Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

BrombacherFVD Wheel Decal - who can reproduce?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 04:06 PM
cohare
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default BrombacherFVD Wheel Decal - who can reproduce?

I know this is group that appreciates fine details, I have been trying to locate new Brombacher FVD wheel decals. I contacted Work and they said they sold the license for these to cargraphic years ago, Cragraphic doesn’t market them as Brombacher’s anymore.

Work has the Brombacher only decals but I don’t want to settle. Any ideas (I am in Tampa FL if that matters!). Thanks all

Old 11-20-2017, 06:06 PM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I too am interested in reproducing these decals as I have a set of old-school FVD Brombacher wheels by WORKS that are ready for a refinish.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:35 AM
samurai_k
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 124 Posts

Same here. At some point I am going to take the centers out and get the barrels stripped down and refinished as the clear coat needs some love.

I called Brombacher in Germany a while back and they don't have them. We will have to do a custom run of laser cut stickers... On my wheels there is a Brombacher logo in white and Porsche logo in red.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:55 PM
cohare
Racer

Originally Posted by samurai_k

Same here. At some point I am going to take the centers out and get the barrels stripped down and refinished as the clear coat needs some love.

I called Brombacher in Germany a while back and they don't have them. We will have to do a custom run of laser cut stickers... On my wheels there is a Brombacher logo in white and Porsche logo in red.
WORK has the white Brombacher ones just without the “FVD part”. I ordered those (cost me $40!?) should get them any day now,
ill let you know how they look when I get them . That red Porsche logo is awesome! Do you have any other pictures showing both logos and the orientation? Could you take a measurement of those? Height and length, those will Probably be easier since it’s a popular logo to reproduce. Must have!
Old 11-22-2017, 04:14 PM
samurai_k
Rennlist Member

If any of you know the font used for the Brombacher and Porsche letters stickers will be easy to make. My designer at work makes large stickers for marketing events so making small ones is the same thing. He can create a digital file we can send to a laser cut vinyl sticker shop to have made any number of them and they are cheap...
Old 11-22-2017, 04:43 PM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Might be easiest to trace the original on a rim, scan, and digitize it. My wheels are in storage, but I’m willing to dig them out and give it a shot.
Old 11-23-2017, 03:59 AM
samurai_k
Rennlist Member

That was my last resort... I'm too OCD to not get it perfect with the original font. Let me get my designer on this. He may be able to find the font for us.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:39 PM
cohare
Racer

That was my last resort... I'm too OCD to not get it perfect with the original font. Let me get my designer on this. He may be able to find the font for us.
That would be awesome. I got the Brombacher stickers in hand not sure if that would help.
Old 12-03-2017, 01:16 PM
samurai_k
Rennlist Member

Can you take a picture of it and send me a copy? High-resolution, good light, nice and level... etc. I can use that to convert it to a digital file that can be laser cut. Another Rennlister graciously shared a Porsche one we can use to make a logo for the wheel lips and if you want a stencil for the brake calipers to paint it on. Doing a brake caliper paint job next once I get my rear suspension done.
Old 12-08-2017, 08:26 AM
cohare
Racer

Can you take a picture of it and send me a copy? High-resolution, good light, nice and level... etc. I can use that to convert it to a digital file that can be laser cut. Another Rennlister graciously shared a Porsche one we can use to make a logo for the wheel lips and if you want a stencil for the brake calipers to paint it on. Doing a brake caliper paint job next once I get my rear suspension done.

I have a JPEG and XPS high resolution, PM me your email address and i will send them. used a professional copy/scanner because it will give the scale? I am back in town, have the stickers with me at work today so let me know what you need.
Old 04-08-2023, 07:26 PM
Kot911
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi.
Does anyone have the Brombacher FVD logo in a vector file?

Quick Reply: BrombacherFVD Wheel Decal - who can reproduce?