Sponsored by: DashLynx

Good deal on early Rivera Blue Cab

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 10:27 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Good deal on early Rivera Blue Cab

Long time no see RL-993! I had to quit cold turkey a few years ago, so I haven't been around in a while. I've decided to do some garage clean out and had a few cool things hiding in the garage...

Here’s a great deal for you on a 1994 993 Cabriolet in Riviera Blau, THE most coveted of 993 colors! Yes, a 1994…which means it’s a Euro model, but all import issues were sorted at the time of import, so she’s 50 state legal. The interior is dark blue, which I normally find objectionable, but goes well with this exterior color. This is not a full leather interior, but does come with the optional cassette holder for your original Sammy Hager “I Can’t Drive 55” tapes. The engine has never leaked a drop of oil and the underside is perfectly clean from road debris.

How can this be a “good deal”? This sounds nearly perfect… Any car of this age will have issues, and this one has a few...

The car hasn’t been started in forever and I just don’t have the time to deal with trying to deal with it. My young nephew spent some time with the car and tried “That Purple Stuff” in the engine. He wasn’t as gentle with the car as I’d have liked, so the exterior has its share of dings and it needs new side-mirrors on both sides. And unexplainably the entire rear grill assembly is missing (???). Also, the car will need wheel bearings all around, as the wheel assemblies are what I’d call “loose” (not the proper technical term).

Also, this car must be a very, very early car. I hesitate to even suggest, but perhaps it could have been an early prototype (???), as its running gear is based on the earlier torsion bar suspension...

Given the rough condition of the car, its next owner needs to be the right person who will put some time & effort into the car to bring it back to life. Onto the pics….

Yummy Riviera Blau...

Some nose dings...

Blue interior that I don't love, but that cassette holder is vintage...

Super clean underside:

Torsion bar suspension:

I think this is what you call "loose" wheel bearings:

Now that you’ve seen her, and I’ve thoroughly pulled your leg, you’ll realize this is 1/18 scale and is was destroyed by my nephew when he was a little tyke. That purple stuff is hardened play doh, hardly performance enhancing. The bottom says:
Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriblet (1994)
Scale 1/18
Maisto
Made in Thailand

If you’ll make good use of it this model, I’ll ship it to you for free. Reply here, and then I'll DM the "winner".

The following users liked this post:
LimeyBoy (05-25-2020)
Old 05-25-2020, 01:24 AM
Tlaloc75
Three Wheelin'

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by kjr914
Long time no see RL-993! I had to quit cold turkey a few years ago, so I haven't been around in a while. I've decided to do some garage clean out and had a few cool things hiding in the garage...

Here’s a great deal for you on a 1994 993 Cabriolet in Riviera Blau, THE most coveted of 993 colors! Yes, a 1994…which means it’s a Euro model, but all import issues were sorted at the time of import, so she’s 50 state legal. The interior is dark blue, which I normally find objectionable, but goes well with this exterior color. This is not a full leather interior, but does come with the optional cassette holder for your original Sammy Hager “I Can’t Drive 55” tapes. The engine has never leaked a drop of oil and the underside is perfectly clean from road debris.

How can this be a “good deal”? This sounds nearly perfect… Any car of this age will have issues, and this one has a few...

The car hasn’t been started in forever and I just don’t have the time to deal with trying to deal with it. My young nephew spent some time with the car and tried “That Purple Stuff” in the engine. He wasn’t as gentle with the car as I’d have liked, so the exterior has its share of dings and it needs new side-mirrors on both sides. And unexplainably the entire rear grill assembly is missing (???). Also, the car will need wheel bearings all around, as the wheel assemblies are what I’d call “loose” (not the proper technical term).

Also, this car must be a very, very early car. I hesitate to even suggest, but perhaps it could have been an early prototype (???), as its running gear is based on the earlier torsion bar suspension...

Given the rough condition of the car, its next owner needs to be the right person who will put some time & effort into the car to bring it back to life. Onto the pics….

Yummy Riviera Blau...

Some nose dings...

Blue interior that I don't love, but that cassette holder is vintage...

Super clean underside:

Torsion bar suspension:

I think this is what you call "loose" wheel bearings:

Now that you’ve seen her, and I’ve thoroughly pulled your leg, you’ll realize this is 1/18 scale and is was destroyed by my nephew when he was a little tyke. That purple stuff is hardened play doh, hardly performance enhancing. The bottom says:
Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriblet (1994)
Scale 1/18
Maisto
Made in Thailand

If you’ll make good use of it this model, I’ll ship it to you for free. Reply here, and then I'll DM the "winner".

My son would love this! I’ll take it, if still available.
The following users liked this post:
HelpMeHelpU (05-25-2020)
Old 05-25-2020, 01:25 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tlaloc75
My son would love this! I’ll take it, if still available.
All yours. PM me a mailing address.
-Keith
Old 05-25-2020, 02:26 PM
rjf
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

When I quickly glanced at the first picture, I thought my gosh the gap between the passenger door and fender is horrible!

LOL .... then I realized what I was looking at .....
Old 05-25-2020, 04:20 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 708 Likes on 516 Posts

I have a silver one by Maisto in perfect condition.....nice models!

Quick Reply: Good deal on early Rivera Blue Cab