Sponsored by:

Targa Euro Delivery Price Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2024, 11:16 AM
SteveSpy
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Targa Euro Delivery Price Issues

If there are any dealers here that are willing to let me buy a car at MSRP, and do Euro, please reach out to me.
Old 01-23-2024, 11:26 AM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,566 Likes on 722 Posts

While there are some dealers on here. Your best bet is to start locally and start to expand out from where you live - on contacting those dealers, letting them know what you are looking for and timing/deposit/etc.

Targas are probably one of the toughest allocations to get (outside the GT or special cars) - much lower production numbers than the other variants.

I also am not sure ED is still open, I do remember that they had stopped it for a bit, not sure you can get it right now or not... Again, lots of leg work on your behalf is going to be needed.
Old 01-23-2024, 11:41 AM
SteveSpy
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Richard_Wallace
While there are some dealers on here. Your best bet is to start locally and start to expand out from where you live - on contacting those dealers, letting them know what you are looking for and timing/deposit/etc.

Targas are probably one of the toughest allocations to get (outside the GT or special cars) - much lower production numbers than the other variants.

I also am not sure ED is still open, I do remember that they had stopped it for a bit, not sure you can get it right now or not... Again, lots of leg work on your behalf is going to be needed.
I have already done all of this. There were dealers on the BMW forum, I assumed there were dealers here too. My local dealer has me on a waitlist, charged me $1k to be on the waitlist, and intends to take a $10k deposit from me once my turn comes up, and also intends to charge me $10k over MSRP for the car, unacceptable.

Also, ED is still available, but Porsche is charging $1.5k for it.

Finally, European delivery means that the dealer does not lose any allocation.
Old 01-23-2024, 12:20 PM
mlrtime3
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I thought that a Euro delivery doesn't count as an allocation as the dealer gets a +1 from it. Why would this be hard to get?
The following users liked this post:
SteveSpy (01-23-2024)
Old 01-23-2024, 02:49 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

You have to get the production spot ED approved

There are limited spots
snakepilot 69 (01-23-2024)
Old 01-23-2024, 03:26 PM
snakepilot 69
Track Day

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Exclamation ED availability

This was my experience. After waiting on a list for a C2S that was going nowhere for nine months with my local dealer, I expanded the search and found a dealer within my state with an allocation for ED at MSRP.

I got a confirmed purchase order on 11/2/23 with a comm number assigned. The car is scheduled for production on 2/28/24 and delivery in Zuffenhousen on May 14th.

As we all know, the 992.2 is supposed to be around the corner, so no telling when they will stop ED for the 992.1.

Good luck with your search.

Last edited by snakepilot 69; 01-23-2024 at 03:37 PM.
SteveSpy (01-23-2024)
Old 01-23-2024, 03:45 PM
ThrustNormal
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by snakepilot 69
This was my experience. After waiting on a list for a C2S that was going nowhere for nine months with my local dealer, I expanded the search and found a dealer within my state with an allocation for ED at MSRP.

I got a confirmed purchase order on 11/2/23 with a comm number assigned. The car is scheduled for production on 2/28/24 and delivery in Zuffenhousen on May 14th.

As we all know, the 992.2 is supposed to be around the corner, so no telling when they will stop ED for the 992.1.

Good luck with your search.
Interesting. We have a similar order and timeline, yet I had my ED cancelled last minute as there was a long wait list for ED. I was told it would delay me till the fall.
Old 01-23-2024, 03:54 PM
malba2366
Burning Brakes

Received 681 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveSpy
If there are any dealers here that are willing to let me buy a car at MSRP, and do Euro, please reach out to me.

I'll share my experience. I was waiting on the waitlist at multiple dealers in the NYC area for about 1.5 years with no movement. Last January I expanded my search to dealers who were in NY, but outside of the NYC metro area and I just got the car in December (I did not ED). Im not sure where you are located, but maybe try to spread out your search out a bit further to dealers who can still sell to you...for example in my case all the other dealers in New York State outside the NYC metro area said they would sell the car to me as long as it is registered in the state.

The dealer has to get an allocation for a Targa before they can offer it to you for ED, so if they can get a large ADM on the car now many will take that over an ED sale at MSRP plus an other allocation at sometime in the future.

Last edited by malba2366; 01-23-2024 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-23-2024, 03:58 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,196 Likes on 603 Posts

ED actually costs your dealer a bit of their profit on the car but ultimately (not immediately) gets them an extra car. So historically some dealers would eat the cost of the ED and sell at normal prices but for the last 3 years dealers (at least the 8-10 I talked to) have been charging a PREMIUM for ED cars. I was actually willing to pay the premium to try and pick up a car last october. Spent over a year trying and finding a targa and an ED slot was basically impossible and then ED sold out. Not sure if its available today but 6 months ago it was not.
SteveSpy (01-23-2024)
Old 01-24-2024, 08:25 AM
SteveSpy
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by malba2366
I'll share my experience. I was waiting on the waitlist at multiple dealers in the NYC area for about 1.5 years with no movement. Last January I expanded my search to dealers who were in NY, but outside of the NYC metro area and I just got the car in December (I did not ED). Im not sure where you are located, but maybe try to spread out your search out a bit further to dealers who can still sell to you...for example in my case all the other dealers in New York State outside the NYC metro area said they would sell the car to me as long as it is registered in the state.

The dealer has to get an allocation for a Targa before they can offer it to you for ED, so if they can get a large ADM on the car now many will take that over an ED sale at MSRP plus an other allocation at sometime in the future.
I am in Austin, TX. I thought that if I posted here, a dealer would see my post and reach out to offer me a spot. I have tried calling dealerships in Texas, they won't give me the time of day, so I figured this forum would help me to expand my search. If any of you have any good relationships with a dealer, please send me contact info.

Quick Reply: Targa Euro Delivery Price Issues