Sponsored by: DashLynx

PCCM Volume Not Loud Enough?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2023, 07:41 PM
JJ.Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 80 Posts

Hello all. here is what worked for me - both on my 993 and 964 platforms:

After much research and trying various things, I windup spending the money to change the set-up completely. One was with FoCal Speakers / Match amplifier, the second set-up I did with HELIX i7 speakers and Helix Amplifier.
In both cases I had an onboard blue-tooth for the amp bypassing my PCCM - the quality for music is just unreal. The PCCM automatically picks up for voice calls. Everything is documented on my IG : JJ.Porsche
With a local audio place in Los Angeles whom is incredible!

I fought this for years, specifically on my Wimbeldon Green 964 C2 that I bought with 8K original miles and now there is 15K miles on it - wanting to keep it all original. I will tell you that it is the best decision I've ever made!! Transforms the entire experience.

Happy to chat through the experience with anyone that wants to.
Good luck with your audio needs!
The following 2 users liked this post by JJ.Porsche:
Matthew Morse (03-17-2024), Tarek307 (02-23-2024)
Old 07-31-2023, 07:45 PM
JJ.Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by JJ.Porsche
Hello all. here is what worked for me - both on my 993 and 964 platforms:

After much research and trying various things, I windup spending the money to change the set-up completely. One was with FoCal Speakers / Match amplifier, the second set-up I did with HELIX i7 speakers and Helix Amplifier.
In both cases I had an onboard blue-tooth for the amp bypassing my PCCM - the quality for music is just unreal. The PCCM automatically picks up for voice calls. Everything is documented on my IG : JJ.Porsche
With a local audio place in Los Angeles whom is incredible!

I fought this for years, specifically on my Wimbeldon Green 964 C2 that I bought with 8K original miles and now there is 15K miles on it - wanting to keep it all original. I will tell you that it is the best decision I've ever made!! Transforms the entire experience.

Happy to chat through the experience with anyone that wants to.
Good luck with your audio needs!
here are some pictures from my update jobs:

The following users liked this post:
Matthew Morse (03-17-2024)
Old 08-03-2023, 01:58 AM
cheez80
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by JJ.Porsche;[url=tel:18936920
18936920[/url]]here are some pictures from my update jobs:

Sweet! Another Helix user! I have a P6 Ultimate under the passenger's seat
Old 02-23-2024, 12:52 AM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 150 Posts

Dealing with this issue again now with my new DD, pretty much if your car has the Hi-Fi system the volume on the bluetooth / apple play will be much lower than the Tuner..playing with the custom EQ settings as mentioned earlier in the thread helps alot but its still not that loud however its "acceptable" at full 30 loud . I guess the only way to bypass all this is to put in a different amp and speakers- One of the main annoyances with this is if you leave the car while listining to bluetooth/apple play then get back in and turn tuner on it will be SUPER LOUD..

I don't think this is an issue for cars without Hi-Fi- All in all its pretty disappointing that a "Porsche" branded product can be so "lackluster"

Last edited by Tarek307; 02-23-2024 at 12:53 AM.

Quick Reply: PCCM Volume Not Loud Enough?