Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No more ADM‘s/ Prices lowering

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2024, 03:40 PM
DriveToSurvive
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Very anecdotal contribution to this thread, but I found two US dealers recently offering new 992.1 GTS’s at MSRP. One was in the NY region in a major market. The other is a fairly well known dealer in Central Ohio who is notorious for charging premiums for everything they sell and service. I considered the first one in NY to be a diamond in the rough. When I came across the second one (local to me in OH), I was surprised by their offer. I realize a GTS is different from a GT3, which likely still commands a premium, but in many cases, my GTS search had routinely produced ADM’s. Regardless, I was thrilled to purchase a new GTS at MSRP recently, but wondering now if it is a part of a larger trend and pricing strength in the US may be cooling. Who knows. Only a few data points, but I figured it was worth sharing.
The following 2 users liked this post by DriveToSurvive:
IPA1 (04-16-2024), nyca (04-15-2024)
Old 04-15-2024, 08:11 PM
nyca
Three Wheelin'

Received 729 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by Biohazard
I'm sure them not discounting the used plays a huge part. Why pay the same or slightly more for used verses new. You get it exactly how you wanted nothing missing or extra and in a unused state ie minor wear/damage. Depending on dealer and model you may only need to wait a few months to get it also.
The selling point on the used cars is - immediate delivery. You be surprised how many people are willing to pay up for the instant gratification factor of not having to wait. The dealers know this, so they keep those cars fully priced waiting for a person like that to walk in.
Old 04-15-2024, 08:21 PM
Gus22
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by DriveToSurvive
Very anecdotal contribution to this thread, but I found two US dealers recently offering new 992.1 GTS’s at MSRP. One was in the NY region in a major market. The other is a fairly well known dealer in Central Ohio who is notorious for charging premiums for everything they sell and service. I considered the first one in NY to be a diamond in the rough. When I came across the second one (local to me in OH), I was surprised by their offer. I realize a GTS is different from a GT3, which likely still commands a premium, but in many cases, my GTS search had routinely produced ADM’s. Regardless, I was thrilled to purchase a new GTS at MSRP recently, but wondering now if it is a part of a larger trend and pricing strength in the US may be cooling. Who knows. Only a few data points, but I figured it was worth sharing.

if the dealer you are mentioning is MAG, then I think that is a one off. I was there getting my TTS serviced this weekend and they told me the buyer that ordered it backed out last minute once it arrived.
Old 04-16-2024, 03:18 PM
Porsche992
Racer

Received 292 Likes on 123 Posts

Getting delivery of a S in Florida soon and it's no ADM.
Old 04-16-2024, 04:48 PM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Received 652 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche992
Getting delivery of a S in Florida soon and it's no ADM.
My dealer in Florida never charged an ADM throughout the post-Covid period and still does not meaning if the dealer you are using had and is not now, that is material. If they were like my dealer, obviously it is not.
Old 04-16-2024, 04:59 PM
Gary12000
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 81 Posts

Braman and Champion appear to be the biggest players in Mid Florida maybe the collection down in Miami who is very high on pricing, i was in Braman recently and they had a highly specced base 911 sitting in the showroom, i mean high high spec, and they had it marked up as having ADM...i think it was MSRP $165k then ADM on top.. but as i was talking there was an indication of removing the ADM...
Old 04-16-2024, 05:35 PM
Porsche992
Racer

Received 292 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Vicbastige
My dealer in Florida never charged an ADM throughout the post-Covid period and still does not meaning if the dealer you are using had and is not now, that is material. If they were like my dealer, obviously it is not.
Yes you are probably talking about West Broward ? Very cool people, I never got a car from them though. This was central florida and yes they were asking for ADM's last year but not anymore. I had reservation on a few dealerships , not deposits and starting this year I started getting calls from all of them offering allocations, so yes. Florida is done with ADM for the time being on regular non-GT cars at least

