2024 911 Allocation & Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2024, 04:12 PM
VR1_
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2024 911 Allocation & Build

Hello All,

Have been looking for a 911 allocation in Dallas for the last 6 months. Finally, got a T allocation yesterday with a change deadline of 3rd week of April.

Have been looking for a base or an S, but have been unlucky to find one. Have been reading up that T is more rougher than the base/S and might not be an everyday car (~600-700 miles a month, 0 Track miles). Does it make sense to wait for a base/S? Also, looking for feedback on my current build. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My current build-
Guards Red
Leather interior
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus
Ventilated seats
20"/21" RS Spyder Wheels
Central Tachometer / Sports Chrono Watch in Red
Electric Sunroof
Ambient Lighting
Burmester Sound System
PDLS+
Heated GT Steering Wheel
Power Steering Plus
Extended Fuel tank
Under Door Puddle Lights

Thank you
Old 03-19-2024, 04:30 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 101 Posts

My two cents would be that you should wait on a base or an S car. The T is best as a "stripper" where light weight and dynamics are essentially the priority. I understand what you're trying to do, essentially build the T into something more like the base or S. But you've loaded-up the car with a variety of heavy options and build a bit of a freak show (no offense meant). The optimal solution, given highway miles and no track time, is to get yourself positioned at the top of the list for the new 992.2 in either S or base guise. My two cents.
The following 3 users liked this post by brownan:
NEH51 (03-20-2024), TimD (03-21-2024), Wilder (03-22-2024)
Old 03-19-2024, 04:34 PM
Crusje
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by VR1_
Hello All,

Have been looking for a 911 allocation in Dallas for the last 6 months. Finally, got a T allocation yesterday with a change deadline of 3rd week of April.

Have been looking for a base or an S, but have been unlucky to find one. Have been reading up that T is more rougher than the base/S and might not be an everyday car (~600-700 miles a month, 0 Track miles). Does it make sense to wait for a base/S? Also, looking for feedback on my current build. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My current build-
Guards Red
Leather interior
Ventilated seats
20"/21" RS Spyder Wheels
Electric Sunroof
Ambient Lighting
Burmester Sound System
PDLS+
Heated GT Steering Wheel
Power Steering Plus
Extended Fuel tank
Under Door Puddle Lights

Thank you

The logo puddle lights are so small. I'd rather have regular puddle lights so that I can actually see what's next to my car at night to be honest.
Do you really need heated steering wheel in Texas?
Power steering Plus isn't necessary in my opinion. Have you driven one without it?
Old 03-19-2024, 04:36 PM
bpeacock
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 290 Likes on 159 Posts

I can likely help you secure a Base or S allocation if needed.

I'd PM you but you don't have enough posts yet to receive messages. Feel free to email me: ben@bmpmotorcars.com
(813) 838-8758

Last edited by bpeacock; 03-19-2024 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-19-2024, 05:31 PM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 622 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by bpeacock

I'd PM you but you don't have enough posts yet to receive messages. Feel free to email me: ben@bmpmotorcars.com
You have 2 different emails listed, one in your text and one in your signature line.
The following users liked this post:
bpeacock (03-19-2024)
Old 03-19-2024, 05:32 PM
bpeacock
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 290 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by PHX
You have 2 different emails listed, one in your text and one in your signature line.
Great catch. That was a typo on my part! I'll edit it now!
PHX (03-19-2024)
Old 03-19-2024, 07:01 PM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by VR1_
Hello All,

My current build-
Guards Red
Leather interior
Ventilated seats
20"/21" RS Spyder Wheels
Electric Sunroof
Ambient Lighting
Burmester Sound System
PDLS+
Heated GT Steering Wheel
Power Steering Plus
Extended Fuel tank
Under Door Puddle Lights

Thank you
That's a great build OP. T shares components of both base and S (I think suspension). You can also spec T in manual but base you cannot. T, infact might be more appealing than Base. If you spec base with Sports package and all the options you want vs T, you might actually be better off. If you have an allocation, customize it to your liking and enjoy it. When the 992.2 comes out, assess if you want to trade the T in or not. For context, I had a T allocation that I subsequently decided against because I found a S. I didn't spec it the S and honestly with the customization options that Porsche gives, it just didn't feel mine. Eventually I traded it into the dealer.

Take a look at the T Club thread on this forum. They have more posts than any other threads here.

In terms of options:

Burmester Sound System - T has lightweight and insulated glass which I thought introduces more road noise? I'm not sure. Maybe Bose would suffice. If Bose is not an option then go for Burmester. Plenty of discussion on it. Burmester is an expensive option so you dont want to regret if its not good enough.

