Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anyone install perforated door handles on their 993?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 09:45 AM
71-3.0-911
Rennlist Member

Received 722 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by jakeg

Yup, seats are in the works. I would want a seat with recline, possibly doing a vintage Recaro seat? Looking at doing something interesting to the seat inserts, maybe some type of houndstooth pattern color or something else interesting..
6 point- getting my head around drilling the floorboard to get the mounting points installed..
I am thinking the same thing for my car. Who are you working with on the seats? Ive got my eye on a set of Monte Carlos from Stefan at GTS Classics. Maybe the Grand tourismo seats as well. Cant decide right now.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:01 AM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Since you asked...I think that would look terrible. That said, if you like it get it.
Old 03-03-2020, 12:53 PM
imdvs
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts

I saw this on an outstanding 993 at DRT 2020 in Miami. I thought it looked good.
Old 03-03-2020, 01:36 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by jakeg
Ah! That's an idea..

Yup, seats are in the works. I would want a seat with recline, possibly doing a vintage Recaro seat? Looking at doing something interesting to the seat inserts, maybe some type of houndstooth pattern color or something else interesting..
6 point- getting my head around drilling the floorboard to get the mounting points installed..
Some very cool ideas there for the seat inserts, make it yours! As for the mounting points, you can always go with a BK substrap bar. I have two BK bars lying around looking for a new home. I preferred to drill a few holes and save the weight. I would not advise using the BK bars if you need to slide the seats far back. The BK bars don’t go far enough back for taller drivers. If you’re not tracking the car too heavily, you can also get a substrap bar that simply attaches to the Recarro sliders. Cheers!
Old 03-03-2020, 02:26 PM
knorrena
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Prolly wont offset the added weight from the cage, but they look cool.

Nice car and digging the ducktail. Might have to speak with the finance minister to motivate the acquisition of a ducktail.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:33 PM
jakeg
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 71-3.0-911
I am thinking the same thing for my car. Who are you working with on the seats? Ive got my eye on a set of Monte Carlos from Stefan at GTS Classics. Maybe the Grand tourismo seats as well. Cant decide right now.
I haven't narrowed it down actually.. One consideration is to take my existing seats to a local upholstery shop that did my e30 m3 years ago and have them do the centers.
Otherwise i'm looking online. There is a vendor on IG called Used.racingparts. he seems to have some interesting seats for sale, out of Thailand..

Originally Posted by imdvs

I saw this on an outstanding 993 at DRT 2020 in Miami. I thought it looked good.
NICE! Need to learn where to get this vs. drilling the holes..

Originally Posted by Foxman
Some very cool ideas there for the seat inserts, make it yours! As for the mounting points, you can always go with a BK substrap bar. I have two BK bars lying around looking for a new home. I preferred to drill a few holes and save the weight. I would not advise using the BK bars if you need to slide the seats far back. The BK bars don’t go far enough back for taller drivers. If you’re not tracking the car too heavily, you can also get a substrap bar that simply attaches to the Recarro sliders. Cheers!
Ah! Good to know, thanks!

Originally Posted by knorrena
Prolly wont offset the added weight from the cage, but they look cool.

Nice car and digging the ducktail. Might have to speak with the finance minister to motivate the acquisition of a ducktail.
Lol! Do it!
Old 03-07-2020, 04:56 PM
Raleigh993
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedyC2
This pretty much seals it. I'm gonna have to get a duck at some point...
Love the ducktail. It was part of what attracted me to early 70's 911s. I think it would look great on a 993

Quick Reply: Anyone install perforated door handles on their 993?