Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Standard non-sport spoiler lip will fit a standard Carrera T front bumper right?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2024, 09:05 PM
masmole
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Standard non-sport spoiler lip will fit a standard Carrera T front bumper right?

This one: https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/sku992stksl.html

Even with FAL engaged I’m BADLY scraping at the bottom on the steep slope entering my building’s parking garage. It doesn’t seem to show any actual visible damage but I am concerned it might actually get ripped clean off one day if it catches the floor drain grille near the base of the ramp just right. To afford a bit more clearance, I’m thinking of swapping-out the sport spoiler lip that came stock with my T for the non-sport one shown on the link above.

It looks like it should be a direct swap considering some here have already gone the other way (swap non-sport for sport). But on the product description on Suncoast’s site it does say: “Standard on cars with stock suspension. Not compatible with cars with Sport PASM suspension”. And the T has Sport PASM as standard, so….?

Does it just say this because despite fitting right in, it’s technically “not compatible” aerodynamically per Porsche wind tunnel tests at the lowered Sport PASM that the T has or something like that?

I should be good right?

Last edited by masmole; 04-19-2024 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-19-2024, 09:33 PM
Icegrill
Burning Brakes

Received 782 Likes on 384 Posts

It will, but the aero will be affected. Probably won’t matter in ‘normal’ conditions.
Old 04-19-2024, 09:46 PM
masmole
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Icegrill
It will, but the aero will be affected. Probably won’t matter in ‘normal’ conditions.
That’s what I figured. Perhaps at speed, there will be less front downforce and may make the nose feel lighter, though barely perceptible, at least for most of us. Not enough to make it dangerous or have any noticeable change to the car’s handling behavior when driven on public roads you think?

Quick Reply: Standard non-sport spoiler lip will fit a standard Carrera T front bumper right?