Video: my experience with an exhaust and tune on my 992

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2024, 07:00 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,541 Likes on 797 Posts
Default Video: my experience with an exhaust and tune on my 992

Hi all, I created a video describing my experience with my M Engineering tune and Soul Performance exhaust, just thought I'd share it here:

Thanks to @M Engineering and @Soul Performance for creating such great products!
The following 6 users liked this post by Tupper:
breny4104 (02-16-2024), Jeff Whitten (02-16-2024), Schwarz992C4S (02-15-2024), StarbuckR6 (02-17-2024), vg247 (02-16-2024), yrralis1 (02-16-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Popular Reply

02-16-2024, 10:30 AM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

Received 657 Likes on 313 Posts

Originally Posted by Fullyield
Suggestion: If you are going to street race your 992S on public roads, I would not admit it or brag about it on a video that I then posted to public forums like YT and on RL ……especially at your age. You just branded yourself to the world as a middle-aged, illegal, street racer with a video that you created and then shared with the world. The law defines it as “reckless conduct”. If you can afford a 992S upgraded with Soul cats, Soul valveless exhaust and M Engineering tune (good for you), you can afford to take your car to the track (which I encourage). IMO those who are designated “RL Community Team Members” should not be bragging about their illegal conduct on the forum. It carries an implied endorsement of illegal street racing by RL which I do not believe is accurate.
Hey...when you're done policing here, can you jump over to YouTube and comment on all the reviewers speeding up and down mountain roads and all the kids street racing? Much appreciated. Start with The Smoking Tire's latest video on the GT3 T vs S/T. Cheers.
Old 02-16-2024, 12:14 AM
Malakas
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

But @Tupper you need to rip it couple times in your video! ... In your 992!
The following 6 users liked this post by Malakas:
breny4104 (02-16-2024), Chalk992911S (02-16-2024), DocM (02-16-2024), Tupper (02-16-2024), vg247 (02-16-2024), yrralis1 (02-16-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-16-2024, 01:05 AM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,537 Likes on 867 Posts

Just being honest but your videos are not bringing anything to the table. Appreciate the effort. What's your end goal with these videos? Maybe we can help.

EDIT: My weak middle age recall: you're a MD, with a RE side hustle and these videos are a delve into your entrepreneurial spirit juxtaposed to your hobby?

Last edited by Shogunade; 02-16-2024 at 01:12 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Shogunade:
Chalk992911S (02-16-2024), reddsektor (02-16-2024)
Old 02-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,227 Likes on 777 Posts

Suggestion: If you are going to street race your 992S on public roads, I would not admit it or brag about it on a video that I then posted to public forums like YT and on RL ……especially at your age. You just branded yourself to the world as a middle-aged, illegal, street racer with a video that you created and then shared with the world. The law defines it as “reckless conduct”. If you can afford a 992S upgraded with Soul cats, Soul valveless exhaust and M Engineering tune (good for you), you can afford to take your car to the track (which I encourage). IMO those who are designated “RL Community Team Members” should not be bragging about their illegal conduct on the forum. It carries an implied endorsement of illegal street racing by RL which I do not believe is accurate.
The following users liked this post:
Staffie Guy (02-16-2024)
Old 02-16-2024, 10:30 AM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

Received 657 Likes on 313 Posts

Hey...when you're done policing here, can you jump over to YouTube and comment on all the reviewers speeding up and down mountain roads and all the kids street racing? Much appreciated. Start with The Smoking Tire's latest video on the GT3 T vs S/T. Cheers.
The following 10 users liked this post by Ikone:
breny4104 (02-16-2024), Buddhist_fist (02-16-2024), Crusje (02-17-2024), dg108 (02-19-2024), Fishah (02-16-2024), Fullyield (02-16-2024), NickM (02-16-2024), StarbuckR6 (02-17-2024), Tupper (02-16-2024), Wilder (02-19-2024) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-16-2024, 11:03 AM
OncPorsche
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 35 Posts

lol, i had a big message typed out but this is good enough
Fullyield (02-16-2024)
Old 02-16-2024, 11:09 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,227 Likes on 777 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikone
You are correct with heavy emphasis on the word “KIDS”…..and that includes some very popular YT digital creators.

