Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCNA "Executive" cars as CPO at dealers

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2024, 08:58 PM
jlegelis
Pro

Received 598 Likes on 286 Posts

So much fact-free FUD on this thread. Here’s my perspective: I got a great deal (no adm / CPO warranty) on a well maintained car that has performed flawlessly. I actually know *far* more about the 4k miles and history of this car than just about any other ‘pre owned’ car I’ve ever owned. I’m beyond satisfied with the purchase (the dealer is horrible, but that’s not the car’s fault), would definitely consider another one, and would recommend it as an option to anyone I know.

@remington fyi I negotiated the tire and brakes which were both worn but still ‘OK’ according to the CPO standards. Give that *I* went through a set of the ridiculously soft factory pads in a single DE day the ‘worn pads’ argument is an irrelevant measure of the cars overall ‘health’. Pads are a wear item, no?

Last edited by jlegelis; 02-25-2024 at 11:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
shustermeister (02-26-2024)
Old 02-26-2024, 08:38 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,229 Likes on 778 Posts

I have been through the Porsche Driving Experience school at Barber Motor Park so I know first hand how those cars are driven. I would not buy one of those cars used. Your opinion may differ. Your money, buy what you want.
The following 2 users liked this post by Fullyield:
remington (02-26-2024), shustermeister (02-26-2024)
Old 02-26-2024, 07:11 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,690 Likes on 899 Posts

Does the green cross turismo come with the Porsche shovel?
Old 02-26-2024, 09:28 PM
shustermeister
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jlegelis
So much fact-free FUD on this thread. Here’s my perspective: I got a great deal (no adm / CPO warranty) on a well maintained car that has performed flawlessly. I actually know *far* more about the 4k miles and history of this car than just about any other ‘pre owned’ car I’ve ever owned. I’m beyond satisfied with the purchase (the dealer is horrible, but that’s not the car’s fault), would definitely consider another one, and would recommend it as an option to anyone I know.

@remington fyi I negotiated the tire and brakes which were both worn but still ‘OK’ according to the CPO standards. Give that *I* went through a set of the ridiculously soft factory pads in a single DE day the ‘worn pads’ argument is an irrelevant measure of the cars overall ‘health’. Pads are a wear item, no?
Glad that you had such a good experience with your car and have had no trouble! Even better that you got them to negotiate on tires and pads, which add up to several thousand if purchasing from dealer otherwise. While pads are wear items, I agree, it is hard to know how many sets they went through in 4k miles of PEC, and there is wear on the rotors though they may still be in spec for CPO purposes. But you will likely have to replace those rotors at some cost, earlier than a car not tracked hard. Also difficult or impossible to tell how much wear on shocks, bushings, tranny and other components. Fact or opinion? Not trying to start any FUD, just trying to contribute to the forum with discussion and sharing of experiences. I thank you for sharing yours.
Old 04-15-2024, 11:46 PM
LadySpeedster
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
there is a company car auction monthly, the majority of the cars sold are Macans, Cayennes and Taycans that were driven by PCNA employees as part of their comp package as was noted above. The cars are usually 50 miles up to about 8,000- very low % of them will be over 10k miles.

Sometimes, other cars were press fleet, PECLA/PECATL or even EPA compliance testers. I actively shop this auction and can find some really good inventory for CPO stuff, just bought a 2023 Cayenne GTS from there a few weeks ago.

In general any of the PEC cars that we shop for at this auction already have clear bra on them, and they send them to us with new tires and usually new brake pads. The way they run the cars, the windshields are not torn up like a lot of track cars since when you do the PEC courses you're not in a big train of 5+ cars going through corners like a normal track day. I have no hesitation buying a car from this auction source assuming it's as represented in terms of condition...I try to buy stuff that is super clean.
Do you acquire the cars at auction for less than invoice and do they come already CPO-approved?
Old 04-16-2024, 02:23 AM
luscioman
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About 18 months ago a local dealer had a nice S for sale with 6k miles. I checked carfax and it had a minor accident. I pressed my sa several times. I was first told it was a executive demo car. I asked more and more about the accident. Finally I got a repair invoice. The car was from the Atlanta experience hit a fence or something and the repair boll was $87,000. It was odd the invoice was not a local dealer. I took a hard pass on that car.
The following users liked this post:
HOTCHKIS (04-16-2024)
Old 04-16-2024, 09:55 AM
HOTCHKIS
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by luscioman
About 18 months ago a local dealer had a nice S for sale with 6k miles. I checked carfax and it had a minor accident. I pressed my sa several times. I was first told it was a executive demo car. I asked more and more about the accident. Finally I got a repair invoice. The car was from the Atlanta experience hit a fence or something and the repair boll was $87,000. It was odd the invoice was not a local dealer. I took a hard pass on that car.
Probably in the water section drifting! I remember the instructor pointing to the fence and saying be careful!
Old 04-16-2024, 10:26 AM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,271 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtomtomtom
an executive car from 15 second on
Only 60 miles away-I'll be going to this PEC asap.
Old 04-16-2024, 02:00 PM
whatsshakin
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by shustermeister
I did a search but had no luck finding a prior thread on this... Does anyone have information on these cars available at Porsche Dealers where they technically have had zero owners, as they are sold by PCNA to the dealer? My understanding is that some of these may be PEC cars that have had a "spirited" life on track, skidpads, wet driving exercises, etc. (a hard beginning to life, for sure); others may be press loaners for magazine and YouTube folks to test for articles/posts; others still may be driven by PCNA employees for a year as they travel around.
I am seeing a number of these cars whose CarFax first entry shows anywhere from several thousand to about ten thousand miles, and no initial title being issued except maybe to the selling dealer.
I'd love to get the forum's take on these cars, especially from folks who may have purchased one as CPO.
Thanks all! Love that this forum exists with Porschephiles galore!
Living in the DC area, my Macan was this exact situation -- it was an exec car from someone at the PCNA HQ here in the DC area. It was never titled but had 10k miles on the odometer.

12k miles/2 years later, 0 issues with it.

Quick Reply: PCNA "Executive" cars as CPO at dealers