PDLS+. Had it on my S and still not sure if it was worth it. It was part of the premium package so didnt really care.

Adaptive Sport Seats Plus. Do you have the option of 14-way or 18-way? Are you the only driver? Kids? I found manual seats quite annoying. If you're the only driver, this doesnt matter.

Rear axle steer. Consider this.

Surround View. Consider this for sure.​​​

excuse my typos

Last edited by itrocks4u; 03-19-2024 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-20-2024, 02:28 PM
VR1_
8th Gear

My two cents would be that you should wait on a base or an S car. The T is best as a "stripper" where light weight and dynamics are essentially the priority. I understand what you're trying to do, essentially build the T into something more like the base or S. But you've loaded-up the car with a variety of heavy options and build a bit of a freak show (no offense meant). The optimal solution, given highway miles and no track time, is to get yourself positioned at the top of the list for the new 992.2 in either S or base guise. My two cents.
Thank you. Your point makes sense. The dealership said since I was a first-time client and with the 992.2 on the horizon, it would definitely be a while before I get an allocation. So, now I am planning to change the build completely on the T so that I can trade it in for a 992.2 S a couple of years down the line. Basically, the T won't be a keeper.

Last edited by VR1_; 03-20-2024 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-20-2024, 02:32 PM
VR1_
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Crusje
The logo puddle lights are so small. I'd rather have regular puddle lights so that I can actually see what's next to my car at night to be honest.
Do you really need heated steering wheel in Texas?
Power steering Plus isn't necessary in my opinion. Have you driven one without it?
I haven't driven one without it. I am changing the build so that it is an easy sell. I will incorporate these suggestions. Thank you.
Old 03-20-2024, 02:33 PM
VR1_
8th Gear

Originally Posted by bpeacock

Hey Ben, I emailed you. Thanks.
Old 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
VR1_
8th Gear

Originally Posted by itrocks4u
That's a great build OP. T shares components of both base and S (I think suspension). You can also spec T in manual but base you cannot. T, infact might be more appealing than Base. If you spec base with Sports package and all the options you want vs T, you might actually be better off. If you have an allocation, customize it to your liking and enjoy it. When the 992.2 comes out, assess if you want to trade the T in or not. For context, I had a T allocation that I subsequently decided against because I found a S. I didn't spec it the S and honestly with the customization options that Porsche gives, it just didn't feel mine. Eventually I traded it into the dealer.

Take a look at the T Club thread on this forum. They have more posts than any other threads here.

In terms of options:

Burmester Sound System - T has lightweight and insulated glass which I thought introduces more road noise? I'm not sure. Maybe Bose would suffice. If Bose is not an option then go for Burmester. Plenty of discussion on it. Burmester is an expensive option so you dont want to regret if its not good enough.

PDLS+. Had it on my S and still not sure if it was worth it. It was part of the premium package so didnt really care.

Adaptive Sport Seats Plus. Do you have the option of 14-way or 18-way? Are you the only driver? Kids? I found manual seats quite annoying. If you're the only driver, this doesnt matter.

Rear axle steer. Consider this.

Surround View. Consider this for sure.​​​

excuse my typos
Thank you for your comments.

I am changing the T build so it can be easily traded off once they give me an S allocation. Will post the new build today.
Old 03-21-2024, 09:55 AM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 106 Posts

Honestly, you should spec to your liking. Granted, some color combo may sell faster than others. No need to be "stuck" with a 130K+ vehicle.
VR1_ (03-21-2024)
Old 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,259 Likes on 608 Posts

Are you getting a PDK or stick? If you are building the car for resale, I would strongly consider getting a manual-if you can drive one.

The way you have optioned the T makes it akin to a base. A stick will help you differentiate your car from a base which is not available in a manual and help give you an edge in resale.

Old 03-21-2024, 02:18 PM
VR1_
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Staffie Guy
Are you getting a PDK or stick? If you are building the car for resale, I would strongly consider getting a manual-if you can drive one.

The way you have optioned the T makes it akin to a base. A stick will help you differentiate your car from a base which is not available in a manual and help give you an edge in resale.
Initially, I was getting a PDK. The new build will be with a stick. Will post the build in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Old 03-21-2024, 07:08 PM
VR1_
8th Gear

Thank you all for your comments/suggestions.

Here are the 2 builds I am deciding from (leaning towards 2.1 ).

Option 2.1
T - Manual
Guards Red
20/21 Carrera S Wheels in titanium grey
Standard Interior
4 Way Seats
Rear Axle Steering
Extended Range Fuel Tank
PDLS+
Central Taco & Sports Chrono in Guards Red
Surround View
Ambient Lighting