04:04 PM
jtyt
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I imagine it wouldn't be a big deal to omit the PDCC and RAS especially if you're looking to save on options. I would encourage you to get the surround camera though I've found it very convenient coming from a car that just had a rear camera. Interesting thoughts on the folding mirrors, I got them because I'm scared others will hit me but to each their own I guess. Just my two cents.
Old 01-20-2024, 04:07 PM
MAUIBLU
AutoX

Originally Posted by tamjty
I imagine it wouldn't be a big deal to omit the PDCC and RAS especially if you're looking to save on options. I would encourage you to get the surround camera though I've found it very convenient coming from a car that just had a rear camera. Interesting thoughts on the folding mirrors, I got them because I'm scared others will hit me but to each their own I guess. Just my two cents.
Thanks for your input! Have a great day
Old 01-20-2024, 04:14 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,233 Likes on 2,728 Posts

I'd skip both if you're on a budget. You will tell the difference - I've found the combination to provide impressive grip but maybe a little synthetic. I think PDCC neutralizes some of the 911 character - the car corners absolutely dead flat.
Old 01-20-2024, 04:23 PM
Chris H.9xx
Track Day

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tamjty
Agree 100% on the surround view. I'm just a few weeks in to my 992 and it's my first car with this feature. I didn't know what I was missing and absolutely recommend it.

Wife wanted memory package, which comes with folding mirrors; otherwise I'd skip that option too. I think it looks good when the mirrors are folded and it's an easy way to see that the car is locked, but it doesn't really provide much difference in terms of how close someone can get/be without hitting your car.
Old 01-20-2024, 04:24 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 101 Posts

Another vote to skip them both. Especially PDCC.
Old 01-20-2024, 04:58 PM
user 64927802
Banned

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts

Best of luck my friend!
Since its your first 911 its definitely a good idea to ask for help. $163,360 for a S is heavy and you are already up in the GTS range.
I have a 4GTS in order April delivery and my build is $166,300.00 and it has everything that you really need.
This is my 4th 911 and my last 21 C4S was $135,500.00 from sport pkg, sport heated wheel, sport seats, colored wheels and Bose, literally everything you need and that had the $3k chalk paint.

My 4GTS now has an optional paint Agate, side skirts, Bose, heated wheel, red belts, LCA and Bespoke owners manual with custom writing just for fun and total $166,300. Not to mention it comes standard with all the other stuff which im not gonna list as we already know.

Keep away from your salesman that wants people to build a Base Carrera for $200k
If Porsche offers me the Rear Steer and Front lift for free I won't add them as I don't want to add any weight to the car.
Im old skool so definite not sunroof for me. If im getting sunroof im going Cabrio all the way.

Theres a lot of smart people here smarter then me, maybe someone should step in and help you out a little more.

Just an example: You added Gloss black window trim ? You don't have gloss black wheels or gloss black exterior pkg or gloss black model designation? the standard flat black matches the air intakes in the front and diffuser in rear better.
This is just 1 example!

At the end of the day, its a custom build and its yours that's all that matters.

Old 01-20-2024, 05:13 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 3,880 Likes on 1,359 Posts

I have PDCC and RWS on my 992 S and like it. Were I to order a new 992, I'd personally check those boxes. Lane Change Assist is something that should be standard for safety and its not. Difficult to add afterwards.
Old 01-20-2024, 05:24 PM
defiant2
Instructor

Received 132 Likes on 40 Posts

Agreed with others; doesn’t matter what we all say… get what makes your day!

I like your build for an S but I’m also passing on FAL (truly geographic dependent… skipping in FL, keeping in CA!) and RWS. I’m also dropping ambient lighting based on others’ comments and all of the following from the screenshot I’m dropping as well. (Based on the other components of your build.)

but again, matters not what we think! Enjoy whatever you end up with and congrats!!

Old 01-20-2024, 06:10 PM
MAUIBLU
AutoX

Originally Posted by Adam&Ellas992
Best of luck my friend!
Since its your first 911 its definitely a good idea to ask for help. $163,360 for a S is heavy and you are already up in the GTS range.
I have a 4GTS in order April delivery and my build is $166,300.00 and it has everything that you really need.
This is my 4th 911 and my last 21 C4S was $135,500.00 from sport pkg, sport heated wheel, sport seats, colored wheels and Bose, literally everything you need and that had the $3k chalk paint.

My 4GTS now has an optional paint Agate, side skirts, Bose, heated wheel, red belts, LCA and Bespoke owners manual with custom writing just for fun and total $166,300. Not to mention it comes standard with all the other stuff which im not gonna list as we already know.

Keep away from your salesman that wants people to build a Base Carrera for $200k
If Porsche offers me the Rear Steer and Front lift for free I won't add them as I don't want to add any weight to the car.
Im old skool so definite not sunroof for me. If im getting sunroof im going Cabrio all the way.

Theres a lot of smart people here smarter then me, maybe someone should step in and help you out a little more.

Just an example: You added Gloss black window trim ? You don't have gloss black wheels or gloss black exterior pkg or gloss black model designation? the standard flat black matches the air intakes in the front and diffuser in rear better.
This is just 1 example!

At the end of the day, its a custom build and its yours that's all that matters.
thanks for the feedback I am going to paint the wheels aftermarket entirely high gloss black. I wanted to get the rear bumper in high gloss black but it wouldn’t let me do that when I chose the side skirt option. I chose the high gloss window sea because when I was in Showroom I saw that next to one that was Matte black and I like the way the high gloss pops on the window. Regarding the Porsche decal on back in silver instead of high gloss black. I was torn between that but I chose the silver because I thought it blended better with the clear exclusive design tail lights. If I don’t like it, I can always get it painted I guess.

Last edited by MAUIBLU; 01-20-2024 at 06:14 PM.

Quick Reply: My Allocation locks Sunday (4 wheel steering + PDCC or not)?