Last edited by Porsche992; 04-16-2024 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-16-2024, 05:38 PM
DriveToSurvive
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Gus22
if the dealer you are mentioning is MAG, then I think that is a one off. I was there getting my TTS serviced this weekend and they told me the buyer that ordered it backed out last minute once it arrived.
Confirmed on the dealer. Thanks for the backstory. Makes sense. The GTS was a decent spec but had buckets, so maybe a limiting factor in terms of how broadly they could push the price. Regardless, struck me as interesting because every previous offer had an ADM for new 911s or highly inflated for used.
Old 04-16-2024, 06:34 PM
ddreyfu76
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Confirmed on the dealer. Thanks for the backstory. Makes sense. The GTS was a decent spec but had buckets, so maybe a limiting factor in terms of how broadly they could push the price. Regardless, struck me as interesting because every previous offer had an ADM for new 911s or highly inflated for used.
I happen to be the new owner on this one. Closed the deal 8am yesterday. The buckets were the only thing holding me back, but decided to pull the trigger anyway. We agreed to MSRP and no ADM.

I should have it by the end of the month.
The following users liked this post:
Gary12000 (04-16-2024)
Old 04-16-2024, 06:54 PM
DriveToSurvive
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ddreyfu76
I happen to be the new owner on this one. Closed the deal 8am yesterday. The buckets were the only thing holding me back, but decided to pull the trigger anyway. We agreed to MSRP and no ADM.

Wow, congrats!! Very excited for you. You will love the car! I liked the spec and would have considered it but had just received delivery on my new GTS two weeks ago. Been looking forever and finally found something close to my exact specs with no ADM. Felt like a unicorn. Congrats on finding something similar! Hope to see you and the new ride at a cars and coffee or MORPCA event sometime soon. I’m new to the Porsche community but loving it so far.
Old 04-16-2024, 06:55 PM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Received 652 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche992
Yes you are probably talking about West Broward ? Very cool people, I never got a car from them though. This was central florida and yes they were asking for ADM's last year but not anymore. I had reservation on a few dealerships , not deposits and starting this year I started getting calls from all of them offering allocations, so yes. Florida is done with ADM for the time being on regular non-GT cars at least
My shop is Naples. I'm not sure all of the dealers are done with ADMs...but may be soon.
The following users liked this post:
Porsche992 (04-16-2024)
Old 04-16-2024, 06:59 PM
ddreyfu76
7th Gear

Wow, congrats!! Very excited for you. You will love the car! I liked the spec and would have considered it but had just received delivery on my new GTS two weeks ago. Been looking forever and finally found something close to my exact specs with no ADM. Felt like a unicorn. Congrats on finding something similar! Hope to see you and the new ride at a cars and coffee or MORPCA event sometime soon. I’m new to the Porsche community but loving it so far.
Thank you! I'm on a waiting list at four dealers for a GTS and couldn't pass this up. It's not my ideal spec, but can't wait to get it. I'll stay on the waiting lists for a. 2 and will be smiling every day while I wait patiently.

Last edited by ddreyfu76; 04-16-2024 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-16-2024, 07:23 PM
Gus22
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 53 Posts

Thank you! I'm on a waiting list at four dealers for a GTS and couldn't pass this up. It's not my ideal spec, but can't wait to get it. I'll stay on the waiting lists for a. 2 and will be smiling every day while I wait patiently.
congrats on your new vehicle! I really liked the spec when I was there getting service. Aerokit was a nice touch as many want it but were never able to order it due to stop sales etc. you’ll be fine with the buckets. They’re actually pretty comfortable once you are in them. Getting the hang of the ingress and egress isn’t too bad. I actually think that the spec will help you in the long run with those more unique options for resale etc. Anyway congrats and enjoy!
Old 04-16-2024, 07:26 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,536 Likes on 866 Posts

congrats. But what's taking so long?
Old 04-16-2024, 08:12 PM
ddreyfu76
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Shogunade
congrats. But what's taking so long?
I have to ship it to NC. I'm also debating on having a local place there PPF the car before delivery. The dealer has been very easy to work with.

Quick Reply: No more ADM‘s/ Prices lowering