Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Caveat Emptor: jeanhules

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 08:31 PM
rg0115
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

This is very unfortunate. I have had really good luck buying things from RL, so there are still honest people out there. 2K is no chump change and the additional cost to get it sorted just adds to the pain. Wish you the best of luck getting it resolved.
Old 10-28-2019, 11:35 PM
jeanhules
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As discussed with the buyer in depth, I never advertised the item for sale in any condition and when described to the seller in a PM, I used "excellent" to describe the $1000 wing as in, excellent condition in regards to what you would get from Getty. I did not know his plan was to use the wing as is. That said, almost all of the images above show damage that occurred during the shipping process which is 100% at the fault of UPS as they packaged and shipped the box. The pinholes may have been overlooked by me as I never saw them during my ownership and there is a chip that is on the underside of the wing and is ultimately never visible once the wing is installed (again, never saw that during my 2 year ownership).

Stepping back, I did/do consider this wing in excellent condition as there were no scratches and the only "damage" were a couple minimal items that came from the Getty factory. Yes, it is not museum quality, it is a used fiberglass replica wing that you lowballed me for. Excellent does not mean perfect/flawless, especially when talking about used exterior parts. I was not trying to hide anythings from you, I simply never saw them as flaws as they are either in hidden places or occurred during shipment.

Given the shape and size of the wing, I saw it make sense that the UPS box and ship the wing as I have never shipped a wing this big and I never really wanted to in the first place.

Once it came to my attention of all that occurred, I offered to give the seller a refund if he shipped the wing back to me but denied my offer and created a dispute with Amex and Paypal, both of which obviously turned him down. You tried to accuse me of selling you the Getty Maus wing and then accused me of damage. I was willing to refund if you sent it back to me.

And Meenrod, again, FedEx boxed your wheels as you and I discussed prior to your purchase. I simply dropped them off and then had to pick them up to later get shipped by UPS because of your request to use ShipNerd. I would trust that FedEx would know how to properly package something like that, but apparently not. They were insured yet you filed a complaint with Paypal which you ultimately lost because you installed the damaged wheels on your car prior to the claim person inspecting the items and tried to make me cover the money you would have received from UPS insurance. I offered to pay half, but you denied that offer and ultimately lost the dispute with PayPal.

I have sold a lot of parts on RL and have never described them falsely. I've sold to lot of happy buyers. I never want to see quality parts damaged during shipping, but in the buying and selling used parts cross country game, there is a risk of damage during shipping happening. Be sure to insure stuff to the full amount and follow the courier's procedure to the T if any damage does happen or else they will say they will not cover the damage due to X reason.

Last edited by jeanhules; 10-29-2019 at 12:08 AM.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:20 AM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by jeanhules
As discussed with the buyer in depth, I never advertised the item for sale in any condition and when described to the seller in a PM, I used "excellent" to describe the $1000 wing as in, excellent condition in regards to what you would get from Getty. I did not know his plan was to use the wing as is. That said, almost all of the images above show damage that occurred during the shipping process which is 100% at the fault of UPS as they packaged and shipped the box. The pinholes may have been overlooked by me as I never saw them during my ownership and there is a chip that is on the underside of the wing and is ultimately never visible once the wing is installed (again, never saw that during my 2 year ownership).

Stepping back, I did/do consider this wing in excellent condition as there were no scratches and the only "damage" were a couple minimal items that came from the Getty factory. Yes, it is not museum quality, it is a used fiberglass replica wing that you lowballed me for. Excellent does not mean perfect/flawless, especially when talking about used exterior parts. I was not trying to hide anythings from you, I simply never saw them as flaws as they are either in hidden places or occurred during shipment.

Given the shape and size of the wing, I saw it make sense that the UPS box and ship the wing as I have never shipped a wing this big and I never really wanted to in the first place.

