Sponsored by: DashLynx

hey wait for me racing team

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 10:40 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Vinny,

That is fantastic. I'm guessing there's no need to worry if it will come off at high speeds since we'll be going so slow.
Old 12-02-2003, 10:52 AM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 674 Likes on 476 Posts

Perfect for me too. I got repetetive motion disorder at my first track event. On top of that I wore a nice spot on my roof from my hand slapping down while giving the pass right signal...FWIT, if you put a small piece of invinca sheild there you can avoid this problem.
Old 12-02-2003, 10:56 AM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

BTW...That arm looks like it came off a Ronald McDonald (no affiliation) statue. Are those the "official" team colors?
Old 12-02-2003, 11:35 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, gentlemen. I was up all night with the selection committee (although Steve was not present, he's still sitting by his fax machine) and now have our results.

It was a very impressive array of applications.

jford -- you're in, and I await your arrival. Please send your expected appearance soonest. thanks for the tip on the invincishield. It will help a lot of us. By the way, the team colors are ones we see all the time -- blue and yellow, as found on a passing flag.

Robert -- you better make a large batch of 'shine. We are up to 70 or so team mates. By the way, some of the members wish you would go out of town, so we can see some of those wacky posts from your missus.

Vinny -- wonderful invention, thank you for your dedication, the kind that keeps our organization mid-pack! But what if we want someone to pass driver's left? Actually, that could make it more interesting... I'm glad you're one of us, the few, the proud, the laggards.

Pete -- a very sincere and deserving application. You are emminently qualified. But unlike you, the only time I ever find things to go quickly is when I'm doing 85 and going backwards. You must be good. And way to set an example even though you are in charge of beginners. And with ten strikes in one at bat, maybe your should be the Team Designated Hitter. Welcome to the team, Team Gambler.

Dan Excellent (and humorous) work as always. I don't know if the rest of you really appreciate Dan's genius. Most would expect us to merge with a team with similar expertise, say Minardi. But no, Dan has gone after Panasonic Toyota, in hopes that we will get a lot of cool electronic stuff for free. And although I resent the bald joke, the Bobble-head doll is an inspired idea. I will get Purchasing working on them right away.

Robert - yes, Dom Deluise, but a good looking Dom Deluise along with a little Danny Devito and Robert Urich thrown in.

24FPS -- I do remember, I am not as old as Steve and still have a high tolerance. Yes you are a member too, but we never finalized your team duty. BTW, any chance of sharing your latest film effort with our team mates? I think it is very much in the HWFM tradition.

Carrera Mike -- Repeat after us "Slow driving good, Late Apexing, Bad!" Still, we'll take you as a probationary, providing you fax the Team AARP Rep a couple of cyber beers.

Phil Love the new avatar. How'd you get your picture taken in the Pentagon?
Old 12-02-2003, 12:20 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 317 Likes on 140 Posts

Mike.....

This is the Missus here...

Wacky posts?? What wacky posts?

Young man, bend over and let me give you five wacks on the bum
with this here hot wheels track for that comment

JoAnne

OFFICIAL MOTHER SUPERIOR OF THE 'HEY WAIT FOR ME' RACE TEAM
Old 12-02-2003, 12:26 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Bending over, ma'am.

Old 12-02-2003, 12:51 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Alright here's for you guys who are so mean to me

Let me explain why my instructor told me to get more instruction in the green group (would this fullfil my "essay" requirement too?)

That was my very first, ever DE and track event(don't want to challenge anyone in highway driving, 'cause I know there are crazy people here who can make me end up in the embankment.) But anyways, those turns at VIR south course gave me serious dizziness at that turning speeds, mind too, the heavy cheap helmet I was using. Heck even my GT3(Gran Turismo) in playstation2 are slow on first few runs. I only had 4 runs the first day then go back to the hotel, get some rest just to get nervous again the next day. Everyone knows, you have to know the turns to be confident on how fast (and how precise the apexes) you take them. Hey, I got excuses , I mean good reasons, ey? Oh, and yah, I have RE730s in the rears, and S-02s in the fronts...so that gave me unsafe, unprecise feedbacks and road feel!

Mike in Chi wrote: "Repeat after us "Slow driving good, Late Apexing, Bad!" Still, we'll take you as a probationary, providing you fax the Team AARP Rep a couple of cyber beers."

Mike, I though if in doubt, always take the late apex than the early apex. It's always safer 'cause the early one tend to throw you on the outside of the exit point.

Viny, do I get that inflatable arm and pizza when I become a member??

Last edited by Carrera Mike; 12-02-2003 at 01:59 PM.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:52 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

FbFisher,

Lets see that essay and them beers. If we tell everyone that you have a tiptronic cab, no one needs to know how fast you are. That'll be our little secret.

As you can see, I have considerable influence with the Big Turtle, and I am sooooo easily bought. BTW, "Tour Guide" is excellent.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:55 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Carrera Mike,

Oh oh. Making excuses why you are slow is ALMOST as bad as being fast. Be careful. Be very careful... you are skating on very thin ice here. My fax machine awaits...
Old 12-02-2003, 01:13 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Its official then. I am in!

I will need a title and a job of course. Are these assgined or am I to pick my own? I will need to update my personal info on Rennlist. Run to Kinkos to change my anual holiday newsletter before it goes to press. And, of course, punch in "Mike in Chi" on Mapquest for my pilgramage.

Heading for Indonesia on Friday for 5 weeks so have to move fast. Might have to put the trip to Chicago off until the spring.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:21 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

jford,

You will need to suggest various job titles until you get the concurance of the members of the bored (sic) of directors. But, if you are thinking of letting a trip to Indonesia interfere with your HWFMR Team duties, well... the Turtle may reconsider you membership status. I hate to break it to you bunkie, but we're a pretty hard-*** group, with standards... yes they are set very low, and a firm set of moveable by-laws. You were doing really good right up to that indonesia part. Fax machine...
Old 12-02-2003, 01:54 PM
Vinny '98 3.8 C2S
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Mike in Chi

Vinny -- what if we want someone to pass driver's left?
Mike, I never let anyone pass on my left. Giving them a close-up of me eating a pizza while trying to heel and toe usually gives them a fright.
Old 12-02-2003, 02:11 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally posted by ca993twin
Oh oh. Making excuses why you are slow is ALMOST as bad as being fast.
I've heard that making excuses means a driver is ready for club racing.
Old 12-02-2003, 02:12 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally posted by Vinny '98 3.8 C2S
Mike, I never let anyone pass on my left. Giving them a close-up of me eating a pizza....
I find that personally - very confusing???

I could never eat pizza with my free hand - as it's too busy throwing passing signals to the train of cars behind me..?? And my other hand is usually trying to find a radio station that's playing good driving music.

So - to be able heel-and-toe whist steering with my knee is something that I haven't quite mastered...!!!
Old 12-02-2003, 02:27 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Steve,

I will be able to chime/check in from SE Asia but just not as often. I spend a month or two there every year and would love to bring the HWFMR message abroad.

I realise I am rather new to ask for such an appointment and resonsability but how does "pr director SE Asia region" sound?

Jamie

Jon....next time you ride with an instructor and he gives you a headset, unplug your end and plug it into a walkman. Tell him you get your driving tips from ZZ Top and to keep his mouth shut. They impresses them immensly.

Quick Reply: hey wait for me racing team