Last edited by Fullyield; 02-16-2024 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ikone
^ Thank you!
Old 02-16-2024, 11:44 AM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Malakas
But @Tupper you need to rip it couple times in your video! ... In your 992!
^ I had my 992 pre-Youtube, but you better believe that if I were on YouTube when I had it I would at least be making some exhaust-related videos. Because my Soul Performance exhaust just sounded incredible
Old 02-16-2024, 12:59 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 619 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by Tupper
^ I had my 992 pre-Youtube, but you better believe that if I were on YouTube when I had it I would at least be making some exhaust-related videos. Because my Soul Performance exhaust just sounded incredible
I enjoyed the video . It reminded me a lot about when I used to mod my 911's . I still have one and its 17 years old . The only long term thing that might interest you is that when something goes wrong 15 years later the materials are not always available . With OEM parts they are easy to get no matter how old the car is.

An example was my Techart lip was destroyed and I was told 6 months "maybe" . The bigger issue was when the car didnt start and they could not figure out why . Battery was fine and so was fuel pump . After knocking heads it boiled down to a broken computer . So the dealership ordered a new one but the only issue was how does one tune a 17 year old car . Fortunately we were able to reach the guy who wrote the software 17 years go . In fact he even told us he had improved it and charged me a a fraction of what it would cost . The tuner was Evoms .

I dont know how long you plan to keep your car but those things above I never thought about back then and I might have asked had I known .

When you mod the car it become unique . Enjoy it and thanks for the video.

Last edited by yrralis1; 02-16-2024 at 01:01 PM.
Tupper (02-16-2024)
Old 02-17-2024, 10:02 PM
surquhar
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 62 Posts

LMFAO

Thanks I needed a good laugh!!!
Tupper (02-20-2024)
Old 02-17-2024, 10:40 PM
PorscheObsessed
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Tupper
Hi all, I created a video describing my experience with my M Engineering tune and Soul Performance exhaust, just thought I'd share it here:

https://youtu.be/TP-3aarU63A?si=MaPP7jj2_c5kfhqq

Thanks to @M Engineering and @Soul Performance for creating such great products!
Is this a cry for help? I mean, 992 was your midlife crisis, clearly. But instead of being over it, you are dragging it out in public.
Dont get me wrong, this forum is full of them. You know them. They buy one aftermarket part after another to satisfy something deeper. Some expect a certain amount of recognition. When they don’t get it they go buy a more ‘supercar looking’ R8 or a Turbo S. BUT, they are not making videos ‘after’ breaking up with the model they were dating!
I apologize for the bluntness. I think you need it.
The following 2 users liked this post by PorscheObsessed:
ASuh (02-19-2024), Crusje (02-19-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 08:00 AM
lemonorlime
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

I don't understand how people can put so much effort into dissing someone's post. OP was clearly enjoying his car, so props to him. For those who have a problem with the post and are slamming OP (afaik he didn't break any forum rules), get a life.
Tupper (02-20-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 08:46 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 4,843 Likes on 1,723 Posts

God, you again. You are insufferable.
Tupper (02-20-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 09:31 AM
Crusje
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheObsessed
Is this a cry for help? I mean, 992 was your midlife crisis, clearly. But instead of being over it, you are dragging it out in public.
Dont get me wrong, this forum is full of them. You know them. They buy one aftermarket part after another to satisfy something deeper. Some expect a certain amount of recognition. When they don’t get it they go buy a more ‘supercar looking’ R8 or a Turbo S. BUT, they are not making videos ‘after’ breaking up with the model they were dating!
I apologize for the bluntness. I think you need it.
It's better to let him know otherwise he'll post more of his YouTube videos.

Quick Reply: Video: my experience with an exhaust and tune on my 992