Once it came to my attention of all that occurred, I offered to give the seller a refund if he shipped the wing back to me but denied my offer and created a dispute with Amex and Paypal, both of which obviously turned him down. You tried to accuse me of selling you the Getty Maus wing and then accused me of damage. I was willing to refund if you sent it back to me.

And Meenrod, again, FedEx boxed your wheels as you and I discussed prior to your purchase. I simply dropped them off and then had to pick them up to later get shipped by UPS because of your request to use ShipNerd. I would trust that FedEx would know how to properly package something like that, but apparently not. They were insured yet you filed a complaint with Paypal which you ultimately lost because you installed the damaged wheels on your car prior to the claim person inspecting the items and tried to make me cover the money you would have received from UPS insurance. I offered to pay half, but you denied that offer and ultimately lost the dispute with PayPal.

I have sold a lot of parts on RL and have never described them falsely. I've sold to lot of happy buyers. I never want to see quality parts damaged during shipping, but in the buying and selling used parts cross country game, there is a risk of damage during shipping happening. Be sure to insure stuff to the full amount and follow the courier's procedure to the T if any damage does happen or else they will say they will not cover the damage due to X reason.

John,

Spare the BS. Would you like me to post the PMs and text messages? Better yet, you prove it by posting that which you have on your IPhone and rennlist inbox. Let your peers and audience dictate. AMX has them, and soon will my lawyer. You claim to come from a family of lawyers, yet you play dumb. You fail to realize what constitutes an agreement on condition and sale. Don’t come here and claim otherwise. Also, blaming the shipper is ringing a bell with your previous buyer.

John, AMX has already refunded my money. PayPal never iniated anything. Don’t blow smoke where it doesn’t belong. You’re deceiving yourself even more.

Your failure to own up the Fiduciary duty as a seller is pathetic. Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll enjoy the California air after collecting the damages from UPS.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:30 AM
RunWhatchaBrung
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Sword of Spirit, it sounds like you were looking for new OEM condition, but bought a USED replica wing at a price that reflects the condition you got. Why don’t you put a penny on those photos so we can see the actual scale of the supposed imperfections. IMO, excellent condition doesn’t mean perfect or flawless, and the photos of the wing you posted look pretty excellent. Did you ask for close-up photos before you purchased it? Did you ask if there were any imperfections before you purchased? Everyone has their own opinion of what excellent means, so if you had that high of expectations, I really think you ought to have done more due diligence before agreeing to the deal.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:34 AM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Originally Posted by Running_Man
Hey Sword of Spirit, it sounds like you were looking for new OEM condition, but bought a USED replica wing at a price that reflects the condition you got. Why don’t you put a penny on those photos so we can see the actual scale of the supposed imperfections. IMO, excellent condition doesn’t mean perfect or flawless, and the photos of the wing you posted look pretty excellent. Did you ask for close-up photos before you purchased it? Did you ask if there were any imperfections before you purchased? Everyone has their own opinion of what excellent means, so if you had that high of expectations, I really think you ought to have done more due diligence before agreeing to the deal.
Hello, where have you been since 16'?

Is excellent the same as new? If you can answer that, I'll respond further.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sword_of_the_Spirit:
911F1 (10-29-2019), 993c4_Toronto (10-29-2019)
Old 10-29-2019, 12:35 AM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

For the record John, what are you planning do doing with the UPS damage claim reimbursement? You do know I sent you the amount for shipping as well have documentation of such? I hope you didn't think of committing fraud.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:43 AM
jeanhules
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit
For the record John, what are you planning do doing with the UPS damage claim reimbursement? You do know I sent you the amount for shipping as well have documentation of such? I hope you didn't think of committing fraud.
You lost me. I have had no contact with UPS since the day I dropped the wing off to get packaged and shipped.

You were handling the insurance claim. So if you received funds from Amex as well as insurance from UPS and also demanding a refund from me, and also demanding money from Paypal, you’re trying to get a lot of money for a $1000 used wing with maybe a couple hundred dollars of damage which happened in shipping.

