hey wait for me racing team

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 04:07 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 674 Likes on 476 Posts
Default hey wait for me racing team

What exactly is this? Yes, I searched. Nothing. Read the FAQ. Nothing. Sometimes I think I am the only one here not on it.
Old 12-01-2003, 05:58 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Jford, you're not alone. I've been wondering about that team too
Old 12-01-2003, 06:00 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

At leat now I know it was not a stupid question.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:15 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 63 Likes on 25 Posts

Prospective teamates:

As the teams Registar I'm glad to see that both of you are Rennlist members which is part of the requirement for membership.
The team's founder and fearless leader Mike in Chi will have to finally approve your membership request.
Apart from Rennlist membership there is one other matter. You must be slow to qualify ( hence the "Hey Wait for Me")
Also you must be willing to work for the team under a capacity. For example we have from Umbrella girls to Moonshine suppliers in the team. you got to find your function.

Ahh..and on our next team meeting you guys supply the beer
Old 12-01-2003, 06:28 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Hold it Danny.. not so fast. The HWFM Race Team bylaws (which I'm refering to as we speak... er type) say that applicants must submit a self-depreciating post on this board that describes some incident which makes them worthy of membership. 500 words. Here... on this forum. A good sense of humor and absolutely no shame what-so-ever are two of the many requirements for membership.

I have it on good authority that a couple of beers sent over to the AARP representative will go a long ways towards easing the applicant into membership. I'll be watching for that application post, and checking my fax machine for the beer.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:32 PM
poorb0yw
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ hahahah you guys are too much.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:35 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey, these are hard requirements BUt the first one "slow to qualify", I think I will pass with no problem. If you meant slow qualifying for driving talents. 'Cause my instructor's comment on my very first and only DE (Green Group) so far, was "CONTINUE in receiving instruction"I have that documented in my PCA's Driving Logbook
Does that mean that "I'm slow to qualify"?
Old 12-01-2003, 06:45 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Don't fall for the Old Fart's beer scam.

A couple of facsimile beers and he's on his ***, or a facsimile thereof. And it still won't get you on the team, although it is fun to read Steve's posts after he has had a few of those.

The reason HWFM Racing did not appear on your search request is all records of our organization have been stricken from the archives. The fact is, we have grown too large, too powerful and too influential for the establishment. Or maybe the search engine was very, very slow in defference to the team.

However it is still possible to become a member. In fact jford, you already qualify. Initially anyone with two 993 cars was automatically in, unless they proved to be boring, a whiner, or got us sued. Eventually this rule was broadened to include anyone with two P-cars (same exclusions apply). The other alternatives are the one the Old Fart correctly quoted - an application of your track ineptitude and/or scintillating wit, or having a really cool car that you let a senior member drive, or be really funny, or as Danny pointed out, bring a lot of beer to our next gathering. And your application won't get tied up in processing, if you're a Rennlist Member.

And as Danny also pointed out, you need a team function.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:49 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And as Danny also pointed out, you need a team function.

speaking of functions, should we make Shant chief tire changer/inspector?
Old 12-01-2003, 06:49 PM
p_carfan
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hey DJF1-

Perhaps it's time to publish a current team roster , or maybe a link to one .

Social Critic "Hey Wait For Me Racing"
Old 12-01-2003, 06:54 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Phil

Well, I think we should name DJ Team Poet Laureate. He is very good at Haiku.

Danny

Would you post all the functions. I know I've given out a lot of memberships, and not forwarded them to you. It's probably a good time to update the list. Could you post it as a seperate Roll call or Role Call?

Thanks, Team Registrar.

Old 12-01-2003, 07:02 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

jford

Maybe you are qualified for this team. I just did a search with "HWFM" as the keyword and got 99 posts.
Old 12-01-2003, 07:08 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 63 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally posted by p_carfan
Hey DJF1-

Perhaps it's time to publish a current team roster , or maybe a link to one .

Social Critic "Hey Wait For Me Racing"
Yeap you are right...I got to post the team roster or roaster as I like to call it There are memberships that have been extended and we need to get updated.

Have you applied too???

Steve thank you for pointing out my shortcomings. Always written in such ellegance. I actually thought our legal councel would jump on this and point out the details for the application.

So "newbies" we await your 500 word essay and yes Carrera Mike you have achieved excellence and have prequalified for the team membership on account of your instructors evaluation. You would have gotten the "Team role model" award but I'm afraid that Honour is being held by Matt Vaughn. So you have to find another function there... I must admit that your nifty little job with the stick shift on your car which means you spend a lot of time with the shifter nowdays, plus the natural slowness in shifting as commended by your instructors remarks may qualify you as an understudy to our Chief Driving Instructor as "driver instructor" with speciality in " slow shifting technics".

Old 12-01-2003, 07:18 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Perhaps Carrera Mike and I could lead a group of non-team members on a journey to Chicago to see Mike himself. Sort of our own journey to Oz. All those making the trip would be in search of enlightenment of some kind. Proper tire inflation, CEL fix, best 18" rims, how to read the dipstick etc. We would sing and dance along the way of course.

During the journey our fortitude would be tested. Souped up Hondas, soccer moms in SUV's and slow drivers in the left lane would conspire to thwart our efforts. The wicked witch of the west would take the form of a highway patrolman hell bent in slowing us up with VASCAR, Lasers and the occasional flying monkey.

Upon our arrival we would see that Mike looked and drove less like Skip Barber and more like Dom Deluise in Cannonball Run. The rumble and crackle of lightening was really his supercups w/cat bypass. Finally, upon seeking the answers to our questions, we were admonished to "search" and read the FAQ.

Or maybe I could just bring the beer.
Old 12-01-2003, 07:22 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

My bad (as the kids say) I typed in "Hey Wait for Me Racing Team" instead of "HWFMR"....heck who cares how it happend. I'M IN!!!!!......Wait a minute, the play is being reviewed (or in this case the post re-read) you said I "may be qualified". Better start on the essay.

Quick Reply: hey wait for me racing team