Since the beginning, I said I would give you a full $1000 refund once I received the wing. It sounds like you’ve been made whole and then some.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:56 AM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Originally Posted by jeanhules
You lost me. I have had no contact with UPS since the day I dropped the wing off to get packaged and shipped.

You were handling the insurance claim. So if you received funds from Amex as well as insurance from UPS and also demanding a refund from me, and also demanding money from Paypal, you’re trying to get a lot of money for a $1000 used wing with maybe a couple hundred dollars of damage which happened in shipping.

Since the beginning, I said I would give you a full $1000 refund once I received the wing. It sounds like you’ve been made whole and then some.
Whose playing the fool now huh? Seriously? I haven't been made whole yet. I'm sitting with a damaged item. I'm staring at the wonderful creation you so graced your 911 with. It's embarrassing to be quite honest. I feel bad that your paint shop did such a bastard of a job.

You have been contacted by Maple Grove UPS Store. I spoke with Kyle today. I cannot recoup anything as I didn't directly pay them. You should know that as I have a pdf of the receipt along with your name.

Why don't you stop adding documentation to my case and just own up? You'll have the wing once AMX contacts you and then you sort out with UPS.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:05 AM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

How do you figure I would pay out of my own pocket to send an item back to you? That isn't very whole is it? Explain if it is please for all of us as I did give you 3 weeks notice I would bring this forth before the very forum you and I call home. Sad isn't it. It could have been all sorted had you said, "Mike, I apologize for selling an item that had paint and prep defects. I'll pay for the shipping and reimburse you the whole amount as we speak." You did neither. You ramble on and on about how I'm a little kid and have no clue what a Getty Piece is vice one from Porsche Motorsport. You're truly something else.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:13 AM
Meenrod
Burning Brakes

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts

This is basically exactly what happened with me. Blames the shipper, me, anyone else really instead of taking responsibility.

The texts and emails I have are also contradictory.

Readers make up your own minds.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:51 AM
RunWhatchaBrung
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So you were fully reimbursed by AMX Mr. Sword of Spirit? Was that the full purchase amount? If so, why are you saying you were not made whole?

And yes, excellent is not new, replica is not oem. Can we see the car it’s going on? Close-ups, all angles please. See, that’s how it’s done.
Old 10-29-2019, 10:39 AM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

The pics clearly show poor prep and paint, not shipping related. But that's also exactly what anyone should expect from any secondhand body part, ESPECIALLY an aftermarket part. Simply bolting on somebody else's fiberglass wing just ain't gonna happen. Gotta be realistic. But that wing was clearly never in "Excellent" condition either.
The following users liked this post:
m32 (09-26-2020)
Old 10-29-2019, 11:36 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,246 Likes on 2,732 Posts

Full refund. Split shipping. That would have been ok.

I've had situations where things I shipped broke in transit. In those cases, I provided full and immediate refund of all costs. That included shipping. That was more of a goodwill gesture, not everyone is into that and the shipping company refunded those expenses regardless. I handled the claim on my end - it's not something the buyer should have to wait on before they get their refund.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:13 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Some people are definitely using the RL platform for their part time/full time business and getting away with it. Private enthusiast sellers tend to be more agreeable in sorting out issues and open up front when cleaning parts out their garage. Others have to do this to pay bills.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:47 PM
ShipNerd
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Unrelated but kind of related -- buying insurance UPS, Fedex, etc.. doesn't mean that you're automatically covered in case of damage. The courier needs to come out and inspect the packaging material used to ensure that the items were adequately packaged and protected for shipping. If not, the claim is denied -- which does make sense. I highly suggest taking detailed pictures of both the item and packaging material used when shipping out expensive items such as this. Should a damage claim ever need to be filed it is infinitely helpful to have pictures showing everything. In this day an age it's so easy to take a dozen pictures with a camera phone.

Steve
The following users liked this post:
993c4_Toronto (10-29-2019)

Quick Reply: Caveat Emptor: jeanhules